Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-6-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

Re: 7-6-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

I don't think Naquin makes that catch. Shogo does at least provide range in the OF.

2. Likes:

Larkin Fan (07-06-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Where is that ball gonna end up?

Aki points to his glove and says “Aqui.”

They’re making Bubic look like John Tudor (the old heads here know)
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

BRM13 (07-06-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

What was Tyler all fired up about? That was obviously a strike.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    They’re making Bubic look like John Tudor (the old heads here know)
    They're making him look like Mike Minor!
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 07-06-2021 at 08:41 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I think it has more to do with players being more comfortable in their surroundings -- being in their normal routines in their everyday lives, sleeping in their own beds, that kind of thing.
    Well yeah, that too of course. But it seems like the batters eye varies from park to park.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Luis leaving a few too many in the middle but the outfielders are helping him out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I am gonna paste the paragraphs on Tudor’s bonkers 1985 season. Check this out:

“Tudor's career highlight was a spectacular 1985 season for the St. Louis Cardinals. Oddly enough, Tudor started that year with a 1-7 record and a 3.74 earned run average through May. He then went on a 20-1 run with a 1.37 ERA the rest of the season and lowering his overall ERA to 1.93. According to Tudor, the change in performance came from a phone call from his former high school catcher, who, after watching Tudor on TV, had noticed a hitch in his delivery that he had not seen Tudor have before. Tudor concluded the season by winning his last eleven decisions. Only the best season of Dwight Gooden's career stopped Tudor from winning the National League Cy Young Award and leading the league in ERA, wins and complete games. He was sixth in strikeouts for the year.

Moreover, Tudor's ten complete game shutouts in 1985 made him the only pitcher since Jim Palmer in 1975 to reach double-digits in that category. (Bob Gibson holds the Cardinal record with 13 in 1968). To make the achievement more impressive, his ten shutouts were all in the last four months of 1985. To date, Tudor is the last Major League player to record ten or more shutouts in a season. The most since then is eight, by Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Orel Hershiser and Boston pitcher Roger Clemens in 1988 and Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Tim Belcher in 1989.

The Cardinals were in the heat of a division race against Gooden and the New York Mets in September 1985. Tudor improved even more by starting the month with two consecutive shutouts and then pitched against Gooden himself in a matchup on September 11. Gooden and Tudor locked horns pitch-for-pitch and the score was 0-0 after nine innings. Jesse Orosco took over for Gooden in the tenth inning and gave up a home run to César Cedeño. Tudor came back out in the bottom of the inning and finished the three-hit, ten-inning masterpiece for his third consecutive shutout of the month. After two sub-par performances, he pitched his fourth shutout of the month and then pitched another ten innings of shutout ball against the Mets' Ron Darling but the Mets turned the table and beat the Cardinals' bullpen in the eleventh inning.“

He did NOT have a big arm - but was almost literally unhittable as a 6’0 left hander during that run. It was the damndest thing.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-06-2021),Tom Servo (07-06-2021)

Rough inning for Jonathan Nepal

India’s got his own little blooper reel this inning

Yesiree!

6-4-3 DP to end the inning

6-4-yessiree-3!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

18. Likes:

Larkin Fan (07-06-2021)

niiiiiiiiicccceeee

Nice bounceback from Castillo after the botched DP.....inning could have gotten ugly
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?