Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

I wouldn’t say this is a lost season. In 2014 they lost an early home game to Virginia Tech but come on strong at the end. Win your games and let’s see what happens come the end of the season. But they have to win out and probably win the B10 championship. And from what I saw today, they have a long way to go. Lots of weapons but lots of defensive issues.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-11-2021),RiverRat13 (09-11-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I wouldn’t say this is a lost season. In 2014 they lost an early home game to Virginia Tech but come on strong at the end. Win your games and let’s see what happens come the end of the season. But they have to win out and probably win the B10 championship. And from what I saw today, they have a long way to go. Lots of weapons but lots of defensive issues.
    The difference is that team was good and this one is not. I think they will lose 1-2 more games at best.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The real question is will the rest of the Big 10 be strong enough that if they do run the table the rest of the way can they get a playoff spot?

I’ve always thought Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley are similar coaches. Both are pure offensive geniuses but going against a team that has a defense is their downfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-11-2021),Revering4Blue (09-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The difference is that team was good and this one is not. I think they will lose 1-2 more games at best.
    Maybe so, maybe not. Let’s play the games and see.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

That was awful.....better lose now then get embarrassed in the playoffs. That D is terrible. Need a real D coordinator instead of Coombs. Also Stroud may not be the answer..at least this year. He overthrows receivers an had 3 shots to get it done in the end and couldn't.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-11-2021)

A lot of those yards are YAC and when the bucks were down 2 scores. When the pressure was on he 100% choked and help on to the ball too long. He was extremely rattled those last two possessions. Again, I’m not saying he isn’t good, Ewers could be Peyton Manning. This is now a lost season, need to start building for 2022.
    He wasn't perfect down the stretch. That ball he underthrew to Wilson in the 4th quarter was a killer, but he made a ton of great throws during the game. There was some YAC, but it wasn't like last week. He was throwing downfield and into coverage with confidence. He throws a beautiful deep ball. I think the offense is going to be unstoppable by the middle of the year.

They're going to have to destroy teams the rest of the way if they want to make the playoff though. At least one SEC team will make it. Oregon has the inside track on OSU. There's a good chance it'll come down to a 1 loss OSU versus a 1 loss Clemson.

Ewers could be better, but I'm not sure he's going to transfer if he doesn't start next year. If he does transfer because he doesn't beat out Stroud though, then that'll mean it's because Stroud is awesome, so OSU will still be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    That was awful.....better lose now then get embarrassed in the playoffs. That D is terrible. Need a real D coordinator instead of Coombs. Also Stroud may not be the answer..at least this year. He overthrows receivers an had 3 shots to get it done in the end and couldn't.
    Nailed it

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The real question is will the rest of the Big 10 be strong enough that if they do run the table the rest of the way can they get a playoff spot?
    If Iowa wins today, I say yes.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-11-2021)

I don’t think OSU will run the table this year with this defense and Stroud under pressure. The scary part about today is Oregon’s defense was missing their 3 best players, all front 7 players, and Stroud was still rattled.

Even if they do, I don’t think they will deserve to get in. They got owned at home.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I don’t think OSU will run the table this year with this defense and Stroud under pressure. The scary part about today is Oregon’s defense was missing their 3 best players, all front 7 players, and Stroud was still rattled.

Even if they do, I don’t think they will deserve to get in. They got owned at home.
    After what I saw today, I see them losing a couple myself.

That D is reminiscent of the D the year Haskins played. God awful......in some ways I hope we lose a few more and Coombs get fired.

Oregon's D is pretty awful as well even with Flowe and KT. Oregon isn't even that good and will lose a couple of games this year. The Buckeyes are just not good especially on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    He wasn't perfect down the stretch. That ball he underthrew to Wilson in the 4th quarter was a killer, but he made a ton of great throws during the game. There was some YAC, but it wasn't like last week. He was throwing downfield and into coverage with confidence. He throws a beautiful deep ball. I think the offense is going to be unstoppable by the middle of the year.

They're going to have to destroy teams the rest of the way if they want to make the playoff though. At least one SEC team will make it. Oregon has the inside track on OSU. There's a good chance it'll come down to a 1 loss OSU versus a 1 loss Clemson.

Ewers could be better, but I'm not sure he's going to transfer if he doesn't start next year. If he does transfer because he doesn't beat out Stroud though, then that'll mean it's because Stroud is awesome, so OSU will still be fine.
    He also had all friggin day to throw the ball. He barely got pressured all day. But yes he had a pretty good day...well until the last 3 drives where he simply laid an egg when the pressure was on. I wouldn't mind a another quick loss to at least see what Ewers can do.

Also, I have absolutely no idea why Dawand Jones is playing RT over Munford. He has two huge false starts.
    Dawand is a a beast in pass protection. Would have been interesting to see what he could do vs KT. That being said those penalties really hurt. I think if you put Matt Jones at G and Munford at RT and that combo may be better at run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Stroud threw for 472 yards against the #12 team in his second career start. He looks great IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oregon D is awful. They gave up almost 400 yards vs Fresno State the week before.

Turn Off Ads?