Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 410

Thread: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

  1. #391
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    830

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    We can’t count on injured pitchers. That’s a fools errand.

  2. Likes:

    Cursh14 (07-25-2021),KeefeCato (07-24-2021),M2 (07-24-2021),Roy Tucker (07-25-2021),Tony Cloninger (07-24-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #392
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    615

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    We can’t count on injured pitchers. That’s a fools errand.
    Yeah. The need to at least go out and get a RH and a LH reliever. To help out Hembree. It would be nice to have 3 reliable options to go to innings 7-9 with a lead.

  5. Likes:

    Fil3232 (07-24-2021),Tony Cloninger (07-24-2021)

  6. #393
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,256

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    That "100" spooks the hell out of guys like Bell who don't realize it's a meaningless figure.
    It's the distance they train to pitch. Could they throw 150 pitches? Sure, and an 800 meter runner can run a mile, just not as fast. 100 pitches isn't an exact number. Castillo had it working for 107 pitches tonight. But it's the general line they're looking to run through.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  7. Likes:

    Fil3232 (07-24-2021),KeefeCato (07-24-2021),Ron Madden (07-24-2021)

  8. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf_Red_E View Post
    Biggest win of the season
    bull(ish).

    final game of the world series will be bigger.

  9. Likes:

    goreds2 (07-25-2021),Roy Tucker (07-25-2021)

  10. #395
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    615

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's the distance they train to pitch. Could they throw 150 pitches? Sure, and an 800 meter runner can run a mile, just not as fast. 100 pitches isn't an exact number. Castillo had it working for 107 pitches tonight. But it's the general line they're looking to run through.
    What people don't realize pitchers are now trained at 100 pitches for several years before they ever reach the majors. Why risk injury or ask a guy to do something he has never or seldom ever done throw 110 plus pitches?

  11. Likes:

    Ron Madden (07-24-2021)

  12. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    13,117

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Joey Votto has a higher OPS than every Cardinal starter.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. Likes:

    757690 (07-24-2021),Bourgeois Zee (07-24-2021),BRM13 (07-24-2021),Cursh14 (07-25-2021),forfreelin04 (07-25-2021),JarrodOnVinyl (07-24-2021),KeefeCato (07-24-2021),M2 (07-24-2021),Powder River (07-24-2021),Ron Madden (07-24-2021),Roy Tucker (07-25-2021),Stray (07-24-2021)

  14. #397
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    192

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Most encouraging part of tonight's win is Winker appears to be heating up again.

  15. Likes:

    forfreelin04 (07-25-2021),goreds2 (07-25-2021),KeefeCato (07-24-2021),Monster Man (07-24-2021)

  16. #398
    Member traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH area
    Posts
    19,656

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's the distance they train to pitch. Could they throw 150 pitches? Sure, and an 800 meter runner can run a mile, just not as fast. 100 pitches isn't an exact number. Castillo had it working for 107 pitches tonight. But it's the general line they're looking to run through.
    The problem is its become a standard blindly applied, increasingly so with the current generation of managers
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

  17. #399
    Member KeefeCato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    615

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Joey Votto has a higher OPS than every Cardinal starter.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Surely not. I had a guy on here tell me he has been bad for several seasons and was grossly over payed.

  18. #400
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Even though I think there are some situations based on way the game has played out where I would like to see the around 100 pitch mark ignored I do get the training and arm aspect of it. Plus, if your BP can't hold that lead in two innings then none of it really matters anyway, lol.

  19. #401
    Member Alf_Red_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    bull(ish).

    final game of the world series will be bigger.
    Not if they are not in the World Series... they can only take care of today... not tomorrow, not yesterday... just win today... Tomorrow's game is shaping up to be the biggest game of the season.

  20. Likes:

    JFLegal (07-24-2021)

  21. #402
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,256

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The problem is its become a standard blindly applied, increasingly so with the current generation of managers
    It makes sense not to ask them to dig deep too often. 107 pitches is no big deal, but if a guy gets out to and past 120 that's a hefty check to write on his arm, especially given how they air it out these days. Johan Santana effectively melted his arm with a 134-pitch no-hitter. He already was rich and accomplished. I'm sure he'd do it again, but there wasn't much left in his well after that night. He had a 2.38 ERA through 11 games after that game. He'd pitch another 10 games, totaling 49 IP, with an 8.27 ERA in those games.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  22. Likes:

    KeefeCato (07-24-2021),Ron Madden (07-24-2021)

  23. #403
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It makes sense not to ask them to dig deep too often. 107 pitches is no big deal, but if a guy gets out to and past 120 that's a hefty check to write on his arm, especially given how they air it out these days. Johan Santana effectively melted his arm with a 134-pitch no-hitter. He already was rich and accomplished. I'm sure he'd do it again, but there wasn't much left in his well after that night. He had a 2.38 ERA through 11 games after that game. He'd pitch another 10 games, totaling 49 IP, with an 8.27 ERA in those games.
    damn, i had almost forgotten about johan santana.

  24. #404
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    998

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    It's truly shocking the difference between Castillo now and the first 2 months of the year.

    Since his start on May 29th, his ERA has gone down 3.5 runs to a less pukeworthy 4.12.

  25. Likes:

    M2 (07-24-2021)

  26. #405
    Member HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,266

    Re: 7-24-21 Reds vs Cardinals 7:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    It's truly shocking the difference between Castillo now and the first 2 months of the year.

    Since his start on May 29th, his ERA has gone down 3.5 runs to a less pukeworthy 4.12.
    1.56 ERA last 10.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator