Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Rumors

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    All of you damn well better stop questioning Bob's desire to win. Vindication!
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Problem for the Reds is they don't have a surplus of quality pieces to deal without decimating the team in the short term. I feel like Naquin might be the best chip they can afford to deal if they still want to contend in 2021. Nobody would give much for Geno at this point.

Whoops.

Wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Problem for the Reds is they don't have a surplus of quality pieces to deal without decimating the team in the short term. I feel like Naquin might be the best chip they can afford to deal if they still want to contend in 2021. Nobody would give much for Geno at this point.
    Naquin had a good 20-25 game stretch to start the season, but then he fell off. He doesn't have any real value.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Naquin had a good 20-25 game stretch to start the season, but then he fell off. He doesn't have any real value.
    He's no superstar, but he has put up good enough numbers this year that some team desperate for outfield help might give up something useful for him.

He's no superstar, but he has put up good enough numbers this year that some team desperate for outfield help might give up something useful for him.
    He's got a 91 OPS+ and is below average defensively. Even his splits tell you he's not a great platoon option. He's a 4th/5th OFer.

Nobody is going to give up anything for that.

OPS by month…
    March/April - .914
    May - .728
    June - .744
    July - .630

He’s shouldn’t be an everyday player.
    Last edited by HammerTime; 07-24-2021 at 11:08 PM.

9. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (07-24-2021),mth123 (07-25-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-25-2021)

Naquin is a quality big league bench player. Much better than relying on the Jankowskis, Paytons and Heinemans of the world, but if he's one of your starting outfielders, your team has issues. He might fetch a lotto ticket, but not much else.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-25-2021)

Naquin’s role this year has been as a replacement for Senzel in CF. It’s not his position, but he’s done well as a fill-in player.

Now, with Castellanos out, Naquin has additional value to the Reds. I’m not sure how they will use Senzel but it doesn’t seem like a time to reduce OF depth.

So unless the offer is very strong, I wouldn’t view Naquin as expendable right now for 2021.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-25-2021 at 10:17 AM.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-25-2021),mth123 (07-25-2021),redsmetz (07-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Naquin’s role this year has been as a replacement for Senzel in CF. It’s not his position, but he’s done well as a fill-in player.

Now, with Castellanos out, Naquin has additional value to the Reds. I’m not sure how they will use Senzel but it doesn’t seem like a time to reduce OF depth.

So unless the offer is very strong, I wouldn’t view Naquin as expendable right now for 2021.
    Agreed. He has more value as a role player than anything he could get in trade.

I'm still on record that this team should be preparing to sell, but its not time to sell yet unless they just get completely bowled over and with Cast out, the only guy I'd expect any decent return for is Barnhart. I wouldn't trade Castillo, Gray, Miley or Mahle. Those guys are the basis for contending in 2022.

They should be buying bullpen help that can help next year as well right now.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-25-2021 at 10:21 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

Gary Redus (07-25-2021),REDREAD (07-26-2021)

The outfield has some depth and strength this season, but it will be a concern in 2021 (minus Castellanos).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    They should be buying bullpen help that can help next year as well right now.
    The Reds claimed they were doing that last year with Bradley, who could have been a big help right about now.

Well done, Bob.

18. Likes:

Kc61 (07-25-2021),mth123 (07-25-2021),REDREAD (07-25-2021)

Naquin hasn’t been good in months. Over his last 30 games, for example, he has a .601 OPS. A .284 OBP. He has reverted solidly to a pumpkin.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Naquin hasn’t been good in months. Over his last 30 games, for example, he has a .601 OPS. A .284 OBP. He has reverted solidly to a pumpkin.
    Reds have only four outfielders on their active roster. And Shogo’s OPS is .501. So I’ll take a pumpkin to provide some OF depth rather than trade him for, likely, next to nothing.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (07-26-2021)

Reds have only four outfielders on their active roster. And Shogo’s OPS is .501. So I’ll take a pumpkin to provide some OF depth rather than trade him for, likely, next to nothing.
    Yeah, that’s fine. I’m simply saying Naquin doesn’t have any value on the trade market and is actually bad. Shogo being awful doesn’t make a bad player good.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?