Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Payback for Castellanos HBP

Re: Payback for Castellanos HBP

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    To clarify, it’s a micro fracture that was discovered today by a catscan. He says he’s at 50% and will take a few days and then see where he is.

I would have no problem with how the Reds dealt with this, except with Bell using him in the game the other day. If he hadn’t, the Reds could have backdated any IL trip to day he got hit. It cost them 3 days.

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...450267650?s=21
    Well at least he used him at the right time snd we won!

Er…oops

2. Turn Off Ads?

Castellanos saying he has no idea and hasn't been told how long he will be out:
    https://twitter.com/MarkVSlaughter/s...12335890550797

We just caught up with Nick Castellanos at his Pro Camp for kids and here’s what he had to say on his wrist injury #Reds
    video of interview at link

Cast in a cast:

https://twitter.com/Kodylee13/status...06525533736971

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

It would be really cool if baseball had some sort of designation or consignment for players who had hurty-ouchies so their teams could temporarily fill their spot on the roster with another player in the organization.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    It would be really cool if baseball had some sort of designation or consignment for players who had hurty-ouchies so their teams could temporarily fill their spot on the roster with another player in the organization.
    One of my suggestions is to have a 28 person roster, but only 20-21 of them active at any one time. Then you could stash someone like Castellanos for a few days.

But it looks like it's going to be a IL trip...

(Note: this reads more like speculation than news, so take it FWIW)

Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi
    News today: Nick Castellanos could be out for a couple weeks due to a right wrist microfracture. @MLBNetwork
    @MLB
    11:53 AM · Jul 22, 2021
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    Like the NHL DNP list

Are the Reds the kings of misdiagnosis? It's been a trend for a long time, and as I don't follow other teams as closely, I really want to know if the other 29 organizations go from "day to day" to "4-6" weeks" as much.

Take it with a grain of salt…but my Dad is a physician and also follows the Reds like I do. He said a small micro fracture wouldn’t be seen on an X-ray…would be seen on the CT. Standard for something like this would be to X-ray it. It shows nothing so you wait for swelling to go down…key being if I’m a few days the swelling is lingering and you’re not getting any improvement. At that point you go to the CT to see if there is something going on that just couldn’t be seen on an X-ray. To me, it sounds like the Reds medical staff played it the best they could. He thought anywhere between 3-6 weeks of healing time before he will be swinging again.
    So Im expecting you’ll see Cast hit the IL tomorrow and be out of a few more weeks at a minimum.

9. Likes:

757690 (07-22-2021),mbgrayson (07-23-2021),Roy Tucker (07-23-2021),UKFlounder (07-23-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Like I said, as soon as Bell said he was possibly available to PH the day after the injury, I knew it was gonna be bad. Even worse when Cast actually showed up in extra innings the other night.

This is gonna play out exactly the same way Moose’s first injury did.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 07-22-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Worth The Wait

IL NC, call up Barrero, move Farmer to 3B until Moose returns, sit Suarez, get Aquino in the lineup 5 times per week.

12. Likes:

757690 (07-22-2021),wally post (07-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    IL NC, call up Barrero, move Farmer to 3B until Moose returns, sit Suarez, get Aquino in the lineup 5 times per week.
    I don’t see much need to replace Suarez with Farmer, about the same offense, but I like the other parts of this.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Mark Sheldon
    @m_sheldon

Still undetermined if Castellanos will go on the IL, Bell says. Decision could happen later. He took the last two days off from doing anything to rest his wrist. If he's pain free after the rest, there's a chance he wouldn't have to go on the IL.

Turn Off Ads?