Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2021 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    How highly do you view his floor?
    Barnes' floor comp: A shooting-deprived Boris Diaw.

Barnes' ceiling comp (not saying he'll reach this ceiling): Ben Simmon's draft '16 ceiling.

Barnes' "happy medium" comp: A cross between the Warriors version of Billy Owens - before injuries began to curtail his career - and Draymond Green.

FWIW, there are whispers that Toronto will select Barnes. Anyone buying that?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I know the Lakers have been tied to Deuce McBride from WVU but anyone know where he might end up?
    Anywhere from #20 to Atlanta (if they don't trade up) to early second round.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I disagree....the Magic are near ground zero in their rebuild. They should be focused on the highest upside guys possible. This is not about winning games this year or next....this is about finding a future All Star or even Superstar. Both of these guys have All Star level ceilings....and even though Kuminga clearly has a "bust" floor, the risk is worth it at this point in the rebuild. In two years, maybe they need to become a little more conservative with their swings, but I think this is the exact time to have pure freedom with big swings.
    Seems like a "let's be terrible forever" plan. What they ought to be doing is offering Toronto or Cleveland whatever it takes to get Suggs and then letting him run what hopefully evolves into a basketball team rather than a collection of guys with great vertical leaps.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (07-29-2021)

Michael Carter-Williams strikes me as a realistic comp for Scottie Barnes. MCW is a useful bench dude - defends multiple positions, distributes, rebounds well. It's just that his scoring ability is severely lacking. Sounds kind of like Barnes. Obviously Barnes is young enough to evolve into something better, but that's his current hoops genus.

Russell Westbrook to the Lakers being discussed per Twitter reports, though not final

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Your politics flavor your fandom.

Methinks you never heard Jerry West or Kareem speak on civil rights.

(Or, at that time, you were able to separate them easier.)
    I don't think it has to be politics. I've always thought that Lebron seemed like a tremendous individual but I cannot stand the way he plays the game with the flopping and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Russell Westbrook to the Lakers being discussed per Twitter reports, though not final
    Yep, hearing its #22, Kuz, Trez, THT, and KCP

So supposedly Golden State turned down Philadelphias offer of....

Ben Simmons for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, #14, and two future firsts

I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when I read that. Even the article said Golden State took the offer as a joke.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Yep, hearing its #22, Kuz, Trez, THT, and KCP
    That's fascinating. That might work for both teams, though I would assume the Wiz are trading Beal too if they make that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's fascinating. That might work for both teams, though I would assume the Wiz are trading Beal too if they make that deal.
    Agreed. It had been talked about that Russ would have to go if Beal were traded but I feel like it's the same thing if Russ goes. Maybe we get a Beal to Golden State deal put together within the next 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    So supposedly Golden State turned down Philadelphias offer of....

Ben Simmons for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, #14, and two future firsts

I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when I read that. Even the article said Golden State took the offer as a joke.
    Yeah, that's too much.

That being said, I'd rather have Morey asking for that rather than accepting Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry, and Andrew Lange for Simmons.

The Sixers don't have to trade Simmons, so why in the world wouldn't a guy like Morey (if we can trust the rumor) start out asking for a ton?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

Sounds like Brodie is a Laker...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Cavs may have gotten a steal at #3 with Mobley.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

Raptors take Barnes....Magic should grab Suggs
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Raptors take Barnes....Magic should grab Suggs
    Sooooo happy about this

22. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (07-29-2021),M2 (07-29-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?