Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-6-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

Re: 7-6-21 Reds @ Royals 8:10pm

Leadoff hit for Farmer

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    They’re making Bubic look like John Tudor (the old heads here know)
    Not to be confused with Henry Tudor.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

membengal (07-06-2021)

The Cubs, riding their 10 game losing streak, are already down 7-0 in the 2nd inning at home against the Phillies
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Big Klu (07-06-2021),NebraskaRed (07-06-2021),Reds Fanatic (07-06-2021)

Cubs players begging to be traded
    What would you say.....ya do here?

So much better not having the pitcher look like an embarrassment trying to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Not to be confused with Henry Tudor.

That’s for the OLD heads.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

10. Likes:

Big Klu (07-06-2021),Bourgeois Zee (07-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Cubs, riding their 10 game losing streak, are already down 7-0 in the 2nd inning at home against the Phillies
    Looks like the big number of bandwaggoners that were on board the last 4-5 years will be back in hiding soon

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I am gonna paste the paragraphs on Tudor’s bonkers 1985 season. Check this out:

“Tudor's career highlight was a spectacular 1985 season for the St. Louis Cardinals. Oddly enough, Tudor started that year with a 1-7 record and a 3.74 earned run average through May. He then went on a 20-1 run with a 1.37 ERA the rest of the season and lowering his overall ERA to 1.93. According to Tudor, the change in performance came from a phone call from his former high school catcher, who, after watching Tudor on TV, had noticed a hitch in his delivery that he had not seen Tudor have before. Tudor concluded the season by winning his last eleven decisions. Only the best season of Dwight Gooden's career stopped Tudor from winning the National League Cy Young Award and leading the league in ERA, wins and complete games. He was sixth in strikeouts for the year.

Moreover, Tudor's ten complete game shutouts in 1985 made him the only pitcher since Jim Palmer in 1975 to reach double-digits in that category. (Bob Gibson holds the Cardinal record with 13 in 1968). To make the achievement more impressive, his ten shutouts were all in the last four months of 1985. To date, Tudor is the last Major League player to record ten or more shutouts in a season. The most since then is eight, by Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Orel Hershiser and Boston pitcher Roger Clemens in 1988 and Los Angeles Dodger pitcher Tim Belcher in 1989.

The Cardinals were in the heat of a division race against Gooden and the New York Mets in September 1985. Tudor improved even more by starting the month with two consecutive shutouts and then pitched against Gooden himself in a matchup on September 11. Gooden and Tudor locked horns pitch-for-pitch and the score was 0-0 after nine innings. Jesse Orosco took over for Gooden in the tenth inning and gave up a home run to César Cedeño. Tudor came back out in the bottom of the inning and finished the three-hit, ten-inning masterpiece for his third consecutive shutout of the month. After two sub-par performances, he pitched his fourth shutout of the month and then pitched another ten innings of shutout ball against the Mets' Ron Darling but the Mets turned the table and beat the Cardinals' bullpen in the eleventh inning.“

He did NOT have a big arm - but was almost literally unhittable as a 6’0 left hander during that run. It was the damndest thing.
    I remember that well. Also Cedeno hit like crazy after joining the Cardinals down the stretch.

13. Likes:

membengal (07-06-2021)

Nice!

15. Likes:

adkindo (07-06-2021)

India with a double off Taylor’s glove. 1-0 Reds

1-0 good guys

lol Royals
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Wait, I thought the one thing that Michael A Taylor did well was catch the ball?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

19. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-06-2021)

How does Taylor miss that ball? Works out well for the Reds.

Who says no?

Reds get:

Javy Baez

Cubs get:

Lyon Richardson
    TJ Friedl
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Good base running from Shogi.

Willie McGee would have had that though…
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?