Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-7-21 Reds @ Royals 2:10pm

Re: 7-7-21 Reds @ Royals 2:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I sure wish Bell would sit Suarez if for no other reason than to send a message. A. Lopez can use the work
    .233/.346/.442 .788 OPS the last two weeks. Now doesn't seem the time to do that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I predicted Casty sitting today. Too bad he couldn't have given Winker a 2nd day. Win today and win the series. Brewers using Burnes today so the Reds miss him again. Day night double header so the Reds will beat the Brewers to Milwaukee by several hours.

As for Freeman starting. Go look at the other 29 teams. Every manager has a Freeman type on the bench. And every manager gives the said player a start. Blame the injuries to the middle infielders or blame the front office for not upgrading. Blaming Bell is silly. Probably will come out that Farmer is a little banged up and needed a 2nd day off this series. Only other option would have been moving Geno to SS and Lopez at 3rd.
    Of course people would have then complained about Suarez at SS. The players would revolt if they had to play for some of the message board managers.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-07-2021),westofyou (07-07-2021)

Farmer has been playing well freeman is not

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I predicted Casty sitting today. Too bad he couldn't have given Winker a 2nd day. Win today and win the series. Brewers using Burnes today so the Reds miss him again. Day night double header so the Reds will beat the Brewers to Milwaukee by several hours.
    I tip my cap to you. I didn't think that Castellanos would sit. You were right, and I was wrong.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

8. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    .233/.346/.442 .788 OPS the last two weeks. Now doesn't seem the time to do that.
    Just for a day...day game after a night game no less. My wish is to be proven wrong as Suarez leads us to a win today

Quote Originally Posted by AG Slater View Post
    Farmer has been playing well freeman is not
    Farmer has two three hit games in his past six starts, he also has four games without getting on base at all.

Now if his glove is what should keep in then maybe playing well is correct, otherwise he's been playing replacement level

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I tip my cap to you. I didn't think that Castellanos would sit. You were right, and I was wrong.
    Kinda gave both Wink and Cast 2 days each off the way he did it. DH the night before the off day. Hopefully both get going in Milwaukee. At worst need a split. Losing 3 of 4 would be a killer.

12. Likes:

Big Klu (07-07-2021),Ron Madden (07-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think Bell probably wanted to get some guys rest in this series.

So everyone is ready to go in Milwaukee.

Farmer just sat out a game, Monday, so hopefully he’s healthy. Out again today.

A little surprised India’s in the lineup, didn’t seem too healthy yesterday.
    Mark Sheldon @m_sheldon

David Bell said Farmer is dealing with "body soreness" and "the more rest he can get, the better. ... just trying to take care of him." That's a reason he's not in the lineup today.

14. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-07-2021)

"Yeah Sure"

~ Gary Bell

7-7-21 Reds @ Royals 2:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Damn Randy, you sure don't like Bell.

But hanging your hat on a hot hitting Farmer seems like a bad take, .579 OPS vs RH's says more to me than a hot week.
    ...no, I don’t, and I really liked his Dad. I think he’s really awful as a manager...Really...awful. I hate the fact that he sits guys after good nights and good stretches. I never wanted to sit after a 3 for 4, and I sure as heck know the high school guys that I coached didn’t want to sit after that kind of game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RollyInRaleigh; 07-07-2021 at 02:07 PM.

I figured something was up with Farmer. People never learn. They see a Guy like Freeman in the lineup and immediately start there tired Bell bashing.

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-07-2021)

Very off topic, Papa Johns commercial, do you really think Shaq thinks he is disguised going undercover? Is there anyone on earth who wouldn't recognize him

20. Likes:

Big Klu (07-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RollyInRaleigh View Post
    ...no, I don’t, and I really liked his Dad. I think he’s really awful as a manager...Really...awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just curious why do you not like him? Team is three games over .500. Predicted by most to be under .500 when year started. Add Moose and Senzel pretty much out all year. Votto a IL stint. Lorenzen out all season. His replacement Hoffman out for a long stretch. Bench players on the IL. Making them dig deeper into AAA for replacements.
    Top two relievers on IL in a already below average pen.
    Yet by most preseason predictions sit about 8-10 more wins than predicted to this point. I would say the players like him and play hard for him.

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I figured something was up with Farmer. People never learn. They see a Guy like Freeman in the lineup and immediately start there tired Bell bashing.
    It's why I avoid freaking out over minutia. Yeah, I get that the team's credibility in some areas is limited, but when one specific person isn't starting there is usually a reason. We don't know how they feel, if they are sore, got a bruise, a cold, issue at home...whatever. They are operating with this kind of everyday information.

Oh and...anguish over Farmer not in the lineup...really?!

24. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-07-2021),Ron Madden (07-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?