Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I'm not going to pay attention to a poll of 77 epidemiologists when there are a thousand times that many worldwide, and even then, they said it could happen, not will happen. It's a fluff piece, mostly designed around eliminating patents.

And what can I possible do about picking up the pace worldwide if I can't even get some slack jaws in Germantown to get the shot? And if you haven't noticed, it's just as bad in other countries. This thing will just rage on until it dies out. If it kills me, so be it, I'm done.
    OK
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would think if the disease mutates beyond our current vaccines, we could put new mRNA coding into new vaxxes in order to combat those new variants. I've already assumed I'll be getting COVID boosters on a semi-regular basis.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I would think if the disease mutates beyond our current vaccines, we could put new mRNA coding into new vaxxes in order to combat those new variants. I've already assumed I'll be getting COVID boosters on a semi-regular basis.
    Without a doubt.

If the virus sticks around, it likely will be an endless cycle of mutations and new vaccines. However, new vaccines take time, and the only way we know the virus can beat the current vaccine is if it starts taking out vaccinated people at high rate. That means lots more deaths of people who thought they were safe, followed by more lockdowns until the new vaccine gets developed, which if we are lucky would only be a few months.

Now this only happens if we let the virus linger. Hopefully, we won't let that happen.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

There won't be any more lockdowns.

We chose money instead.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (09-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    There won't be any more lockdowns.

We chose money instead.
    No, we chose the vaccine, at least half of us. The vaccinated are not going to lock themselves in their homes and cower in fear because some hill jack read a scary story on Facebook.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    OK
    I agree with 7383838 on this but I want to say that I love that 738383 is exasperated by BernieCarbo ‘7484844’-ing him.

No, we chose the vaccine, at least half of us. The vaccinated are not going to lock themselves in their homes and cower in fear because some hill jack read a scary story on Facebook.
    I'm saying that even if a variant emerged that killed the vaccinated at the same rate as the unvaccinated, we're not closing down again. We tried it once. Money matters more.

There will be no shutdown ever again, even if people are dropping like flies in the streets.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 09-24-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I work with a woman who said a few months ago that her son told her not to get the vaccine. (Welcome to semi-rural North Carolina.) I suggested that, no offense to her son, she should talk to her doctor about it. Her doctor advised her to get it.

Fast forward to today, she volunteered to me that she's still not vaxxed because she's not comfortable with it. I mean, what can you do? But to be fair, her son DOES have a high school diploma and works in construction, while her doctor only has what I assume is a medical degree. It's a tough choice.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

11. Likes:

M2 (09-24-2021)

I'm saying that even if a variant emerged that killed the vaccinated at the same rate as the unvaccinated, we're not closing down again. We tried it once. Money matters more.

There will be no shutdown ever again, even if people are dropping like flies in the streets.
    Well, none of that is going to happen unless you think the Stand was real. That movie must’ve scared you to death.

As for the money, you sound like a zoomer that didn’t miss a paycheck and got a few stimulus checks along the way. We don’t live in Vietnam where the military is going to drop off a few bags of rice at our front door so we don’t starve, so yeah, we need money.

Well, none of that is going to happen unless you think the Stand was real. That movie must’ve scared you to death.

As for the money, you sound like a zoomer that didn’t miss a paycheck and got a few stimulus checks along the way. We don’t live in Vietnam where the military is going to drop off a few bags of rice at our front door so we don’t starve, so yeah, we need money.
    I read the book. And yeah, it did scare me.

As for "none of that is gonna happen" you sound like SeaRay. 6 months ago we never would have thought that a variant would cut through the vaccine and make the vaccinated really sick (or dead). I like your optimism but we haven't even hit winter yet. If you think the next variant is gonna be "no more variants", you're gonna have a bad time.

As for the money, we are in agreement. Even if it was The Stand out there, we still wouldn't lockdown. That won't happen ever again.

As for "none of that is gonna happen" you sound like SeaRay. 6 months ago we never would have thought that a variant would cut through the vaccine and make the vaccinated really sick (or dead). I like your optimism but we haven't even hit winter yet. If you think the next variant is gonna be "no more variants", you're gonna have a bad time.

As for the money, we are in agreement. Even if it was The Stand out there, we still wouldn't lockdown. That won't happen ever again.
    The number of vaccinated who get terribly sick or dead is minute. Just look at the numbers. I took a greater risk driving down I75 this morning.

Could something happen? Sure, I watched Armageddon about 10 times, and there’s some bad ass stuff out there that could happen anytime. But I’m not going to be a frightened little rabbit shivering in the cold thinking about it, because I’ve done everything I can do. If I knock off a few more unvaccinated hillbillies because I didn’t double mask or cross the street when I saw them on the sidewalk, so be it. My conscience is clear.

We’re here for a good time, not a long time.

They call me "chef"

Yeah. Unfortunately, COVID-19 doesn’t acknowledge or respond to strong know-it-all, I’m-tired-of-this, my-house-my-rules dad energy.

16. Likes:

M2 (09-24-2021)

Australia's lockdowns seem to be going well. . . . LOL

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-24-2021)

I don’t know if I can believe my ears, and I didn’t find a reference on the Internet, but on the news just now they said in southern Ohio and Kentucky this coming Monday some Covid patriots are going to conduct rolling roadblocks and interstate stoppages to protest the Covid mandates, creating a traffic nightmare. I kid you not.

This is why I’ve lost all patience with these people.

I don’t know if I can believe my ears, and I didn’t find a reference on the Internet, but on the news just now they said in southern Ohio and Kentucky this coming Monday some Covid patriots are going to conduct rolling roadblocks and interstate stoppages to protest the Covid mandates, creating a traffic nightmare. I kid you not.

This is why I’ve lost all patience with these people.
    I sit in a completely open floorplan office, with a guy behind me who lets everyone know that he is not vaccinated, and why.

I don't have the luxury of losing my patience without losing my job. Fortunately I WFH quite a bit.

Edit: @ "frightened little rabbit shivering in the cold"

You really do have a way with words.

Turn Off Ads?