Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senzel taking ground balls at SS

Re: Senzel taking ground balls at SS

Didn't they try this SS shenanigans when he first came up? I guess this is different because that was as a starter and this is super sub stuff.
    Go Gators!

2. Likes:

REDREAD (07-19-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I’m all behind Senzel playing every position on the field, I’m also pro Senzel learning how the laundry room in the clubhouse works, how to clean the whirlpool and he should hold the other player’s valuables when not playing.
    What do you mean by valuables?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Chip R (07-19-2021),Red Raindog (07-18-2021)

Can Senzel or Barrero pitch in the 7th inning? If not, does it really matter for 2021?

7. Likes:

JCM11 (07-18-2021),Sea Ray (07-19-2021),wlf WV (07-19-2021)

Barrero is past the point where if he were to be called up today his accrued service time in 2021 if not reoptioned this year + the service time he picked up in 2020 (92 days) would still have him below 1 year of service time at the end of the season.

There are only 78 more days of the regular season remaining.

I'd be calling him up now, they have to win these next two weeks to have any shot. His offense, even if putrid would be on par with the production they are already getting out of the position (Farmer has a 65 OPS+), the plus defense would warrant it. Fingers crossed he actually produces offensively, hope that the futures game gave him a confidence boost - reward him now.

9. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2021),CarolinaRedleg (07-19-2021),GAC (07-18-2021),KeefeCato (07-18-2021),M2 (07-18-2021),mth123 (07-18-2021),Old school 1983 (07-18-2021),REDREAD (07-19-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021)

as well as this team playing offendedly and defensibly id say him and moose should be trade bait for what they really need ... bull pen help..;..

Quote Originally Posted by toesave View Post
    as well as this team playing offendedly and defensibly id say him and moose should be trade bait for what they really need ... bull pen help..;..
    Moose has negative trade value at the moment.

I'm trying to think like the Reds front office (which doesn't make sense).
    The plan for when Moose comes back is to put Suarez at SS.
    So the front office doesn't want to bring up Barrio now, even if would help the Reds win a few more games this year.
    IF they bring Barrio up and he plays well, he's a fan favorite now and they can't bench him when Moose comes back.
    Reds don't want to be in a position where they have to bench Moose or Suarez. They really can't bench India.
    I don't agree with it, but I bet that's how the front office thinks... We might see Barrio up when the rosters expand.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    So the front office doesn't want to bring up Barrio now, even if would help the Reds win a few more games this year.
    IF they bring Barrio up and he plays well, he's a fan favorite now and they can't bench him when Moose comes back.
    Reds don't want to be in a position where they have to bench Moose or Suarez. They really can't bench India.
    I don't agree with it, but I bet that's how the front office thinks... We might see Barrio up when the rosters expand.
    You’re probably right about the front office thinking, but aren’t they in a pennant race? “Win a few more games this year” is what they should be doing.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (07-19-2021)

If this assessment is true, this is such flawed thinking on the Reds part IMO. (Play the expense not the talent.)

Moose could step on the field and hurt himself the first time he hits a base and Suarez is sub par by every measure. You want to play? Produce. Not that hard. Tge Reds are too passive and sentimental.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (07-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I actually have little doubt he could play SS "if healthy".
    He can't be any worse there than Geno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I’d be surprised if Suarez goes back to starting shortstop. It would be an absurd move at this point.

I’ve said my peace on Barrero, Reds may want to give him some more AAA time, but I don’t think Suarez has much to do with it either way.

Also guessing that some things may clarify by the trade deadline. Some teams don’t move players around too much until they see whether they can do business before the deadline. We’re getting close to that point.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-19-2021 at 11:03 AM.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (07-19-2021)

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

That's all well and good, but what do we do when Senzel gets hurt again?
    Hope isn't a strategy

Suerez is done at SS, it's a failure, a Dmitri Young at 3rd base failure, a Yolander Alonso in LF failure, a Randy Meyers as a starter failure.

Move on.

Watch the Reds trade Castillo and force the other team to take Suerez next.

22. Likes:

Mitri (07-19-2021),REDREAD (07-19-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021)

Suerez is done at SS, it's a failure, a Dmitri Young at 3rd base failure, a Yolander Alonso in LF failure, a Randy Meyers as a starter failure.

Move on.

Maybe we can get Roberto Kelly back in that deal.
    Go Gators!

Move on.

But has it reached "Danny Graves as a starter" failure level yet?

25. Likes:

REDREAD (07-19-2021),Revering4Blue (07-19-2021),westofyou (07-19-2021)

Turn Off Ads?