Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-11-21 Reds @ Brewers 2:10pm

Re: 7-11-21 Reds @ Brewers 2:10pm

I am in a H2H fantasy league. I have Castillo he has Woodruff we are tied for the week. I am in first he is in 2nd place on the season. But I am only 1 game ahead of him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    So, apparently Sadak's favorite word now is "dime".. I guess that means a good defensive play?
    Dude, please stop trying to be cool and forcing in words that you don't normally use.
    Maybe use it once a game, I've already heard it 2-3 times and it's the first inning.
    I think the consensus on RZ are that most are alright with Sadak, but I’m not a fan. I don’t think he sounds natural in the booth, at all. The OVER THE TOP Gus Johnsonesque enthusiasm, his consistent complete inability to judge flyballs, the lingo he keeps overusing, it’s all so forced.
    He sounds like he’s never done any kind of sports broadcast before this season to my ears.

4. Likes:

BRM13 (07-11-2021),REDREAD (07-11-2021)

Whenever they talk about Farmer needing to rest because of "general soreness" I think of this

Is the MLB ever gonna have digital way to call balls/strikes?Figured they could have
    the technology by now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I am in a H2H fantasy league. I have Castillo he has Woodruff we are tied for the week. I am in first he is in 2nd place on the season. But I am only 1 game ahead of him.
    I'll be rooting for you

Would have been nice to cash that rally in, but at least line-up turned over and elevated Woodruff's pitch count a bit.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think the consensus on RZ are that most are alright with Sadak, but I’m not a fan. I don’t think he sounds natural in the booth, at all. The OVER THE TOP Gus Johnsonesque enthusiasm, his consistent complete inability to judge flyballs, the lingo he keeps overusing, it’s all so forced.
    He sounds like he’s never done any kind of sports broadcast before this season to my ears.
    And that's just probably a personality thing.

Because I could listen to Gus Johnson call every UK basketball game for the rest of my life, if it were an option.

34 pitches through two innings for Woodruff.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post

Because I could listen to Gus Johnson call every UK basketball game for the rest of my life, if it were an option.
    I used to like Gus Johnson doing the NCAAT games. He always seemed to call the close games.

11. Likes:

podgejeff_ (07-11-2021)

The most hits in any start that Woodruff has given up this year is 6. Reds have 5 through two innings so far. Keep it up, Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post

I think Gus Johnson is mostly fine, but that’s also because when he turns it up a notch, it sounds natural to me lol

14. Likes:

BRM13 (07-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I used to like Gus Johnson doing the NCAAT games. He always seemed to call the close games.
    Rise and fire!

16. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Whenever they talk about Farmer needing to rest because of "general soreness" I think of this

I worry there is more than general soreness with Farmer. He has looked tired for about 2 months.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

I think Senzel should be tested for boneitis tbh

19. Likes:

podgejeff_ (07-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I think Gus Johnson is mostly fine, but that’s also because when he turns it up a notch, it sounds natural to me lol
    I would agree, he's better at this than Sadak. And basketball lends itself to more excitement, baseball has so much dead air to fill.

But Sadak's not as experienced, I think he'll get it.

I can say this, after the last few games I've missed Sadak/Welsh. I don't think I ever missed Thom under any circumstance.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (07-11-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-11-2021)

The Brewers employ a large number of humans who look like they walked into the game from a beer-league softball game.

23. Likes:

jpurdy (07-11-2021),podgejeff_ (07-11-2021),Tom Servo (07-11-2021)

Turn Off Ads?