Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Will Winker get to 20 HR this year?

Will Winker get to 20 HR this year?

Tongue is barely in cheek. A more realistic question is will he get to 25?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Will Winker get to 20 HR this year?

Yes.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I think a more interesting question is if he ends up having an OPS above his career average

Seemed like that was a slam dunk yes for the first couple months or so when he was playing like an actual MVP candidate

Since mid June when he started spiraling though, doesn’t seem as sure. He’s at .894 right now and his career OPS is .869.

I’m also curious to see if he can get to 3 WAR this year too. He’s at 2.2 fWAR and 1.7 bWAR. Seemed like he was a lock for at least 4 if not 5 before the slump, now 3 might be a leap for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yes.
    I agree. I think he gets to 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Since mid June when he started spiraling though,
    He was fine in June in pretty much anyway you slice it up, the batting average started to slip there but he was still hitting for power. It's just July where he's been in an absolutely brutal slump all around.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He was fine in June in pretty much anyway you slice it up, the batting average started to slip there but he was still hitting for power. It's just July where he's been in an absolutely brutal slump all around.
    Yeah I’m not sure why I thought it started there. He had a 1.000 OPS on the dot on July 1st. Lost over a 100 points there in just over 2 weeks including the ASB. That’s pretty hardcore.

Unless he gets hurt, which I fully expect to happen.
    Go Gators!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Unless he gets hurt, which I fully expect to happen.
    LOL...seems like that will be the norm the way the second half has gotten started.

Turn Off Ads?