Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lorenzen activated Santillan sent down

Re: Lorenzen activated Santillan sent down

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    One can hope but you know Bell will have him pinch running and playing D.
    I would. It's part of his skill set.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-30-2021),Stray (07-31-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I mean, Santillan can start too.
    Not without considerable stretching out after converting to short relief.

And I doubt it’s best for Tony to go from starter - to short relief - back to starter within a period of weeks.

So, no he can’t.

Anybody else wish they'd have sent Lorenzen on rehab to stretch out as a starter? They seem be vulnerable there and the original plan was Lorenzen in the rotation and I don't think anyone wants to see Hoffman get another start. Santillan was pitching well and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Lorenzen is. Hoffman or Doolittle should have been guys to go before Santillan IMO.

This was a tactical error IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Surprised he’s back so quickly. He’s not running or playing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Anybody else wish they'd have sent Lorenzen on rehab to stretch out as a starter? They seem be vulnerable there and the original plan was Lorenzen in the rotation and I don't think anyone wants to see Hoffman get another start. Santillan was pitching well and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Lorenzen is. Hoffman or Doolittle should have been guys to go before Santillan IMO.

I think if it was a little earlier in the season you could go that route but I'd rather have Lorenzen available the rest of the way then having him spend a few more weeks in Louisville.

They might be able to stretch him out for starts at the big league level as well, they've done that before.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-30-2021)

No. They need Lorenzen in the bullpen now. Can’t waste him in AAA for 3 weeks getting stretched out especially coming off a shoulder issue.

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    No. They need Lorenzen in the bullpen now. Can’t waste him in AAA for 3 weeks getting stretched out especially coming off a shoulder issue.
    if the idea was to upgrade the bullpen, then keep Santillan and cut Hoffman or Doolittle. This move basically upgrades Louisville's bullpen.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (07-30-2021)

No hitting unless it’s an emergency PH situation. No running please. He might just avoid moving at all with all those muscles.

I don't change the way you use him. He is what he is, and you take advantage of what he brings to the table and use him accordingly.

He could have just as easily pulled his hamstring running to first to cover the bag on a ground ball to the right side.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-30-2021),Ron Madden (07-30-2021),Stray (07-31-2021)

if the idea was to upgrade the bullpen, then keep Santillan and cut Hoffman or Doolittle. This move basically upgrades Louisville's bullpen.
    Eyes need to be on 2022 as well. Santillan had a 5.40 ERA in 6 relief outings, it's not like we just sent down Pedro Martinez.

With 6 of the 9 players in the pen currently set for FA, another 1 likely non-tendered they can't just cut players they may need down the road.

And for all we know, 2 or 3 of these guys are back on the IL in a couple of weeks and then you're left trying to find fill-in's - and the guys you just cut won't be there.

Let’s see how it goes. Reds stuck with their veterans, Hoffman can start if needed, Doolittle has a lot of experience down the stretch. Neither had options.

Santillan was the guy with options, the situation is fluid. I like Santillan quite a bit and I think we’ll see him again soon.

Turn Off Ads?