Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Rumors

Re: Reds Trade Rumors

Whether the Reds try for pitching, OF, SS at the deadline the question is what prospects they are giving up.

No seller wants your expensive veterans or your cast offs. These are building teams that want young, cheap, good assets.

They are likely asking for Greene, Lodolo, Barrero, India, Stephenson, maybe Ashcraft. Those guys likely won’t go, but Reds have to respond with other names. That response is the issue on the table.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-26-2021 at 04:17 PM.

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-26-2021),Revering4Blue (07-26-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If the Reds are to make any move to go for it this year, it needs to be bullpen, a 4th/5th starter, and more bullpen. Farmer is holding down the SS position until Senzel/Barrero/Moose is ready. But making a move for a SS just doesn't change the glaring hole for this team.

And when I say Moose, I mean to move Suarez back to SS so he can play 3B and leave India at 2B

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Whether the Reds try for pitching, OF, SS at the deadline the question is what prospects they are giving up.

No seller wants your expensive veterans or your cast offs. These are building teams that want young, cheap, good assets.

They are likely asking for Greene, Lodolo, Barrero, India, Stephenson, maybe Ashcraft. Those guys likely won’t go, but Reds have to respond with other names. That response is the issue on the table.
    This is where teams like SDP, TBR, LAD, etc have such an advantage. The depth of their solid but not great prospects is expansive so they have a long list of "other names" to choose from.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

6. Likes:

Kc61 (07-26-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Revering4Blue (07-26-2021)

If Reds only traded for a SS and got zero bullpen help, it would be like adding one deck chair on the Titanic and saying "See, we're covered". SS is NOT the problem. Several other positions hitting worse than Farmer right now.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

It would be nice to get a juicy trade rumor, just to have something to sink our teeth into while they (hopefully) get some deals done.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

Hubba (07-26-2021),Kc61 (07-26-2021),Old school 1983 (07-26-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Rojo Rijo (07-26-2021)

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

@JonHeyman
    Brewers also have checked in on Trevor Story. Their Adames pickup has been the best in-season move but they seek another big bat. This would clearly qualify.
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...056694791?s=20

@ByRobertMurray (Robert Murray)
    Donaldson is one of the names the Brewers are considering. As reported this morning, they are exploring third base upgrades in addition to first base and bullpen help. No stones being left unturned.
    https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...895791104?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    If the Reds are to make any move to go for it this year, it needs to be bullpen, a 4th/5th starter, and more bullpen. Farmer is holding down the SS position until Senzel/Barrero/Moose is ready. But making a move for a SS just doesn't change the glaring hole for this team.

And when I say Moose, I mean to move Suarez back to SS so he can play 3B and leave India at 2B
    Farmer is an infinitely better defensive SS than Geno, and he's also out hitting him by 50 ops points. Geno's current OPS is lower than Billy Hamilton's career OPS. The sooner the Reds get Suarez out of the lineup the better.

I think they're going to have to do better than a back end SP if Gray isn't right. I don't trust Mahle is a post season setting. We have Castillo, Miley, and 3 question marks right now.

13. Likes:

RedsfaninMT (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    If Brewers add a big bat to their pitching, that'll be all she wrote for the division.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021),Revering4Blue (07-27-2021)

Baseball means warmth Joeyjection19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yes, it’s a bad pen, but the front office made moves to improve it and it improved.
    Name:  dd0.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  32.4 KB

It's too late at this point. I'm disheartened that there aren't any "sell" rumors outside of the inevitable Castillo inquiries. Barnhart ought to be gone by the end of the week.

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-27-2021),Old school 1983 (07-27-2021)

Not sure where to put this, but I guess this is one of our "acquisions".. By Tuesday, he means today.

Lucas Sims will head to Triple-A on Tuesday to begin a rehab assignment, per Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer (via Twitter). Sims has seven saves, but just a 5.02 ERA in 28 appearances.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but I guess this is one of our "acquisions".. By Tuesday, he means today.
    Sooooo, help is on the way?

20. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

“Just a 5.02 ERA”

22. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Yep, figured this out a few weeks back, FO will do almost nothing at the deadline and then tout the returns of Antone, Sims, Senzel, and Moose as our "additions".

Really looking forward to us doing nothing while the Cubs sell off Bryant, Rizzo, and Kimbrell and load up their farm.

24. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    Name:  dd0.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  32.4 KB

It's too late at this point. I'm disheartened that there aren't any "sell" rumors outside of the inevitable Castillo inquiries. Barnhart ought to be gone by the end of the week.
    The Reds are not going to trade Barnhart this year. In fact i think they exercise his option for next year. The starting pitching will be taken care of when two out of the three of Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft arrive. They need another excellent reliever to complement Antone. Preferably a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Yep, figured this out a few weeks back, FO will do almost nothing at the deadline and then tout the returns of Antone, Sims, Senzel, and Moose as our "additions".

Really looking forward to us doing nothing while the Cubs sell off Bryant, Rizzo, and Kimbrell and load up their farm.
    Yea, and the Brewers are rumored to be looking for a big bat, they will probably get it done, further widening the gap.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?