Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: India ROY?

Re: India ROY?

I actually looked for some betting odds after what a good 2020 at the Alternate Site and 2021 Spring Training he had this year thinking I could get some pretty good odds. Unfortunately I couldn't find any and didn't put any more effort into it. He definitely has a shot considering some of the Starting Pitchers ahead of him will likely get shut down soon.

I believe India (1.9) is just behind Rogers (2.9) and Anderson(2.5) in bWAR and just ahead of Wisdom (1.8). Carlson (1.5) and Jazz (1.2) are a bit further back.
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-02-2021 at 08:10 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Winker isn't an MVP candidate. Every contending team has guys in the middle of the lineup that can hit.
    The Brewers don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes:

CaiGuy (08-03-2021),Griffey012 (08-03-2021),Stray (08-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Brewers don’t.

Yep, India himself would have the highest 2021 OPS on their team.

The Brewers don’t.

So you're saying that India wouldn't be as good on the Brewers? Or did you fail to see the point that poster was arguing?

To me India is a clear front runner for ROY

8. Likes:

757690 (08-03-2021),Benihana (08-03-2021),Griffey012 (08-03-2021),MR X (08-17-2021),wolfboy (08-07-2021)

India being featured on MLB network in a few, FYI.

I never saw India as a solid leadoff hitter, something the Reds have sorely needed for a while. I had him pegged as a middle of the order bat that might come up a little short in that role.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

So you're saying that India wouldn't be as good on the Brewers? Or did you fail to see the point that poster was arguing?
    No, I’m saying that not all contending teams have good hitters in the middle of the lineup.

Some have great pitching.

Nothing more, nothing less.

No, I’m saying that not all contending teams have good hitters in the middle of the lineup.

Some have great pitching.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd argue that the Brewers also have good hitters. We have 4 regulars with +800 OPS and they have 4 regulars with +800 OPS. Our offense is better, with three .900 hitters to their one, but they aren't bad.

13. Likes:

malcontent (08-07-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I'd argue that the Brewers also have good hitters. We have 4 regulars with +800 OPS and they have 4 regulars with +800 OPS. Our offense is better, with three .900 hitters to their one, but they aren't bad.
    Adames is also clearly a different player hitting in Milwaukee versus Tampa. I don’t buy the original point that the Brewers don’t have a single middle of the order hitter at all.

India is quickly becoming my favorite Red. There's nothing not to like about this kid.

16. Likes:

MR X (08-17-2021),mth123 (08-07-2021),ochoa30 (08-07-2021),wolfboy (08-07-2021)

India has a .935 ops out of the lead off spot with 46 runs scored in only 54 games. Dude's on a 150 runs scored pace as a lead off hitter lol.

18. Likes:

ochoa30 (08-07-2021)

Perhaps now the favorite??

20. Likes:

MR X (08-17-2021)

https://www.mlb.com/news/adolis-garc...ear-award-poll

NATIONAL LEAGUE

1) Jonathan India, 2B, Reds (46 first-place votes)

No rookie has come close to India at setting the table, as Cincinnati has found another young hitter who, just like Joey Votto, has a superb sense of the strike zone. India entered Friday with a .381 OBP that would be the best by any rookie in a 500-plate appearance season since José Abreu (.383) in 2014, and he is legitimately challenging Tony Cuccinello (.380) for the highest OBP by any qualified Reds rookie since 1930. India does more than simply draw walks; he also entered Friday leading NL rookies in RBIs (59) and extra-base hits (43).

2) Trevor Rogers, LHP, Marlins (13 first-place votes)

Rogers is just making his way back from a month-plus stint on the family medical emergency, bereavement and restricted lists, but his resume through July was still strong enough to land him in the No. 2 spot here. The lefty’s 2.45 ERA still leads all qualified rookie starting pitchers, and he entered Friday still ranked third among freshmen with 129 strikeouts, even with all that missed time. Eighty-two of those 129 punchouts have come off Rogers’ four-seam fastball, putting him among MLB’s top 10 pitchers in four-seamer K’s.

3) Patrick Wisdom, 3B, Cubs (3 first-place votes)

The biggest bright spot on the North Side after so many Cubs stars departed at the Trade Deadline, the 30-year-old Wisdom is looking like a true diamond-in-the-rough find. Wisdom became the first rookie in Cubs history to put up back-to-back multihomer games last weekend against the White Sox, and he’s now just one dinger away from tying Kris Bryant’s franchise rookie record. Wisdom entered Friday leading NL rookies in both homers and OPS (min 250 PA).

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-09-2021),VR (09-09-2021)

lock it down, indy!

Turn Off Ads?