Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Senzel taking ground balls at SS

Re: Senzel taking ground balls at SS

Quote Originally Posted by HalKing View Post
    But has it reached "Danny Graves as a starter" failure level yet?
    Maybe if the fans boo enough Suarez will flip off the crowd and force the team to dump him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    David Bell says Nick Senzel could go on a rehab assignment as early as next week.

David Bell on Nick Senzel: "If he can play some short when he comes back, if he can play some center field, it’s just going to create even more opportunity for him to play.”
    “Just trying to keep as many options open as possible."

Translation: it doesn’t matter where we put him…

5. Likes:

M2 (07-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    You’re probably right about the front office thinking, but aren’t they in a pennant race? “Win a few more games this year” is what they should be doing.
    I agree 10000% with you man.. The ownership/front office should have been scrambling in June to add the few minor pieces this team needed. It's sad,when the Reds have a pretty good team,they draw well, so ownership smiles at increased attendance and doesn't think "you know, we could actually go to the playoffs with a few tweaks"..
    I hope they make me look like a fool for saying this by Aug 1, but I doubt it.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I’d be surprised if Suarez goes back to starting shortstop. It would be an absurd move at this point.

I’ve said my peace on Barrero, Reds may want to give him some more AAA time, but I don’t think Suarez has much to do with it either way.

Also guessing that some things may clarify by the trade deadline. Some teams don’t move players around too much until they see whether they can do business before the deadline. We’re getting close to that point.

Would it be absurd to play Suarez at SS when Moose comes back? Yes, I agree.
    Would that stop the Reds from doing it? Nope.
    They opened the season with Suarez at SS.. If Moose had not gotten hurt, he'd still be there.
    They aren't going to think "Wow, if Farmer at SS shored up the defense and made such a huge difference, imagine what Barrio could do".
    They should be thinking like that, but they don't.
    The fact that they have not done squat about the bullpen, clearly one of the worst in Reds recent history, tells us all we need to know about how ownership and the front office views this year.
    Ownership/front office knows they just have to hang that huge poster of Castanallos flexing and the fans will come.. It's no different than the thinking of "No need to get pitching, people will pay to come see JR".

IF they haven't benched Suarez yet, I don't think they will this year. I'm guessing their priority is hoping Suarez turns around so he's either productive again or can be traded off.
    They could care less about it costing the team games in the standings.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Suerez is done at SS, it's a failure, a Dmitri Young at 3rd base failure, a Yolander Alonso in LF failure, a Randy Meyers as a starter failure.

Move on.

Watch the Reds trade Castillo and force the other team to take Suerez next.
    Yes, it;s a failure, but Dimitri and Yonder had less than a dozen starts out of position (I can't remember the exact number)
    Suarez? He's gotten a lot of starts. We got hype about how he could be an impact defender there, blah blah.
    The only reason he was moved off SS was because Moose got hurt.
    I agree, the experiment was a failure, but I expect the Reds to try it again.

Turn Off Ads?