Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft

Re: 2021 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's been their entire drafting philosophy for a decade.

I think Courtney Lee was their last draftee who didn't have questions about his shot. That was 2008.
    In the 11 years since we drafted Lee we have only drafted 4 real guards - Oladipo, Liggins, Tyler Harvey, and Anthony.

Even if you did include every draft pick since Lee only 4 out of 23 picks have been guards and only 2 of 11 1sts have been guards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    In the 11 years since we drafted Lee we have only drafted 4 real guards - Oladipo, Liggins, Tyler Harvey, and Anthony.

Even if you did include every draft pick since Lee only 4 out of 23 picks have been guards and only 2 of 11 1sts have been guards.
    The forwards and centers had major questions about their offensive games as well. Even those-- like Sabonis-- who've worked out well have needed to develop into shooters over the course of their careers.

Maybe.

Neither is a good shooter at all.

They'll defend, of course. But Orlando needs guys who can fill it up. Last season, they ranked 30 in field goal percentage-- and that was with Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, and Nicola Vucevic. Okeke, Ross, Anthony, Fultz, Bamba, Hampton, Garry Harris-- none of them have shown a penchant for shooting well. Adding two more would be a difficult ask of an offense that labors even under the best of circumstances.

I'd package them to move up in order to draft Jalen Green (if possible). If that didn't work, I'd move down or just draft a shooter with at least one of the picks. There are lots to choose from-- Davion Mitchell, Chris Duarte, Moritz's little bro, Corey Kispert.
    I disagree....the Magic are near ground zero in their rebuild. They should be focused on the highest upside guys possible. This is not about winning games this year or next....this is about finding a future All Star or even Superstar. Both of these guys have All Star level ceilings....and even though Kuminga clearly has a "bust" floor, the risk is worth it at this point in the rebuild. In two years, maybe they need to become a little more conservative with their swings, but I think this is the exact time to have pure freedom with big swings.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I disagree....the Magic are near ground zero in their rebuild. They should be focused on the highest upside guys possible. This is not about winning games this year or next....this is about finding a future All Star or even Superstar. Both of these guys have All Star level ceilings....and even though Kuminga clearly has a "bust" floor, the risk is worth it at this point in the rebuild. In two years, maybe they need to become a little more conservative with their swings, but I think this is the exact time to have pure freedom with big swings.
    We disagree in our philosophies.

I'm targeting upside All-Star level guys who have higher floors with at least one of those picks. To be clear, I'm okay with one upside pick of Barnes or Kuminga, but not both. Targeting, say, Barnes and Moses Moody strikes me as the best choice for both this year and the rebuild in general.

Were I the Magic GM, I'd probably look to trade up or down with those two top 10 picks. I'd also look to see who wanted Terrence Ross. (I'd call the Lakers about a sign-and-trade with THT to gauge interest there, if possible.) There are a ton of other options, as they should be in the catbird seat when other teams want to trade up. (The Knicks might be a prime team, but I'd want a lightly protected 2022 first rounder and their 21st pick this year instead of the two picks in 2021. OKC would be another option.)

Updates:

Detroit announced they will select Cade Cunningham #1 overall tonight

New York interested in trading for Terrence Ross. Could potentially send one of their two 1sts (19/21) to Orlando.

Lakers look to package the #22 along with Kuzma, potentially for Buddy Hield but sounds like Harrell would also be in the deal

Sixers are looking across the league for a Simmons suitor. The price is steep (likened to the Harden package). If that's the case I wouldnt expect many suitors. Philadelphia needs to stop pretending that Simmons is a superstar.

We disagree in our philosophies.

I'm targeting upside All-Star level guys who have higher floors with at least one of those picks. To be clear, I'm okay with one upside pick of Barnes or Kuminga, but not both. Targeting, say, Barnes and Moses Moody strikes me as the best choice for both this year and the rebuild in general.

Were I the Magic GM, I'd probably look to trade up or down with those two top 10 picks. I'd also look to see who wanted Terrence Ross. (I'd call the Lakers about a sign-and-trade with THT to gauge interest there, if possible.) There are a ton of other options, as they should be in the catbird seat when other teams want to trade up. (The Knicks might be a prime team, but I'd want a lightly protected 2022 first rounder and their 21st pick this year instead of the two picks in 2021. OKC would be another option.)
    I think one of our differences is how we view Barnes....I think I view his floor higher than you do.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Lakers look to package the #22 along with Kuzma, potentially for Buddy Hield but sounds like Harrell would also be in the deal
    Cleveland 2.0....just always shuffling the deck chairs so Lebron has an excuse. I can't wait until he is no longer a Laker.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I think one of our differences is how we view Barnes....I think I view his floor higher than you do.
    How highly do you view his floor?

New York interested in trading for Terrence Ross. Could potentially send one of their two 1sts (19/21) to Orlando.
    Probably not a bad deal for both teams. The Knicks need a guy who can get tough buckets. Orlando needs more young talent.

That's a no-brainer for Sacramento. (And a sneaky good deal for LA. Especially after they get five or six veterans on minimum contracts to chase a ring with LeBron.) Both Harrell and Kuzma could be starters with Fox, Haliburton, and Barnes.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland 2.0....just always shuffling the deck chairs so Lebron has an excuse. I can't wait until he is no longer a Laker.
    Right, because all he did was lead your favorite team to a championship...

Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 07-29-2021 at 02:06 PM.

How highly do you view his floor?
    He will be a contributor in the league for over a decade even if he never becomes an above average shooter.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

He will be a contributor in the league for over a decade even if he never becomes an above average shooter.
    I agree that he will "contribute."

I view his floor contributions similar to those of MKG-- second division starter as long as his elite athleticism holds out, barely playable after that.

Right, because all he did was lead your favorite team to a championship...

16, 17....what does it really matter if you do not enjoy the players and direction of the team? I find him to be one of the most repulsive people to ever wear PnG. He is all about pointing fingers.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

16, 17....what does it really matter if you do not enjoy the players and direction of the team? I find him to be one of the most repulsive people to ever wear PnG. He is all about pointing fingers.
    Your politics flavor your fandom.

Methinks you never heard Jerry West or Kareem speak on civil rights.

(Or, at that time, you were able to separate them easier.)

15. Likes:

Betterread (07-29-2021)

One of the five best basketball players ever is leading your favorite team to a title, and you're not enjoying it?

Calling him "repulsive"? He's a basketball player, not Muammar Gaddafi.

Sounds you like you have a personal LeBron problem, buddy.

I know the Lakers have been tied to Deuce McBride from WVU but anyone know where he might end up?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?