Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2021 NBA Draft

The long wait for Jared Butler is finally over. But he landed in New Orleans - a great fit.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Butler and Wieskamp go back to back at 40 and 41.

Hot take: Both players out-produce the first rounders the Pelicans (Zahaire Williams) and San Antonio (Josh Primo) drafted.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 07-30-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Thor as a backup for PJ Washington (and a G League guy) also makes sense.

Charlotte's killing it.
    Definitely.

Conversely, that's sort of an odd trade for Detroit, even factoring in the increase in minutes for Stewart. I have to wonder what Troy Weaver (The Mad Scientist) has up his sleeve.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-30-2021)

Portland trades into the draft to pick Greg Brown, a carbon copy of Derrick Jones, a guy they already have-- and benched-- on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The long wait for Jared Butler is finally over. But he landed in New Orleans - a great fit.
    I think he's getting traded to Utah. Also a great fit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Definitely.

Conversely, that's sort of an odd trade for Detroit, even factoring in the increase in minutes for Stewart. I have to wonder what Troy Weaver (The Mad Scientist) has up his sleeve.
    No Plumlees, no problems?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Might even argue it's better.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-30-2021)

Portland trades into the draft to pick Greg Brown, a carbon copy of Derrick Jones, a guy they already have-- and benched-- on the team.
    Brown's ceiling is higher than Jones Jr's. It's clearly a pick for the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    An absolute steal for the Jazz.

Garza got drafted...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I like Petrusev as a draft pick. Kid can score and apparently now has developed some consistent three-point range.

The Adriatic League is no joke, and Petrusev dominated it.

13. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Garza got drafted...
    As Plumlee Lite (Heavy?), Garza can play behind Stewart and provide some help.

I hope.

He's fun to watch, honestly.

15. Likes:

Bassey to Philly too, apparently. With Embiid, Bassey, and Petrusev, Dwight Howard's short tenure with the Sixers is probably over.

(I like the 76ers draft a lot.)

Bassey to Philly too, apparently. With Embiid, Bassey, and Petrusev, Dwight Howard's short tenure with the Sixers is probably over.

maybe Dwight can go back to the Lakers....just looked at their roster, after the Westbrook trade, they will have 4 guys under contract next season....and I assume Gasol is still considering retiring. Then they have Alfonso McKinnie on a non-guaranteed deal. Sure they will bring back Caruso and THT....and maybe do something with Schroder's rights....but they are going to need a lot of cheap labor.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I suspect it's over. He was basically unplayable in many playoff lineups.

The 76ers were desperate for frontcourt bench production. A wild card in said search, who rarely gained NBA minutes last year: Paul Reed, should he develop as expected.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 07-30-2021 at 12:47 AM.

Knicks pick Jericho Sims is a sneaky good choice. He has a real shot to stick with the team all season as a backup.

I suspect it's over. He was basically unplayable in many playoff lineups.

The 76ers were desperate for frontcourt bench production. A wild card in said search, who rarely gained NBA minutes last year: Paul Reed, should he develop as expected.
    I'm holding out hope that B-ball Paul can develop into a solid stretch-4. I agree that Dwight probably won't, and shouldn't, be back. The guy had some great games and moments backing up Embiid. But he also, too often, did incredibly dumb things at exactly the wrong time.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?