5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-23-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball '21-'22: Welcome back Woody

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-23-2021)

The Woodson era tips off tonight at 6 against Eastern Michigan. Go Hoosiers!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The Woodson era tips off tonight at 6 against Eastern Michigan. Go Hoosiers!
    Anxious moments last night, but at least they held on for the win. Still - and I realize that it was the opening game - the looming issues of poor 3 point marksmanship and bricking free throws seem quite alarming, and it may come down to actually being on the receiving end of fortunate breaks for a change.

IMHO, should even half of the breaks go 'our' way, which wasn't the case at all during the Miller era, the Hoosiers should return to NCAA tournament play. That's a start.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-10-2021),dubc47834 (11-10-2021),Hoosier Red (11-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Anxious moments last night, but at least they held on for the win. Still - and I realize that it was the opening game - the looming issues of poor 3 point marksmanship and bricking free throws seem quite alarming, and it may come down to actually being on the receiving end of fortunate breaks for a change.

IMHO, should even half of the breaks go 'our' way, which wasn't the case at all during the Miller era, the Hoosiers should return to NCAA tournament play. That's a start.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Things were going according to plan until about 15 minutes to go. 21 point lead and then the bottom fell out. Archie ball reared it's ugly head.

And I think IU fans better get used to the opponents fouling down the stretch until the Hoosiers prove they can make them. And personally I don't think we have anybody that can be a consistent 3-pt. threat. I hope I am wrong and that someone will develop.

But a NCAAT birth is what most fans are after and I think we will easily get that.

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-11-2021),Revering4Blue (11-10-2021)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Things were going according to plan until about 15 minutes to go. 21 point lead and then the bottom fell out. Archie ball reared it's ugly head.

And I think IU fans better get used to the opponents fouling down the stretch until the Hoosiers prove they can make them. And personally I don't think we have anybody that can be a consistent 3-pt. threat. I hope I am wrong and that someone will develop.

But a NCAAT birth is what most fans are after and I think we will easily get that.
    I don't know about easily, but I do think they should make the field. I think we have a couple ugly losses early as Woody has a lot of coaching to do. If the new guys don't turn out to be better shooters than what we had last year, we aren't going to get much better results. TJD can only do so much in the post. If he hasn't developed some sort of jumper other teams are just going to pack it in on him. It's for sure gonna be an interesting season. I'm a believer in Woodson tho!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I don't know about easily, but I do think they should make the field. I think we have a couple ugly losses early as Woody has a lot of coaching to do. If the new guys don't turn out to be better shooters than what we had last year, we aren't going to get much better results. TJD can only do so much in the post. If he hasn't developed some sort of jumper other teams are just going to pack it in on him. It's for sure gonna be an interesting season. I'm a believer in Woodson tho!
    It was just the 1st game under a new regime. So it is best to see how they fare the next game. If the 3-pt shooting woes continue I suspect that Woody might be forced insert Leal into the line-up in some shape or form. It is also worth noting that Lander is also still on the bench.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-11-2021),Hoosier Red (11-11-2021),Revering4Blue (11-11-2021)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

It was just the 1st game under a new regime. So it is best to see how they fare the next game. If the 3-pt shooting woes continue I suspect that Woody might be forced insert Leal into the line-up in some shape or form. It is also worth noting that Lander is also still on the bench.
    I agree with all your points. It's probably not going to be till late December when we see what this is going to be for the year. Woody has done some great things so far, and I expect he will continue to do the same.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-11-2021),Hoosier Red (11-11-2021)

One thing that will help the overall free throw percentage is if Johnson can be a decent free throw shooter. Last year they had Al who was a good FT shooter but I never felt like Al really scared teams as a penetrator so he couldn't force fouls the way hopefully Johnson and Bates can.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-11-2021),Revering4Blue (11-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    One thing that will help the overall free throw percentage is if Johnson can be a decent free throw shooter. Last year they had Al who was a good FT shooter but I never felt like Al really scared teams as a penetrator so he couldn't force fouls the way hopefully Johnson and Bates can.
    LOL on AL. Seemed like more than half the time he would charge into the lane and throw up some circus attempt and pray for the whistle while laying on his backside under the basket.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-12-2021),Hoosier Red (11-11-2021)

Much better showing last night.

23. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-15-2021),Hillsdale87 (11-13-2021)

4-0 and got to see some of the Lander potential.

Woody has regained a home field advantage for the Hoosiers - the test is now if they can win a few games on the road. Yesterday's performance against Minnesota was good, but they need to be consistent in trying to get the ball inside to the two big guys and let them distribute the ball when they can't get to the basket - the 3 pointers they were successful with yesterday were largely on the inside-out game.

26. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-10-2022)

Turn Off Ads?