Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree he is a pretty sharp dude but putting him aside, it certainly appears that more and more vaccinated people are getting sick
    Do you have a study that shows how vaccinated people are getting infected? It's been shown that vaccinated people are less likely to catch it or spread it, so they must be getting it from unvaccinated.

But yeah, it's the vaccine's fault.

2. Likes:

westofyou (09-20-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Because of the unvaccinated people spreading the disease and the time from the original vaccination shot. Not really sure what you are getting at, but if everyone was vaccinated, we'd be way better off.
    I agree 100% that ideally everyone would get vaccinated but that won't happen here or anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Do you have a study that shows how vaccinated people are getting infected? It's been shown that vaccinated people are less likely to catch it or spread it, so they must be getting it from unvaccinated.

But yeah, it's the vaccine's fault.
    I've posted statistics of hospitalized folks who are vaccinated. I told the story of a friend of mine who attended my cocktail party who got sick and was vaccinated. I've posted stats from Israel. Vaccinated people are getting sick. I think the vaccination helps and I'm damn glad I got it

Wait, are there still people out there that think they can't get covid if they are vaccinated?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I've posted statistics of hospitalized folks who are vaccinated. I told the story of a friend of mine who attended my cocktail party who got sick and was vaccinated. I've posted stats from Israel. Vaccinated people are getting sick. I think the vaccination helps and I'm damn glad I got it
    That isn't what I said. I asked if you had a study that showed where vaccinated people caught it from. It is unlikely that a bunch of vaccinated people are sitting together and spontaneously catch covid, but an unvaccinated person could pass it to them. Luckily, the vaccinated will in all likelihood just shrug it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Wait, are there still people out there that think they can't get covid if they are vaccinated?
    No, there aren't.

That isn't what I said. I asked if you had a study that showed where vaccinated people caught it from. It is unlikely that a bunch of vaccinated people are sitting together and spontaneously catch covid, but an unvaccinated person could pass it to them. Luckily, the vaccinated will in all likelihood just shrug it off.

- - - Updated - - -

No, there aren't.
    I don't see how such a study would be possible. How can you be certain where someone caught the virus?

There is this data:

When early field data showed that vaccinating people cuts transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, researchers were cautiously optimistic. But they warned that many of those studies, although promising, took place before the fast-spreading Delta variant proliferated worldwide. Now, reports from various countries seem to confirm what scientists feared after the variant tore through India with alarming speed in April and May: Delta is more likely than other variants to spread through vaccinated people.

Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people. This means that despite the protection offered by vaccines, a proportion of vaccinated people can pass on Delta, possibly aiding its rise.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1

This is consistent with what I said earlier. These vaccines are not working as well as the initial numbers showed

Globally, the 7 day average case and death numbers are on the decline. We're about 20-25% down from the peak on both. Hopefully the US will follow suit. Our case numbers are down a little less than 20%, but deaths are hanging steady for now. Looking forward to the decline in those based on the usual 2 week lag. Texas case numbers are finally coming down, which is helping on cases, and it looks like their deaths are just starting to decline as well, so good news there.

11. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Globally, the 7 day average case and death numbers are on the decline. We're about 20-25% down from the peak on both. Hopefully the US will follow suit. Our case numbers are down a little less than 20%, but deaths are hanging steady for now. Looking forward to the decline in those based on the usual 2 week lag. Texas case numbers are finally coming down, which is helping on cases, and it looks like their deaths are just starting to decline as well, so good news there.
    According to Jax' numbers, we peaked in this country Sept 1st

There is this data:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1

This is consistent with what I said earlier. These vaccines are not working as well as the initial numbers showed
    Well, this is another study: https://theweek.com/coronavirus/1003...o-spread-covid

This is nothing like what they told us when the vaccines were released:

Based on the data, "researchers estimate that fully vaccinated people in this testing round had between around 50 percent to 60 percent reduced risk of infection, including asymptomatic infection, compared to unvaccinated people,"
    That's disappointing. I'm still glad I'm vaccinated but if those numbers continue to plummet, that's problematic

This is nothing like what they told us when the vaccines were released:

That's disappointing. I'm still glad I'm vaccinated but if those numbers continue to plummet, that's problematic
    It's only problematic because half of the population didn't get vaccinated.

Some of you are exhausting. The more people vaccinated, the less covid exists. It's really not that hard and stop posting nonsense studies.

You know what doesn't work, not getting vaxxed, spending time indoors in large crowds unmasked, and being Nickki Minaj's cousin's friend.

17. Likes:

M2 (09-21-2021),WrongVerb (09-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Some of you are exhausting. The more people vaccinated, the less covid exists. It's really not that hard and stop posting nonsense studies.

You know what doesn't work, not getting vaxxed, spending time indoors in large crowds unmasked, and being Nickki Minaj's cousin's friend.
    Who are you referring to? I agree "the more people vaccinated, the less covid exists." Does anyone disagree with that? That's a tangent point to the one I was making

It's only problematic because half of the population didn't get vaccinated.
    It's a reality that many won't get the vaccine. It's disappointing that this vaccine doesn't have better numbers given that reality

Turn Off Ads?