Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Suarez needs to go!!

Re: Suarez needs to go!!

At this point I think he should only receive ABs vs LHP.

2. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (07-24-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I would IL him for the rest of the year. Give Lopez, Moose, Senzel starts at 3B. Let Geno heal, rest, relax the mind. Him playing every day isn’t helping anyone.
    I thought I had read before that you can't IL a player without their approval. So if he really isn't hurt, I doubt he'd do that.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

5. Likes:

GAC (07-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    If eeeeyoooheeeniooo wasnt so damn happy all the time, i might have more sympathy for him. Can you imagine pete rose hitting .170 in july and grinning ear to ear every minute. Sometimes attitude makes a difference. He seems to be just having a ball.
    If you know you're going to start even if you strike out 3 times every game, you'd smile too.

Suarez needs to go!!

If Suarez can play every game the rest of the season (seems likely) he can get to 200 strikeouts and give the great Drew Stubbs a run for the franchise record of 205.

Lol his OPS+ this year is 56

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Yep I was wrong. I’m still mystified why it took this organization two (three if you include st) months to “figure out” why he was the worst pitcher in MLB (after being a top 20 arm in 2019-2020). How does that even happen?

At least you can point to a shoulder injury in Suarez’s case. It might have ended his career. Don’t know. But if it’s not his shoulder some organization will fix him. It won’t be Cincinnati.
    It always is.

I’m all for giving 3b to Senzel and SS to Barrero and letting the chips fall where they may at this point.

11. Likes:

BoxingRed (07-25-2021),malcontent (07-22-2021),wally post (07-22-2021),wlf WV (07-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I’m all for giving 3b to Senzel and SS to Barrero and letting the chips fall where they may at this point.
    The problem is that Senzel will miss half the season

13. Likes:

RedsFanInMS (07-25-2021)

Suarez needs to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    The problem is that Senzel will miss half the season
    Half?!?!?

Either your generosity or optimism is to be commended.

But I do agree with the Barrero Senzel tandem. Anything must be tried sans Suarez.
    Last edited by SomeCallMeTim; 07-22-2021 at 09:35 PM.

15. Likes:

RedsFanInMS (07-25-2021),wlf WV (07-23-2021)

Suarez needs to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    That's never been my experience.
    I guess my point on the golf or any sport is: if you stink at it, either get better or find another hobby.

Suarez is at the point that he’s TinCupping and no one is stopping it.

Suarez is one of my favorite players on the Reds, but why is he still starting and batting 5/6 every single game?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Suarez is one of my favorite players on the Reds, but why is he still starting and batting 5/6 every single game?

19. Likes:

GAC (07-25-2021),Revering4Blue (07-25-2021)

I've been reading that Moose is close. Though we've heard that before too. If healthy, he's our starting 3Bman - or should be. SS? Which player on this team, so far when playing the position, has performed best offensively/defensively?

eeny, meeny, miny, moe

I like what I am seeing from Barrero, but he's played 62 games/200+ ABs between Chatt and Louisville. I'd call him up and give him a shot. The defense is definitely there. But then people will start talking about service time, starting the clock ticking, and other related issues which I know little about (lol).

But if Barrero keeps progressing (playing) like he does, then there should be no argument as to who should be our starting SS in '22. We seem to have our 2Bman in India. So the next question is ... where does that leave Suarez, who they're on the hook for 11M/yr for the next three years (plus option for '25)? Moose, if healthy, is my 3Bman. That's an awful expensive platoon at 3B.

It's not a fun situation to be in right now because Suarez' poor performance this season doesn't make him very tradeable material. His stock is pretty low.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I've been reading that Moose is close. Though we've heard that before too. If healthy, he's our starting 3Bman - or should be. SS?.
    Moose gave an update which is a clip over at mlb.com. He is doing lots of things (fielding, hitting) but not running bases. No plans yet for a trip to Louisville.

The link goes to the selection for all the videos from yesterday's game. I think it is last

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/cardinal...os,game=633175
    Last edited by klw; 07-25-2021 at 09:04 AM.

23. Likes:

GAC (07-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    At this point I think he should only receive ABs vs LHP.
    I'm not messing with you because this is as reasonable a suggestion as any for dealing with a terrible set of circumstances...but he's batting .115 (no typo) against LHP this season. He had reverse platoon splits last year too. So unfortunately I'm not sure even this is the right path.

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-25-2021)

Turn Off Ads?