Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIV

Re: Covid-19, Part XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Man, the way you describe it, I can only come to the conclusion that scientists are lazy morons. Should have left this whole pandemic thing to real estate developers.
    Well, if there was one single point of failure, then we probably should have had one professional team of scientists, and another team wearing bib overalls and straw hats so everybody would feel like they were included.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Well, if there was one single point of failure, then we probably should have had one professional team of scientists, and another team wearing bib overalls and straw hats so everybody would feel like they were included.
    Reporter: And what's your role on this vaccine development team?

Overalls guy: I'm just doing my research.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good Lord, if that is the level of intellect that we are dealing with, it’s no wonder there are so many people turning down the vaccine.

When you have a minute, turn off the sites that you usually get your information from, and take out a pad of paper and write down the number of people who are having problems after being vaccinated, and then write down the number of people who are not having problems after the vaccine. Compare the two, and you will realize that people who have a problem are far more likely to go on social media and tell us about it. You really sound like one of my former friends who said “ I have four friends who died from the vaccine!”
    Do you think maybe, just maybe all of these things are true:

1) The vaccine is saving lives

2) The vaccine is keeping people from suffering

3) Many people are still getting seriously ill even though they're fully vaccinated

4) The vaccine is not protecting us as well as they thought it would

5) Delta is worse than what was around when the vax was researched

6) It's a really good idea to get vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do you think maybe, just maybe all of these things are true:

1) The vaccine is saving lives

2) The vaccine is keeping people from suffering

3) Many people are still getting seriously ill even though they're fully vaccinated

4) The vaccine is not protecting us as well as they thought it would

5) Delta is worse than what was around when the vax was researched

6) It's a really good idea to get vaccinated
    Three and four are not true. Or, at least qualify "many", because it will be a very small percentage of the vaccinated, and most likely they caught it from someone who was not vaccinated anyway.

Who is they in point number 4?

7. Likes:

dabvu2498 (09-28-2021)

You know, "them":

Name:  OH-VUH!.png
Views: 160
Size:  30.5 KB
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

"They" is the pharmaceutical companies that espoused 95% protection nearly a year ago

Three and four are not true. Or, at least qualify "many", because it will be a very small percentage of the vaccinated, and most likely they caught it from someone who was not vaccinated anyway.
    Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204.amp

Hmmm. Wanna guess who the other two thirds are?

Nearly 13% of hospital patients with confirmed Covid were unvaccinated.
    I wonder about the other 87%...Hmmm. I guess they must be vaccinated...

"They" is the pharmaceutical companies that espoused 95% protection nearly a year ago
    I don't know, this article from Yale Medicine seems to think the vaccine is pretty good: https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

12. Likes:

M2 (09-28-2021)

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204.amp

Hmmm. Wanna guess who the other two thirds are?

I wonder about the other 87%...Hmmm. I guess they must be vaccinated...
    God, I know numbers are hard, but the article even uses small words to explain the conclusion:

"The sheer numbers of people vaccinated - nearly 95% of those over 60 and 84% of those under 60 - mean that statistically, double-vaccinated people will still be a significant proportion of hospital patients. But, without the vaccine, those hospital numbers might be even higher."

I don't know, this article from Yale Medicine seems to think the vaccine is pretty good: https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison
    I agree "they're pretty good" but from your article:

As far as the Delta variant, two studies reported by Public Health England that have not yet been peer reviewed showed that full vaccination after two doses is 88% effective against symptomatic disease and 96% effective against hospitalization. But Israel later reported the vaccine’s effectiveness to be 90% effective against severe disease, and 39% against infection in its population in late June and early July, based on an analysis of the country's national health statistics.
    39%. Was that number around a year ago or is that a recent finding?

- - - Updated - - -

God, I know numbers are hard, but the article even uses small words to explain the conclusion:

"The sheer numbers of people vaccinated - nearly 95% of those over 60 and 84% of those under 60 - mean that statistically, double-vaccinated people will still be a significant proportion of hospital patients. But, without the vaccine, those hospital numbers might be even higher."
    That's a tangent point.

I agree "they're pretty good" but from your article:

39%. Was that number around a year ago or is that a recent finding?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a tangent point.
    Why do you always defer to Israel and not all of the other countries? The article didn't even provide a link, and if you google "Israel covid vaccine effectiveness", it clearly states that Israel is getting completely different results but the methodology is not revealed. But it seems to be the go-to for the vaccine skeptics.

I'm acknowledging your points Bernie. I agree that the vaccine is good. I agree that w/o it hospital numbers/illness would be much higher. My point is that it's not 90-95% effective like they told us a year ago. It's likely due to the Delta variant. It's too early to say exactly what the number is but it's not as effective as they'd "hoped" given the numbers they fed us at the time. It appears that these numbers (effectiveness) are continuing to decline, hence the talk of boosters needed.

How 'bout you acknowledge my points like I have yours and then we can move on?

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-28-2021)

Why do you always defer to Israel and not all of the other countries? The article didn't even provide a link, and if you google "Israel covid vaccine effectiveness", it clearly states that Israel is getting completely different results but the methodology is not revealed. But it seems to be the go-to for the vaccine skeptics.
    Israel is a research petri dish for vaccine effectiveness 'cause that's the deal Pfizer set up with them a long time ago. Did you not hear about that?

The 39% number came out months ago. I'm pretty sure I linked it at the time but here you go:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delt...e-illness.html

Turn Off Ads?