Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2021 Draft Day 3 Thread

Re: 2021 Draft Day 3 Thread

I am beginning to really love the Abbott pick.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (07-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I am beginning to really love the Abbott pick.
    I really don’t understand why he didn’t go higher. He’s a major league player.

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    I think there are a number of players drafted in later rounds that in "normal" circumstances would have gone higher.

The fact that the 2020 season was lost for high schools and colleges, a five round draft in 2020, a delayed start to the 2021 seasons for high schools and colleges, and a 20 round draft in 2021 ... there was bound to be changes across the board. And when you throw in the fact that MLB has contracted entire rookie leagues, minor league baseball is an entirely different animal than it was in 2019, the last "normal" year we had.

It might take a couple more years before the effects of the pandemic are 100% sorted out. And if MLB is paying attention, they need to realize that part of re-energizing the baseball industry needs to include a viable minor league system. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

6. Likes:

redsmetz (07-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    I’m thinking same. Can’t figure out why he wasn’t at least a sandwich round guy. Seems like he’s got some Scott Kazmir to his game and with a very high floor.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-15-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?