Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft

Re: 2021 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    how many shots will Cam get in Brooklyn?
    If his history is any indication, as many as he can get.

Brooklyn's team reminds me of one of those make-it, take-it teams on the playground. Each guy gets the ball at the top of the key and tries to score on his man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I cannot wait to see Cam Thomas get the ball with the choice between a bad shot and passing to any one of an open KD, Harden or Kyrie. He's taking the bad shot every time.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Jackson backing up Turner and Sabonis makes sense, but so does Bitadze.

I'm thinking Turner's actually going to get dealt...?
    saw Myles welcoming Duarte on social....so he must not think he is exiting?
    Who knows?

In addition to protecting the rim, Jackson is capable of defending on the perimeter, which isn't exactly a strength of the current Pacers bigs. Jackson may actually fit well alongside Turner. And, as BZ pointed out, the Pacers are rarely healthy anyway.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I cannot wait to see Cam Thomas get the ball with the choice between a bad shot and passing to any one of an open KD, Harden or Kyrie. He's taking the bad shot every time.
    I'm here for Harden and Kyrie taking him under their wing to convince him to pass it to them, so they can take the same bad shot he was going to take.

6. Likes:

adkindo (07-29-2021),M2 (07-29-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

oh hell no....I would not take Springer over McBride
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Who knows?

In addition to protecting the rim, Jackson is capable of defending on the perimeter, which isn't exactly a strength of the current Pacers bigs. Jackson may actually fit well alongside Turner. And, as BZ pointed out, the Pacers are rarely healthy anyway.
    Really like their addition of Duarte and the fit of Jackson as a fourth big/ G League backup (for a year).

In true Doc fashion, Philly takes yet another combo guard who won't play unless literally every veteran is hobbled by injury, massive slump, or Covid.

Springer's addition is interesting in the now-they-can-trade-Simmons camp, I guess.

thinking Deuce may go to Utah
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Like the Sharpe pick for Brooklyn. They won't need him to be anything other than what he is-- and he could be pretty good if he develops.

Nice bit of draftmanship by Sean Marks and Steve Nash, getting a BPA in Thomas plus the big they needed a bit later (not to mention the rights to backup PG Jevon Carter). Thomas takes over Shamet's instant offense job, Sharpe could play relatively big minutes at center, and Carter gives them needed quality depth.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 07-29-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Like the Sharpe pick for Brooklyn. They won't need him to be anything other than what he is-- and he could be pretty good if he develops.

Nice bit of draftmanship by Sean Marks and Steve Nash, getting a BPA in Thomas plus the big they needed a bit later (not to mention the rights to backup PG Jevon Carter). Thomas takes over Shamet's instant offense job, Sharpe could play relatively big minutes at center, and Carter gives them needed quality depth.
    broke my heart that Jevon never got to a Final 4....but decent odds he will get to his 2nd straight NBA Finals

Personally, I may have taken Bassey over Sharpe
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Really like their addition of Duarte and the fit of Jackson as a fourth big/ G League backup (for a year).
    Pacers Nation, though they're kinda nervous about a potential Turner deal, seems pleased. The consensus, with Holiday gone: So long, McBuckets and welcome back, TJ McConnell.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Pacers Nation, though they're kinda nervous about a potential Turner deal, seems pleased. The consensus, with Holiday gone: So long, McBuckets and welcome back, TJ McConnell.
    Four wings-- LeVert, Lamb, Warren, and Duarte-- plus Brogdon and McConnell? Add Sabonis. And Turner. (Maybe.)

If Indiana could stay healthy, they might take a couple of leaps forward.

Come on Magic....take Deuce!
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Personally, I may have taken Bassey over Sharpe
    I see their thinking. Bassey just hasn't played enough good bigs to determine if he's too slow to guard them. (He's not, IMO.)

- - - Updated - - -

Did the Knicks really just draft a power forward?

I can definitely see Deuce going to OKC at 34 or 36....or the Pels at 35.....all would be nice spots for him to land. Would love to see him in NO with Ingram and Zion
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?