Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

Day needs to get his defensive assistants, HC and a better defensive scheme figured out. Harbaugh upgraded the staff over the last two seasons and Day needs to respond.

Manhandled on defense and the run game by SEC Bama, Pac-12 Oregon and B1G Michigan in the last year.

Offense is fine, OL was very overrated this season. Bad weather/slow field and some odd offensive playcalling definitely didn't help today.

Next year ND home, at MSU and PSU all by October 1st. Also home against Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Legit congrats to UM fans today from me. Well deserved W today. Better team absolutely won. UM was way overdue for a win and it’s an actual rivalry again.
    Definitely have some mixed emotions. I tip my cap to UM. I still can’t stand Harbaugh but perhaps there is a silver lining in that OSU will realize you can’t just gloss over deficiencies like a weak run D and expect to go all the way. Let’s see if they bring in a new defensive staff - they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Game was won in the trenches, which has always been the key to this rivalry and where Harbaugh’s Michigan teams have been noticeably coming up short in this matchup
    Exactly. And the Buckeyes, on both sides of the ball, got their butts beat. Harbaugh had his team ready, and Day did not. Total lack of discipline on the Buckeye side with bad hikes, dropping balls, just looking disoriented, and the fringing false start penalties. Every time that one ref came out I'd say here's another one (lol).

I was not impressed with Day's play-calling most of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elrojo View Post
    Yes, as Amos Alonzo Stagg once told me, "Son, most football games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage." The Michigan OL was opening up holes that I could run through,
    and I'm 81 years old.
    7.2 yards per carry. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A bit like the Oregon game where they imposed their will on the OSU defense and rushed for 269 yards. I thought the Buckeyes had patched up the defense but they got exposed today by UM’s run game. And I agree about the 4 OT line. It doesn’t work well against good defenses. They have a brilliant back in Henderson. They need to feature him more and not have Stroud throw 50+ times.
    Very much like the Oregon game. Harbaugh and his coaching staff must have studied that game pretty deeply. Even Day said they were in trouble when your QB has 49 pass attempts. In the first half, when they did decide to run the ball they were doing good. Day gave up on it IMO. I don't understand why Day didn't try to spread it out more in the second half with swing passes to your RBs and under defensive coverage. Saw way too many off-tackle runs that went nowhere.

I'm not embarrassed about losing to Michigan. At some point the Buckeyes were going to lose (lol). But as far as I'm concerned, this game put a blemish on Day's coaching and play-calling.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-29-2021 at 05:04 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Definitely have some mixed emotions. I tip my cap to UM. I still can’t stand Harbaugh but perhaps there is a silver lining in that OSU will realize you can’t just gloss over deficiencies like a weak run D and expect to go all the way. Let’s see if they bring in a new defensive staff - they need to.
    Their defense was their Achille's Heel all year.

8. Likes:

Phoenix2 (11-28-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Can confirm sun did rise in the East this morning.

10. Likes:

Phoenix2 (11-28-2021)

"So Fla Red"

The thing that hurts this year is the playoffs appear to be wide open for the first time outside Georgia who has yet to face a top qb and offense. The Bama machine is down this year and no Clemson (first time since 2014).

You just wanted to get in the mix this season more than most years. We may have a surprise winner and final.

12. Likes:

Phoenix2 (11-28-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

So an tOSU/Oregon rematch in the Rose Bowl?

14. Likes:

goreds2 (11-28-2021),Revering4Blue (11-28-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    So an tOSU/Oregon rematch in the Rose Bowl?
    Possibly. That would be a good outcome and.motivation for osu.

16. Likes:

goreds2 (11-28-2021),Revering4Blue (11-28-2021)

I'll set the over/under of bowl opt outs at 6.

Still in a funk this morning. I agree with the comments on this thread and scratching my head why Day kept trying what wasn't working. OSU dominating UM has been the highlight of sports the past two decades. I knew that UM was going to win this game again but still hurts. Must say I had a sense of doom at the beginning of the game given the intensity of the UM fans and team as well as the weather conditions. The elements can be an equalizer to talent and it did weaken the pass game. The home field advantage was a huge advantage in the game. All the penalties, false starts can largely be attributed to the UM fans. Gotta tip the hat to their fans, their team and even Harbaugh. Worst part is have to wait a whole year to get them again.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Possibly. That would be a good outcome and.motivation for osu.
    Mandel on The Athletic has OSU vs Utah in the Rose.

My belief is that non-playoff bowls don’t matter and I expect several opt-outs. I’ll watch the game and will root for the Buckeyes but I won’t live or die based on any result from the game.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-28-2021)

If Iowa beats Michigan then ttun would get the rose bowl bid (or even worse for the b10 Iowa might get shut out of the cfp and end up in the rose bowl.)

If the big 10 championship goes the other way, then yeah the rose bowl would probably rather have tOSU than Iowa.
    A rematch of tOSU-Oregon might provide some consolation to Buckeye nation, but back in September Oregon pretty much pushed tOSU around and last week Utah pushed Oregon around. If tOSU doesn't figure out how to stop the run it won't be pretty either way.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Mandel on The Athletic has OSU vs Utah in the Rose.

My belief is that non-playoff bowls don’t matter and I expect several opt-outs. I’ll watch the game and will root for the Buckeyes but I won’t live or die based on any result from the game.
    Olave, Wilson, Harrison, NPF, Ruckert at min going to opt out
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Olave, Wilson, Harrison, NPF, Ruckert at min going to opt out
    Is Harrison a top pro prospect?

Turn Off Ads?