Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is where I've reached as well. I've got a lot of anger towards those choosing not to get vaccinated, and I don't see it going away any time soon. I see the impact on people who are out there dealing with every day, so it's hard for me not to get angry at the people who are responsible.
    Are the vaccines working? Or not?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Are the vaccines working? Or not?
    Kind of an odd question. How are vaccinations NOT working? If you're going to come back with the fact that it's not 100%, don't bother. That's a silly argument a lot of uninformed people are making.

Anti biotics work pretty well, too. But if a doc prescribes them, but the patient doesn't take them, you can't say the anti biotic doesn't work. That's the argument being made and I'm baffled people can't see that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4. Likes:

BernieCarbo (07-29-2021),Larkin Fan (07-30-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021),RFS62 (07-29-2021),westofyou (07-29-2021)

Good news is that we had the hightest number of vaccine doses administered here yesterday since June 18. Bad news is that it was still only 270 doses. But every one helps!

Name:  covid vaccines.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  58.7 KB

Not a lot of ambiguity here.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

7. Likes:

M2 (07-29-2021),RFS62 (07-29-2021)

Kind of an odd question. How are vaccinations NOT working?
    I think the argument is that people are still getting Covid and spreading it even after being vaccinated. Personally, I don't care about getting it (and care much less about spreading it) given the effectiveness of vaccines at preventing serious illness.

Kind of an odd question. How are vaccinations NOT working? If you're going to come back with the fact that it's not 100%, don't bother. That's a silly argument a lot of uninformed people are making.

Anti biotics work pretty well, too. But if a doc prescribes them, but the patient doesn't take them, you can't say the anti biotic doesn't work. That's the argument being made and I'm baffled people can't see that.
    So if they work, then why are unvaxxed being blamed? If you're vaccinated, who cares? My argument isn't what other people's choices are, it's about your own personal choices.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 07-29-2021 at 02:36 PM.

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-30-2021)

So if they work, then why are unvaxxed being blamed? If you're vaccinated, who cares?
    Full hospitals, children, folks who can't get vaccinated, auto-immune humans.

You can care about people even if you don't know them

12. Likes:

Larkin Fan (07-30-2021),RFS62 (07-29-2021)

There's no need to worry about children, though.

So if they work, then why are unvaxxed being blamed? If you're vaccinated, who cares?
    Because kids under 12 are now showing up in hospitals thanks to the new variants.

The new variants continue to gain traction because we haven't achieved herd immunity.

We haven't achieved herd immunity because of the anti vax *******s.

And you think people are throwing shade at anti vaxxers now? If little kids, who have no choice in the matter, start dying from covid, people are gonna start hanging these anti vaxxers up by a noose, downtown at high noon.

Better hope it's just a blip, anti vaxxers. Because "judgement is coming, and that right soon. "
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

15. Likes:

757690 (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Full hospitals, children, folks who can't get vaccinated, auto-immune humans.

You can care about people even if you don't know them
    What's the survival rate of children who have been infected? What's the vaccination rate for 60+? 65+? 70+? 75+?

Auto-immunes and folks who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason are still reasonably safe as long as they do what they have to do. The fact of the matter is, as long as someone isn't old, fat, flabby, lazy, or not have like 2-3 other commorbidities, then we're going to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There's no need to worry about children, though.
    Arkansas Children's hospitals report record high number of children hospitalized with Covid-19
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Because kids under 12 are now showing up in hospitals thanks to the new variants.

The new variants continue to gain traction because we haven't achieved herd immunity.

We haven't achieved herd immunity because of the anti vax *******s.

And you think people are throwing shade at anti vaxxers now? If little kids, who have no choice in the matter, start dying from covid, people are gonna start hanging these anti vaxxers up by a noose, downtown at high noon.

Better hope it's just a blip, anti vaxxers. Because "judgement is coming, and that right soon. "
    What's the survival rate for kids with Covid? What's the surival rate for kids with the flu? I know which shot I'm giving my kids and which one I'm not.

Honestly, I really can't understand the arguments you're making. Why are the unvaxxed being blamed? Because what's going on right now is almost entirely the unvaxxed. What's not to understand? And I live in Jacksonville, which happens to be one of the epicenters right now, so it's impossible not to see the impact. Add to that the fact that my spouse works in healthcare at a hospital right now and I see what it's doing to her and her colleagues. So yes, I blame the unvaxxed for what this is doing to my wife, one of the strongest people I know. I blame the unvaxxed for stretching our local hospitals to the point that every day things that people are being turned away for regular things they'd need to go to the hospital for. I blame the unvaxxed for all the children that are going to have to deal with the death of a parent at such a young age, when it was totally preventable.

This whole things affects a lot more people than just the person getting the virus.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-29-2021),RFS62 (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And that number is?
    You said we don’t have to worry about children and Covid. Tell that to the families of these children.

That is just one easy to find article on the subject. Do some research and you will find your take is incorrect and dangerous. Here is another, there are many more if you make an effort.

Young, unvaccinated people are being hospitalized with Covid-19 as delta variant spreads, officials warn
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?