Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    You always had the non-compliers who didn't want to wear masks and won't get vaccinated. But there's now a large group of people who did everything they were asked for 15 months, got the shot, and see that the shot basically guarantees that they will avoid hospitalization. This group is not putting masks back on. And a lot of them are going to show up to school board meetings (or already have) if their local districts try to mandate masks for their kids.
    Yes this is already happening where I live and where the wife teaches…unfortunately the State is in control of mask mandates not the school.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    You always had the non-compliers who didn't want to wear masks and won't get vaccinated. But there's now a large group of people who did everything they were asked for 15 months, got the shot, and see that the shot basically guarantees that they will avoid hospitalization. This group is not putting masks back on. And a lot of them are going to show up to school board meetings (or already have) if their local districts try to mandate masks for their kids.
    I agree that there will be protests against bringing mandates back, and it will include a new group this time, those that got vaccinated, followed the science, but that will change the debate.

This new group will have to realize that they can’t just sit back and say, “I’m fine, I don’t care what others do.” They will have to realize that the non-vaccinated are affecting them, and be forced to get angry at them. That brings a new dynamic to the debate, which hopefully will result in more people getting vaccinated.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I
    This new group will have to realize that they can’t just sit back and say, “I’m fine, I don’t care what others do.”
    Pretty sure that's where this group is mostly at, though. I don't see a whole lot of appetite for blaming the unvaccinated. Mostly just a "leave me (and especially my kids) alone already" vibe.

5. Likes:

Todd Gack (07-28-2021)

This really is a battle and any advantage out there needs to be grabbed.

Low hanging fruit - do whatever it takes to formally approve the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Pretty sure that's where this group is mostly at, though. I don't see a whole lot of appetite for blaming the unvaccinated. Mostly just a "leave me (and especially my kids) alone already" vibe.
    Yeah, that's definitely a thing.

But also, the more you read, the more you realize the CDC statement was either 1 of two things:
    1) They have zero idea what they're doing
    2) Taking Orders from the WH

The study they cited for this reasoning was rejected in India based on a vaccine not approved in US.. (Miraculously, the study went from "Rejected to "Under Review" in the last few hours. . .lol).

The reason the CDC had to issue the new guidance is that unvaccinated folks think that they can fool the virus by not wearing a mask when the guidance says vaccinated people need not wear masks anymore. The CDC is likely as frustrated as everyone else. The way forward is for employers to just start making vaccine requirements for all employees. Losing a paycheck seems to be of more importance than the chance of illness or loss of life.

At least we don't live in Australia. That place is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    The reason the CDC had to issue the new guidance is that unvaccinated folks think that they can fool the virus by not wearing a mask when the guidance says vaccinated people need not wear masks anymore. The CDC is likely as frustrated as everyone else. The way forward is for employers to just start making vaccine requirements for all employees. Losing a paycheck seems to be of more importance than the chance of illness or loss of life.
    The mask mandates weren't doing anything before and they're not doing anything after. They just need to get vaccinated. But I also don't blame some for not being vaccinated.

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-28-2021)

Texas Police Department WARNS PUBLIC after COVID-positive Migrants Released by Border Patrol Into Town

Migrants told police they 'were released because they were sick with COVID-19,' police said

A Texas border town police department is warning citizens of the potential danger posed by illegal immigrants infected with COVID-19 being released by Border Patrol agents and housed in local hotels.

The La Joya, Texas, Police Department issued a public health announcement on Facebook this week and explained that concerned citizens had witnessed a family group coughing and sneezing at a local Whataburger. Police said they were told by the group they had been released by Border Patrol into a local hotel.

"The Officer approached the family and was told by them that they had been apprehended by Border Patrol days prior and were released because they were sick with COVID-19," the Facebook post read, adding that they determined the family was being housed at a local hotel by a charity group.

"Officers made contact with Hotel management who explained that Catholic Charities of The Rio Grande Valley had booked all the rooms in the hotel to house undocumented immigrants that were detained By Border Patrol," the post stated.

The post says the majority of the migrants held were not wearing masks and that border authorities are releasing migrants with coronavirus symptoms to local charities who were not notifying local police that sick people were being housed in the hotels.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...rants-released

13. Likes:

goreds2 (07-29-2021),Todd Gack (07-28-2021)

"Everyone needs to be vaccinated. Well, everyone except these illegal aliens."

15. Likes:

goreds2 (07-29-2021),Sea Ray (07-28-2021)

Looks like there are some serious issues over the science that the CDC used to tell us to wear masks again:

https://twitter.com/Alicia_Smith19/s...17010752761860

The first thing that jumped out at me was that they were coughing and sneezing. Those aren't typical symptoms of covid. The story just sounds made up.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    The first thing that jumped out at me was that they were coughing and sneezing. Those aren't typical symptoms of covid. The story just sounds made up.
    I have no idea as to the veracity of the story, but you really shouldn't draw any conclusions based on coughing and sneezing. Coughing is absolutely a typical symptom of COVID. You would be correct about sneezing if we were still dealing with wild-type COVID and it's early mutations, but we're not. Sneezing is a common symptom seen with the Delta variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    I have no idea as to the veracity of the story, but you really shouldn't draw any conclusions based on coughing and sneezing. Coughing is absolutely a typical symptom of COVID. You would be correct about sneezing if we were still dealing with wild-type COVID and it's early mutations, but we're not. Sneezing is a common symptom seen with the Delta variant.
    That's cool, I trust your take on it. I have been following it, and everything I read said that sneezing was a symptom if someone caught covid after being vaccinated, but if it's present due to the delta variant, that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If you don't want future mask requirements then it's time to be mad at the people not getting vaccinated. Because as long as we keep passing around this disease and being the petri dishes for further mutations, masking in indoor spaces is going to keep cropping up.
    This is where I've reached as well. I've got a lot of anger towards those choosing not to get vaccinated, and I don't see it going away any time soon. I see the impact on people who are out there dealing with every day, so it's hard for me not to get angry at the people who are responsible.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

21. Likes:

M2 (07-29-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021),RFS62 (07-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?