Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Rumors

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Optioning Hendrix would be the obvious move.
    That's a givens.

2. Likes:

757690 (07-29-2021),Brisco (07-29-2021),Coopdaddy67 (07-29-2021),cumberlandreds (07-29-2021),forfreelin04 (07-29-2021),mth123 (07-29-2021),NebraskaRed (07-29-2021),UKFlounder (07-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I saw this in an article.

Attachment 17491
    I’m loving how excited it seems Givens is to be a Red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

5. Likes:

goreds2 (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I think they’re done with the BP, but I could see them adding a starter who is marginally better than Vlad for the fifth spot in the rotation if one can be had for cheap.

To me, Farmer is nice as a Jerry Hairston Jr type who can fill in wherever for a semi-extended period in the event of an injury. But he should never really be counted on to be the regular at any one spot. Hopefully we see an acquisition or Barrero is ready to step in when Farmer inevitably tails off a bit.
    Maybe Farmer’s a guy who just needed a regular opportunity. Maybe he won’t crash and burn. He seems like a pretty sound player to me. (Jerry Hairston came to Reds with thousands of PAs, different case.)

I don’t see a basis to project that Farmer would be a star, but he could continue to have a meaningful role on the Reds if they keep him.

For example, I could easily see Barrero and Farmer sharing shortstop next year with Farmer also being a primary backup at other infield positions. Just have to give it more time and see if he continues to play well.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-29-2021 at 09:34 AM.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-29-2021),goreds2 (07-29-2021),redsmetz (07-29-2021),wally post (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I’m loving how excited it seems Givens is to be a Red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was born in Tampa in 1990. The Reds still had a presence among the fanbase in the Tampa area in the early 90's.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

With the three new relievers, what are Reds still looking for this deadline?

1. Shortstop seems covered for awhile with Jose Barrero and Kyle Farmer. I could see a star, maybe Trevor Story, on a rental, but wouldn’t give up the prospects.

2. A vet starting pitcher with control (both in the pitching and contractual sense) is always helpful, but not essential right now. Probably wouldn’t give up the prospects.

3. OF is the place I might look. Only Winker is clear for now and next season. Senzel’s return will help, but if there’s an opportunity for a good outfielder I’d be interested.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-29-2021 at 11:34 AM.

10. Likes:

mth123 (07-29-2021),REDREAD (07-29-2021)

That’s what they did and they sold Goudreau to Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Optioning Hendrix would be the obvious move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

1. Shortstop seems covered for awhile with Jose Barrero and Kyle Farmer. I could see a star, maybe Trevor Story, on a rental, but wouldn’t give up the prospects.

2. A vet starting pitcher with control (both in the pitching and contractual sense) is always helpful, but not essential right now. Probably wouldn’t give up the prospects.

3. OF is the place I might look. Only Winker is clear for now and next season. Senzel’s return will help, but if there’s an opportunity for a good outfielder I’d be interested.
    I'd like to see Cincinnati target a guy who can play both SS and CF. If Cleveland goes full tank, perhaps they'd be interested in dealing Amed Rosario?

An outside-the-box trade could be to take on Jason Heyward's last two seasons of that gargantuan contract along with Craig Kimbrel and, say, top prospect Brennen Davis. That'd work with any team that has a massive contract on its books, fwiw.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 07-29-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

I think a solid starting pitcher is actually pretty important, maybe more important than SS/CF. I'm just not confident Sonny is gonna hold up or perform consistently
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

forfreelin04 (07-29-2021),Mitri (07-29-2021),REDREAD (07-29-2021)

Seems the Reds have a good rapport with Colorado.

Vlad, Santillan and Siani for Marquez. Yes I know, they are adamant about keeping Marquez, but man, that would be a perfect pickup.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Some Nick Senzel rumors floating around, but they don't appear to be from anyone serious at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I think a solid starting pitcher is actually pretty important, maybe more important than SS/CF. I'm just not confident Sonny is gonna hold up or perform consistently
    I agree. Reds have 60 games remaining, that's 11-12 games where their chances could be improved by a new acquisition. And if they go and get a non-rental, they could look to move one of the vets (Sonny or Miley) in the offseason.

I like Alcantara as a target, he'd be a really good back-end innings eater. And cheap, too.

18. Likes:

REDREAD (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Some Nick Senzel rumors floating around, but they don't appear to be from anyone serious at this point.
    Yes I just read the Marlins are interested in Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I agree. Reds have 60 games remaining, that's 11-12 games where their chances could be improved by a new acquisition. And if they go and get a non-rental, they could look to move one of the vets (Sonny or Miley) in the offseason.

I like Alcantara as a target, he'd be a really good back-end innings eater. And cheap, too.
    Wouldn’t mind a cheap pickup of a BOR guy, essentially as insurance for potential injuries this year.

But a bigger ticket starting pitcher, I’d hate to give up the major prospects. Reds will need to use Hunter Greene and Nick Lodolo soon and I’d rather go that route. From among Miley, Gray, Castillo, Mahle, Gutierrez, Greene, Lodolo, they could come up with the 2022 rotation. 2021, I’d take my chances.

It’s always tempting to add a front line starter, so I’d never say never, just reluctant to give up the prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Yes I just read the Marlins are interested in Senzel
    I'm not sure I could make a deal work with Miami without demanding a guy they wouldn't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'm not sure I could make a deal work with Miami without demanding a guy they wouldn't give up.
    Yeah I really hope they aren't thinking about including Senzel in a deal for Miguel Rojas.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

23. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?