Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 7-5-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

Re: 7-5-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

Winker is slumping hard and needs a day off bad, but man Votto is locked and loaded right now. We're a different team when he's seeing the ball like this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds train is rolling

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Geno knocks in 4 of the 6 runs.
    But he needs to be sent to AAA. I read that very thing in this thread.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Bullpen does it again.
    I keep hearing Vlad or Hoffman to the pen and that is fine. Also Santillan in AAA is prepping for the pen. I agree the pen could use a long man.
    Question is who do any of the 3 mentioned replace?
    Looking like by months end we get Lorenzen, Antone and Sims back.
    I then count the following as locks.
    Antone
    Sims
    Lorenzen
    Garrett
    Hembree
    Brach
    Warren

Adding those three would mean Perez, Osich and Hendrix to AAA.
    Would then have to mean a Doolittle DFA. To make room for Sims or Antone whichever gets back first.
    Only problem is Garrett would be the only lefty .
    They really need to trade for a late inning lefty.
    Odds are if Antone, Sims and Lorenzen get healthy someone else with be injured.
    But pen has been great of late.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I keep hearing Vlad or Hoffman to the pen and that is fine. Also Santillan in AAA is prepping for the pen. I agree the pen could use a long man.
    Question is who do any of the 3 mentioned replace?
    Looking like by months end we get Lorenzen, Antone and Sims back.
    I then count the following as locks.
    Antone
    Sims
    Lorenzen
    Garrett
    Hembree
    Brach
    Warren

Adding those three would mean Perez, Osich and Hendrix to AAA.
    Would then have to mean a Doolittle DFA. To make room for Sims or Antone whichever gets back first.
    Only problem is Garrett would be the only lefty .
    They really need to trade for a late inning lefty.
    Odds are if Antone, Sims and Lorenzen get healthy someone else with be injured.
    But pen has been great of late.
    I'd be fine with DFAing Doolittle but chances are there'll be more injuries and this will work itself out

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    But he needs to be sent to AAA. I read that very thing in this thread.
    We get it you have every reds players back. Even if he hasn't hit .200 BA since 2019

Quote Originally Posted by AG Slater View Post
    We get it you have every reds players back. Even if he hasn't hit .200 BA since 2019
    And we get it, you have to hate on everyone. It seems to even out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    And we get it, you have to hate on everyone. It seems to even out.
    Anyone still banging the Suarez drum is either a homer or knows not a lick about baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Anyone still banging the Suarez drum is either a homer or knows not a lick about baseball.
    Dude has sucked this year. Question is if he's going to continue to suck or not. I think it's his shoulder, which he had surgery on before the start of last year, and sometimes that takes awhile to straighten out.

The Reds have scored the 3rd most runs per game in the NL this season, so if he was going to suck, this year is a good year to do it, since the rest of the team is picking him up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not trying to be a buzzkill but damn…who can the Reds catch out of Milwaukee, LA, SF and SD?
    Milwaukee. Their schedule was silly easy during their hot streak - they are going to cool back down a bit now. Run them down.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-06-2021),Tom Servo (07-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Dude has sucked this year. Question is if he's going to continue to suck or not. I think it's his shoulder, which he had surgery on before the start of last year, and sometimes that takes awhile to straighten out.

The Reds have scored the 3rd most runs per game in the NL this season, so if he was going to suck, this year is a good year to do it, since the rest of the team is picking him up.
    I was wondering about his shoulder as well. That would explain how someone could have such a drastic dropoff. Right now I play him because there are no better options, but it isn't a stretch to say he isn't worth a starting spot injured or not, it has been over a year. The real question will be if they add a SS or stick with Suarez when Moose gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not trying to be a buzzkill but damn…who can the Reds catch out of Milwaukee, LA, SF and SD?
    If they play similar to how they are…..all of them

16. Likes:

goreds2 (07-06-2021),Sea Ray (07-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    I was wondering about his shoulder as well. That would explain how someone could have such a drastic dropoff. Right now I play him because there are no better options, but it isn't a stretch to say he isn't worth a starting spot injured or not, it has been over a year. The real question will be if they add a SS or stick with Suarez when Moose gets back.
    No guarantee that when (if?) Moustakas gets back that he will be worth anything, either. His injury sounds a lot like plantar fasciitis, which pretty much wrecked the careers of Albert Pujols and Joe DiMaggio.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    No guarantee that when (if?) Moustakas gets back that he will be worth anything, either. His injury sounds a lot like plantar fasciitis, which pretty much wrecked the careers of Albert Pujols and Joe DiMaggio.
    Yeah, I hope not Moose is a solid unspectacular piece who can really help this team if healthy which was your point. It does worry me he was added to the 60day il after being day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You notice how Geno finished that swing.

Looking straight out to the middle of the diamond.

Not the wild, pull swing of earlier in the season.
    yep , head on the ball
    May the Lord bless

Turn Off Ads?