Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chattanooga Lookouts live scouting report

Chattanooga Lookouts live scouting report

Went to visit my son who lives in Fort Walton Beach, FL this weekend. The Lookouts are in Pensacola playing the Wahoos. Since it's only 35 miles or so we decided to make the game last night. Nick Lodolo was on the mound. We sat directly in front of the Lookouts BP, so we got to watch Lodolo warm up very closely. His FB is solid 94-95 with decent movement. In the pen he seemed to have little control of his Change. That changed(no pun) when the game started. His change was 80-81, and his motion looked exactly the same as his FB motion. His change was deadly like Castillo's. The Wahoos were wailing away at it. He does need to develop a breaking ball. He threw what looked to be a slider a few times, but it didn't do much. He pitched 4 solid innings giving up a run(that actually jacked his ERA from 0.84 to 1.00) and a couple of hits. He breezed through the 1st and 3rd. He got in trouble in the 2nd and 4th, but made a great defensive play in the 2nd on a piss rocket up the middle. All in all Lodolo looks the part of a solid MLB pitcher.

As for the rest of the Lookout team there looks to be a lot of organizational filler. Most of our prospects are in A ball. Besides Lodolo who is #1 or #2 on most Reds prospects list you have starting pitcher Graham Ashcraft(15-20) who didn't pitch, and C TJ Kolozvary(30-35)who left the game before for the Olympics. Down 2-1 in the Top of the 9th, TJ Hopkins hit a 2 run line drive bomb to left to put the Lookouts ahead 3-2 and eventually give them the win. He looked like a decent prospect as did OFer Ryan Mount. Not much else in the position player department. We threw 3 other pitchers besides Lodolo. Again, none are rated as high prospects in our system. Michael Byrne, Eddy Demurias, and Hector Perez closed it out. Demurias and Perez had live arms both hitting 96-97 consistently with their FB. Maybe, they can develop into something.

All in all a pretty good baseball trip since I won't be able to get to a Reds game this year. I was surprised at the number of people at the game with Reds gear on. Of course, myself and family did, but there were a pretty good many more. By far the most I've ever seen at a Minor League game for a road team. As I was standing in the concourse I actually had a guy ask me what was the deal with all the Reds fans at the game. I told him the Lookouts were our AA team and he said well that's why then.
    Last edited by RedsFanInMS; 07-18-2021 at 10:35 AM.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (07-18-2021),M2 (07-18-2021),malcontent (07-18-2021),Ron Madden (07-18-2021),UKFlounder (07-18-2021),wally post (07-19-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Turn Off Ads?