Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 199

Thread: Suarez needs to go!!

  1. #61
    Corky is The Way Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    This extends to all things...
    Posts
    2,129

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Based on Cincinnati History, the Reds have two choices:

    1. Let him continue to struggle indefinitely, bringing the entire team down as he does.
    2. Eat a big portion of his salary, and trade him for peanuts, only to watch him instantly turn the corner and start producing for whatever team he is traded to.

    Seriously. This is Cincinnati. Those are the two options.
    ďYou are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to remember that the planet is carrying you.Ē
    ― Vandana Shiva

  2. Likes:

    gagliano (07-20-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #62
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Based on Cincinnati History, the Reds have two choices:

    1. Let him continue to struggle indefinitely, bringing the entire team down as he does.
    2. Eat a big portion of his salary, and trade him for peanuts, only to watch him instantly turn the corner and start producing for whatever team he is traded to.

    Seriously. This is Cincinnati. Those are the two options.
    Option 2 is way better
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  5. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (07-19-2021)

  6. #63
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    How much salary would the Reds have to eat to get rid of Suarez? His fall off of the cliff just dosentdosent make sense. Does he have an injury or is his head just messed up? He could make some team a good project if they were willing to take a gamble. The Reds have too many gambles right now.
    I think if you kicked in a prospect like Lyon Richardson or Rece Hinds a rich team would take maybe half and roll the dice on him recovering.

    I think he’s toast. He’s Venezuelan Chris Davis.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-19-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  7. #64
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    51,252

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Based on Cincinnati History, the Reds have two choices:

    1. Let him continue to struggle indefinitely, bringing the entire team down as he does.
    2. Eat a big portion of his salary, and trade him for peanuts, only to watch him instantly turn the corner and start producing for whatever team he is traded to.

    Seriously. This is Cincinnati. Those are the two options.
    This must be what it's like to go to a surf and turf and realize your choice is Fried Baloney or Deep Fried Carp.

  8. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (07-19-2021),Old school 1983 (07-19-2021)

  9. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    30,806

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Based on Cincinnati History, the Reds have two choices:

    1. Let him continue to struggle indefinitely, bringing the entire team down as he does.
    2. Eat a big portion of his salary, and trade him for peanuts, only to watch him instantly turn the corner and start producing for whatever team he is traded to.

    Seriously. This is Cincinnati. Those are the two options.
    What would another team do? I think those would be the options for any team, no?

  10. #66
    Member reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,448

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    What would another team do? I think those would be the options for any team, no?
    Just about every team in the league would let Suarez work through his struggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (07-19-2021),RiverfrontRed (07-19-2021),Tom Servo (07-19-2021)

  12. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    108

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    I said this in another thread (others have also brought it up); I wonder if his swimming pool accident didn’t do more permanent damage to his shoulder than anyone knows. Are we looking at Austin Kerns part II?

  13. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (07-19-2021)

  14. #68
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    Just about every team in the league would let Suarez work through his struggles.
    I don’t know if it’s an apples and oranges comp, though. Suarez is at a batting average level you rarely see for an everyday player. Chris Davis is the only one that comes to mind to me.

    I don’t know the whole Davis saga. The Orioles did hold on to him, but that was a contract worth well over $100 million IIRC.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  15. #69
    Member reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,448

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder River View Post
    I said this in another thread (others have also brought it up); I wonder if his swimming pool accident didn’t do more permanent damage to his shoulder than anyone knows. Are we looking at Austin Kerns part II?
    Maybe, but it’s not like it zapped his power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

  16. #70
    Member reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,448

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t know if it’s an apples and oranges comp, though. Suarez is at a batting average level you rarely see for an everyday player. Chris Davis is the only one that comes to mind to me.

    I don’t know the whole Davis saga. The Orioles did hold on to him, but that was a contract worth well over $100 million IIRC.
    Adam Dunn hit .201 in 4 years with the White Sox.

    I imagine if the reds are in the race and Senzel or Moose comes back healthy, they’ll come a point this year where Suarez starts losing ABs.

    I’ve said this before, but Suarez could be legitimately washed and he’s not a .175 hitter. At some point he’ll somewhat normalize, but he’s running out of time for that to be this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

  17. #71
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    It’s honestly incredible he’s batting .173 after 372 plate appearances. How does that happen?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  18. Likes:

    Powder River (07-19-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021)

  19. #72
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,605

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    Adam Dunn hit .201 in 4 years with the White Sox.

    I imagine if the reds are in the race and Senzel or Moose comes back healthy, they’ll come a point this year where Suarez starts losing ABs.

    I’ve said this before, but Suarez could be legitimately washed and he’s not a .175 hitter. At some point he’ll somewhat normalize, but he’s running out of time for that to be this year.
    Dunn is a decent comp. however, other than that first season Chicago he tended to keep his OBP at a decent level (.330ish)

    Suarez is looking at a .258 OBP right now. Let’s say he gets regular playing time next year with the reds and is batting .180 with a .260 OBP on July 19th. How can you justify continuing to play him at that point?

    I know there are some comparisons with what happened to Castillo this year. But this “feels” different. When I watch Suarez I see a guy that looks completely done.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  20. #73
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    51,252

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s honestly incredible he’s batting .173 after 372 plate appearances. How does that happen?
    Broken game, Jackie Bradley Jr, Solar, Happ too. Lots of low averages, there are 76 players with 250 or more PAs and a BA of .240 or less. He's the Reds causality in that camp.

  21. Likes:

    M2 (07-19-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021)

  22. #74
    Member SomeCallMeTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    601

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    Just about every team in the league would let Suarez work through his struggles.
    But for how long?


    At least Castillo actually did improve. This is getting into ďhead in the sandĒ absurdity.

  23. #75
    Member SomeCallMeTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    601

    Re: Suarez needs to go!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Itís honestly incredible heís batting .173 after 372 plate appearances. How does that happen?
    Failing 82.7% of the time. Thatís how.

  24. Likes:

    dubc47834 (07-20-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator