Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My feedback from the two games I attended

  1. #1
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,315

    My feedback from the two games I attended

    First and foremost….it was great to be back in GABP for first time since 2018. Medical condition in 2019 and Covid 2020….Friday snd Saturday were great nights at the ballpark. Great atmosphere and fun with my wife and son.

    General stuff…..Reds defense and base running are often factors and typically not on the good side. Offensively struggle getting it done in the big moments. Bullpen needs help.

    My view…from the OF I can read everything right off the bat BUT from right on the dugout Joey’s deep fly ball I though he just maybe got enough but noticed his expression knew it was just short….Damn

    Let’s talk about Suarez….he is completely over matched on high fastballs and couldn’t believe how hard he was swinging on every single pitch. Yelich late in last nights game looked exactly the same….but with 2 strikes he shortened up a bit and got it done. Watching all players Suarez looked as overmatched as anyone….I won’t count Lorenzen but he had no chance at high Hader fastballs, but fair enough.

    Still on Suarez….both nights he and Garcia met and talked and 10 second hugs behind 2nd base, also very amicable with Adamas and Narvaez. Opposing teams always have this j was just surprised with he and Garcia…like very best friends. (I don’t care, just surprised)

    Reds fans….Lord . I went to 5-7 games a year from 1996-2018, so I know what I’m getting into. Friday night in RF was simply put, embarrassing. The drunk screaming idiots were ridiculous to Avisail Garcia and JBJ. Incoherent yelling to be funny and was just dumb. Asinine. Garcia tossed a warmup ball to a Reds kid fan 7 out of 8 innings and obliged, waved and smiled fir typical fans of both teams. Sat was better 2 sections over and after delay behind dugout there was just one moron heckling Yelich back to MVP status but Sat was much better.

    Fans instincts are getting worse as well….I j on now most either never played or maybe not great instincts of the game but the hopeful excitement did help make the park fun.

    No food vendors but concession open all game….I’ll call it a wash. My son got deked into the souvenir cup for $9.75 but it came with $1.00 refills so he bit….went back to get a $1 refill and nope, Covid can’t allow. 40,000 fans shoulder to shoulder but can’t put ice and coke in a cup. Common sense please.

    Fun….every strikeouts, big hits, HR, lucky bounces in our favor, scoreboard fun, huge anticipation moments on Saturday ….no didn’t win but everyone there was excited and enjoying it….Votto and Winker so close to finishing it perfectly but still a great great time.

    Brewers pitch inside way more than the Reds. It was noticeable.

    Saw a Reds fan run 20 mph across the field….he was smokin lol

    Sat 10 feet from a stronger/fitter and clean cut Mike Leake. Took me 5 minutes to figure out who he was and the diehard guy in front of me had no idea who Mike Leake was? It was cool him cheering on the Reds like a regular fan (with sense)

    Would do again and will.

  2. Likes:

    Boss-Hog (07-19-2021),BRM13 (07-19-2021),camisadelgolf (07-19-2021),cumberlandreds (07-18-2021),goreds2 (07-19-2021),KeefeCato (07-18-2021),M2 (07-18-2021),malcontent (07-18-2021),REDREAD (07-18-2021),Revering4Blue (07-18-2021),Tony Cloninger (07-18-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,503

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Tell me the details about this cup with $1 refills being sold….but they don’t allow $1 refills.

    Glad you made it back!

  5. #3
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,315

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Tell me the details about this cup with $1 refills being sold….but they don’t allow $1 refills.

    Glad you made it back!
    A large fountain drink is $7.75….the souvenir cup was $9.75 but pays for itself easily with 1 refill, even a cup of ice on a muggy evening but they refused to refill or even put ice into it.

  6. Likes:

    REDREAD (07-18-2021)

  7. #4
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,503

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    A large fountain drink is $7.75….the souvenir cup was $9.75 but pays for itself easily with 1 refill, even a cup of ice on a muggy evening but they refused to refill or even put ice into it.
    I guess I was wondering how are they marketing such a thing when they don’t allow the refill to occur?

    Refills available at a later date?

  8. #5
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,315

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I guess I was wondering how are they marketing such a thing when they don’t allow the refill to occur?

    Refills available at a later date?
    My son didn’t push back for info…..just returned to his seat. Crazy they wouldn’t honor.

  9. Likes:

    kaldaniels (07-18-2021)

  10. #6
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    610

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    First and foremost….it was great to be back in GABP for first time since 2018. Medical condition in 2019 and Covid 2020….Friday snd Saturday were great nights at the ballpark. Great atmosphere and fun with my wife and son.

