Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Collegiate Conference Realignment

Re: Future Collegiate Conference Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I have a hard time believing BYU being invited or accepting an invite.
    They were reported to be the #1 choice because they have less red tape being an independent in football. Some reports suggest they will be in the Big12 for the 2022 season. If you are referring to the anti-LDS crowd that makes noise about BYU....not sure it holds a lot of water when Baylor is in the conference.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Chip R (09-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

I am not real high on UCF. Yes they have geography on their side, but they are the obvious #4 team in the state, and fend off everyone for Florida recruits.
    Not sure I understand....they could be #4 in the state for recruits, but it is Florida....so they are still in a better recruiting position than most other teams. Also, they would love to be #4 and only fighting off the Big 3 FL schools....but half of the FBS programs recruit Florida. UCF is way out in front of schools like Houston and Cincinnati in regards to facilities...both in place and currently in progress. I personally think it is a foolish bet for anyone to bet against UCF.
    Last edited by adkindo; 09-04-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If UCF becomes routinely in NY6 bowls that would be shocking
    Maybe routinely is a strong word if that indicates every year or 2 out of 3 years. I just meant I think they can get to a level where they get there on a pace similar to a Penn State.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Per the Athletic and confirmed by ESPN and others.....the Big12 expects to receive 4 applications for membership next week and will approve within a week of receiving.

Per Brett McMurphy, 4 other schools were considered....USF, Boise State, SMU and Memphis. The Big12 has informed them they will remain open to expanding again at a later date, and they will remain under consideration if that happens. It is believed that would be when the current media deal concludes.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

https://twitter.com/SHPawdcast/statu...23326179315721

*Average sp+ ranking*

Expected Future Big 12: 45.2
    Pac 12: 48.8
    ACC: 55.9

Expected Future Big 12: 51.1
    Pac 12: 52.1
    ACC: 58.4

Expected Future Big 12: 48.9
    Pac 12: 49.7
    ACC: 54.6
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    They were reported to be the #1 choice because they have less red tape being an independent in football. Some reports suggest they will be in the Big12 for the 2022 season. If you are referring to the anti-LDS crowd that makes noise about BYU....not sure it holds a lot of water when Baylor is in the conference.
    Personally, I think BYU is a great get for you guys(Big 12). I think UCF has the potential to be the best team in Florida in upcoming years. Houston and UC are solid gets.

9. Likes:

adkindo (09-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Personally, I think BYU is a great get for you guys(Big 12). I think UCF has the potential to be the best team in Florida in upcoming years. Houston and UC are solid gets.
    Yeah, as I have told others....it will be solid per the strength metrics, but it just does not have even 1 of those massive brands that draws money for media contracts. It is what it is....the schools will need to do what it takes to get the money to a level where they can at least continue to compete at the P5 level on the field. If that is playing on some weekdays or similar things....then you do it.

One thing I do not know what to make of is in almost every report, there is a line how the Big12 "may" have another round of expansion before their next television contract. It is not that it is good or bad on its face.....I just find it interesting that they keep mentioning it. I mean the Big10 "may" expand at some point, but they do not make the point of telling us all the time.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Big Ten Rumored To Be Adding Four Prominent Schools This Week

The Big Ten has spearheaded the movement. The storied conference adds USC and UCLA in 2024. It may not be done, either.

Barstool Sports' Jack McGuire is hearing a rumor that the Big Ten is adding four schools this week: Clemson, Florida State, Oregon and Washington.

That would poach two universities from the ACC - arguably its top-two athletics programs - and two from the Pac-12 - arguably its best as well, even with USC and UCLA in the mix.
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...gon-washington

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

If that happens, UNC and UVA to the SEC.

Would be really surprised if the B1G goes after Clemson and Free Shoes University.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If that happens, UNC and UVA to the SEC.

Would be really surprised if the B1G goes after Clemson and Free Shoes University.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

I said this in another thread on the topic, but the ACC schools aren't just free to jump ship without ceding their future TV revenue to the conference due to the long-term grant of rights the conference members have signed well into the 2030s. Their members (especially Clemon, Florida State and so forth) don't like being stuck as they continue to fall behind other conferences that aren't locked in that long, at least from a financial standpoint, but their lawyers haven't been able to figure out a way out to date. That could change in the future, of course, but this isn't a new problem for them. Maybe it'd work if enough of their teams want out so badly that the conference falls apart, and the GoR no longer applies.

A lot of reports that the PAC will present a media rights deal to its members tomorrow. Also a lot of reports that base pay might be around $20M per member. If true, that's not great and may be the end of the PAC. Crazy times.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

And just think, it was a year ago that everyone was saying the Big 12 was dead. The landscape changes so rapidly.

Go Irish!

16. Likes:

wolfboy (07-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    A lot of reports that the PAC will present a media rights deal to its members tomorrow. Also a lot of reports that base pay might be around $20M per member. If true, that's not great and may be the end of the PAC. Crazy times.
    It could be a coincidence and completely unrelated, but the Arizona Board of Regents called a meeting for tomorrow. Colorado's (and others) did something similar before news broke about their move, so that's sometimes a precursor.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-31-2023),Revering4Blue (08-01-2023),wolfboy (07-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    And just think, it was a year ago that everyone was saying the Big 12 was dead. The landscape changes so rapidly.

Go Irish!
    At that time the PAC could have ended the B12. It chose not to because it thought it was too good to take on B12 teams. And now here we are - potentially one of the biggest comedy of errors in college sports history.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-01-2023),RiverfrontRed (07-31-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    At that time the PAC could have ended the B12. It chose not to because it thought it was too good to take on B12 teams. And now here we are - potentially one of the biggest comedy of errors in college sports history.
    They've had many.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?