Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Well, this is what the study says:

"With widespread vaccination, the current definition of COVID-19 hospitalizations includes progressively more mild or incidental diagnoses, for example, cases identified prior to surgery or prior to discharge, rather than hospitalizations due to severe COVID-19.7 Other recent studies similarly found that current definitions of “COVID-19 hospitalizations” combined with routine, and often mandatory, screening testing of all admissions may substantially overestimate the number of hospitalizations caused by SARS-CoV-2 infection."
    So in other words, these were patients who would be admitted regardless of C19. OK, that doesn't explain exploding hospital admissions then

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So in other words, these were patients who would be admitted regardless of C19. OK, that doesn't explain exploding hospital admissions then
    I don’t think it is that simple. if I had a pre-condition such as type two diabetes or high blood pressure, maybe I can manage it day-to-day and it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. But if I catch Covid, that might be what breaks the camels back, and I would need to go to the hospital for my diabetes, but I test positive incidentally for Covid. Maybe a doctor here can verify that, but it seems plausible to me that that person would not have gone to the hospital before, but now needs to, even though Covid isn’t the predetermining factor.

People in this country are not particularly fit, so when something like this comes along, it exacerbates the problem.

OK. Our hospitasls were 1% filled here in Ohio when I made that statement. If hospitalizations are your standard then it was over
    what happened next
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

5. Likes:

M2 (09-18-2021),Plus Plus (09-20-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-18-2021),SteelSD (09-18-2021)

Oh, and turns out masks do help - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html. And they work best when everybody in a given space is using them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oh, and turns out masks do help - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html. And they work best when everybody in a given space is using them.
    At least ten studies have confirmed the benefit of universal masking in community level analyses: in a unified hospital system,42 a German city,43 two U.S. states,44, 45 a panel of 15 U.S. states and Washington, D.C.,46, 47 as well as both Canada48 and the U.S.
    Funny, Germany's not impressed:

European countries mandate medical-grade masks over homemade cloth face coverings
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/europ...ntl/index.html

At best we'd have to admit that the science is far from settled on this.

More evidence that the current vaccines are not working as well as we've been told:

“More than half the patients getting the monoclonal antibody treatment in south Florida are fully vaccinated,” DeSantis spokeswoman Christina Pushaw wrote in response to a comment on Twitter that suggested that only unvaccinated people are the reason why there is a significant demand for monoclonal antibodies.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/d...-florida-fully

Not good. Not good at all. They'd better come up with a booster geared toward the variants and do it fast

They call me "chef"

Yep. Looks like uneducated culture warriors were right about these vaccines after all!

Another reminder that being heavy greatly increases your odds of getting really sick from C19 and here's why:

A constellation of physiological and social factors drives those grim numbers. The biology of obesity includes impaired immunity, chronic inflammation, and blood that's prone to clot, all of which can worsen COVID-19. And because obesity is so stigmatized, people with obesity may avoid medical care.
    https://www.science.org/news/2020/09...f-theyre-young

Another reminder that being heavy greatly increases your odds of getting really sick from C19 and here's why:

https://www.science.org/news/2020/09...f-theyre-young
    I think we all know this by now - the article is a year old.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think we all know this by now - the article is a year old.
    That's why I said it's a reminder. Did you not catch that? Do you think it doesn't hold true today?

Anti-vaxxers are nothing new. Social media has just blown things up.

This from 1924:

Attachment 17715

Seven years later (1931):

Attachment 17716

More evidence that the current vaccines are not working as well as we've been told:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/d...-florida-fully

Not good. Not good at all. They'd better come up with a booster geared toward the variants and do it fast
    DeSantis is my favorite scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    DeSantis is my favorite scientist.
    I agree he is a pretty sharp dude but putting him aside, it certainly appears that more and more vaccinated people are getting sick

I agree he is a pretty sharp dude but putting him aside, it certainly appears that more and more vaccinated people are getting sick
    Because of the unvaccinated people spreading the disease and the time from the original vaccination shot. Not really sure what you are getting at, but if everyone was vaccinated, we'd be way better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Because of the unvaccinated people spreading the disease and the time from the original vaccination shot. Not really sure what you are getting at, but if everyone was vaccinated, we'd be way better off.
    It's the idiocy churn, it's like chum for the fish, they just eat it up

Turn Off Ads?