Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Asymptomatic people I thought were the biggest spreaders of the disease...
    The CDC estimates that as of April 14th, 97.1 million of 114.6 million cases were symptomatic.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    On a golf course?
    More like on an airline, at the hotel, transportation, etc.

More like on an airline, at the hotel, transportation, etc.
    I assumed he was already in Tokyo. If not, I certainly understand why he wouldn't be allowed on a plane.

I assumed he was already in Tokyo. If not, I certainly understand why he wouldn't be allowed on a plane.
    Yep, I think everyone was tested before they went. I was trying to find an article i read about who got covid and when. Of the something like 20 athletes that have tested positive, I think half of them were before going to tokyo and the rest were while there.

UK's cases are already dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    UK's cases are already dropping.
    I think the US is about a month behind on the delta variant path than them. So hopefully we dont have another month of increases...especially at their slope.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe closer to 2 months actually behind.

I think the US is about a month behind on the delta variant path than them. So hopefully we dont have another month of increases...especially at their slope.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably at least 6 weeks behind. I could care less about the cases slope as long as our deaths/hospitalizations mirror theirs.

Yep, I think everyone was tested before they went. I was trying to find an article i read about who got covid and when. Of the something like 20 athletes that have tested positive, I think half of them were before going to tokyo and the rest were while there.
    I read that Rahm had two negative tests and then a third test was positive - the tests aren't 100% accurate and since he just recently had covid and the vaccine, I'm not really sure what's going on - I'm not sure they have a large sample size of people who had the vaccine and were vaccinated within a short period of time to be able to tell whats going on.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll see it much sooner than that in MO, NV, and FL too.

LOL

Yamiche Alcindor
    @Yamiche
    A WH source confirms:

CDC is expected to recommend today that ppl vaccinated for COVID *resume wearing masks* indoors under certain circumstances. Those circumstances include: If living with/in close contact w/ immunocompromised ppl or unvaccinated ppl such as kids under 12.
    Cases are falling the most with kids under 12 even with school back in session in the UK. Zero evidence to support this recommendation that probably 2% of people will actually follow.

Just incredibly horrible messaging from them. Why can't people on the right and the left just not be insane about this whole mess?
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 07-27-2021 at 10:55 AM.

12. Likes:

goreds2 (07-28-2021),Sea Ray (07-27-2021)

If you don't want future mask requirements then it's time to be mad at the people not getting vaccinated. Because as long as we keep passing around this disease and being the petri dishes for further mutations, masking in indoor spaces is going to keep cropping up.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (07-28-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

Today marks the beginning of the widespread anger phase of Covid from what I can see. Large scall non-compliance seems likely. We shall see....

Today marks the beginning of the widespread anger phase of Covid from what I can see. Large scall non-compliance seems likely. We shall see....
    Beginning? When has misplaced anger and large scale non-compliance not been a feature of this pandemic?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

There have been pockets all along, but today seems more widespread to me. Perhaps it's more the "eff off" phase. That's the general sense I'm getting from people today.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Beginning? When has misplaced anger and large scale non-compliance not been a feature of this pandemic?
    You always had the non-compliers who didn't want to wear masks and won't get vaccinated. But there's now a large group of people who did everything they were asked for 15 months, got the shot, and see that the shot basically guarantees that they will avoid hospitalization. This group is not putting masks back on. And a lot of them are going to show up to school board meetings (or already have) if their local districts try to mandate masks for their kids.

19. Likes:

Todd Gack (07-28-2021)

Turn Off Ads?