    General stuff…..Reds defense and base running are often factors and typically not on the good side. Offensively struggle getting it done in the big moments. Bullpen needs help.

    My view…from the OF I can read everything right off the bat BUT from right on the dugout Joey’s deep fly ball I though he just maybe got enough but noticed his expression knew it was just short….Damn

    Let’s talk about Suarez….he is completely over matched on high fastballs and couldn’t believe how hard he was swinging on every single pitch. Yelich late in last nights game looked exactly the same….but with 2 strikes he shortened up a bit and got it done. Watching all players Suarez looked as overmatched as anyone….I won’t count Lorenzen but he had no chance at high Hader fastballs, but fair enough.

    Still on Suarez….both nights he and Garcia met and talked and 10 second hugs behind 2nd base, also very amicable with Adamas and Narvaez. Opposing teams always have this j was just surprised with he and Garcia…like very best friends. (I don’t care, just surprised)

    Reds fans….Lord . I went to 5-7 games a year from 1996-2018, so I know what I’m getting into. Friday night in RF was simply put, embarrassing. The drunk screaming idiots were ridiculous to Avisail Garcia and JBJ. Incoherent yelling to be funny and was just dumb. Asinine. Garcia tossed a warmup ball to a Reds kid fan 7 out of 8 innings and obliged, waved and smiled fir typical fans of both teams. Sat was better 2 sections over and after delay behind dugout there was just one moron heckling Yelich back to MVP status but Sat was much better.

    Fans instincts are getting worse as well….I j on now most either never played or maybe not great instincts of the game but the hopeful excitement did help make the park fun.

    No food vendors but concession open all game….I’ll call it a wash. My son got deked into the souvenir cup for $9.75 but it came with $1.00 refills so he bit….went back to get a $1 refill and nope, Covid can’t allow. 40,000 fans shoulder to shoulder but can’t put ice and coke in a cup. Common sense please.

    Fun….every strikeouts, big hits, HR, lucky bounces in our favor, scoreboard fun, huge anticipation moments on Saturday ….no didn’t win but everyone there was excited and enjoying it….Votto and Winker so close to finishing it perfectly but still a great great time.

    Brewers pitch inside way more than the Reds. It was noticeable.

    Saw a Reds fan run 20 mph across the field….he was smokin lol

    Sat 10 feet from a stronger/fitter and clean cut Mike Leake. Took me 5 minutes to figure out who he was and the diehard guy in front of me had no idea who Mike Leake was? It was cool him cheering on the Reds like a regular fan (with sense)

    Would do again and will.
    Glad you made it back. I have a medical issue as well. Will not make it this year and may never. I haven't sat in the OF in years. Two reasons really. One being my eye sight not what it used to be and with HD 50 inch TVs, I can see better at home. I will pay the extra money for better seat. Some like OF seats better and that is fine. I used to be one of those when I was much younger.

  11. #7
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    610

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Maybe they only did the dollar refills at select locations?

  12. #8
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,315

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Glad you made it back. I have a medical issue as well. Will not make it this year and may never. I haven't sat in the OF in years. Two reasons really. One being my eye sight not what it used to be and with HD 50 inch TVs, I can see better at home. I will pay the extra money for better seat. Some like OF seats better and that is fine. I used to be one of those when I was much younger.
    For a good price you can get front 3 rows. Front row OF around $45 and anything 1B side as good much much high and nonstop people getting up in your view….but no concession vendors does improve that.

    I love to watch the OF play

  13. Likes:

    KeefeCato (07-19-2021),REDREAD (07-18-2021)

  14. #9
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,315

    Re: My feedback from the two games I attended

    Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Maybe they only did the dollar refills at select locations?
    Maybe but he went back to where he bought it from

  15. #10
    Member powersackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,632

    My feedback from the two games I attended

    By the way Yelich is an A$$ man. Some folks sitting behind me Saturday made him do the TikTok raise your left hand if you’re a breasts man and right hand if you’re a buttocks man.

    After a few innings of not giving up he answered. It was pretty funny. and yes 1 idiot heckled his batting average for 4 or more innings till he was booted or passed out.

    Also a streaker made it all the way from left to right field line before police tackled him when he fell.

    There may have been a game going on too. But the bullpen ruined it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

  16. Likes:

    goreds2 (07-19-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator