Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Injury updates

Re: Injury updates

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Looks like Feliz's rehab assignment of 30 days was in fact already extended, so he may not have to be returned on Monday.
    What is your prediction for the 26 man roster if all 5 of Moose,Sims,Senzel,Antone and Castellanos return before Sept 1.
    What 5 on current 26 man goes?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Surprised more aren't listing Shogo.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    What is your prediction for the 26 man roster if all 5 of Moose,Sims,Senzel,Antone and Castellanos return before Sept 1.
    What 5 on current 26 man goes?
    I expect multiple new injuries on the 26 man roster between now and then that will make this meaningless chatter.

But let's say hypothetically no one else gets injured...

Freeman and Feliz dfa'd - opens two 40 man spots for Senzel and Moose.

Alaniz or Perez dfa'd - opens 40 man spot for Blandino - Blandino is optioned - or Blandino is simply dfa'd.

Five 26 man spots opened for Senzel, Moose, Cast, Sims and Antone by the DFA of Freeman, the optioning of Schrock, probably the DFA of Hoffman (or what I'd do option VGut and put Hoffman back in the rotation), and the DFA of Brach, Doolittle, and/or Garrett. ---Though an option of Antone for less than 20 days, or a phantom injury to say Suarez could also do the trick.

The Reds aren't going to be able to carry a 9 man bullpen all August if everyone is healthy, not unless they move Shogo off the 26 man - which I just don't see happening - I'd pull that trigger but I don't think they will.

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-03-2021)

I'll add that if Garrett has a couple more cringe worthy games in quick succession he'll write his own ticket to the waiver wire.

He's almost assuredly going to be a non-tender this year by the Reds, they aren't going to pay him ~1.5M$ again. I have a feeling he'd get claimed on waivers by some bad team that will give him a tryout over the last 8 weeks, he's only owed about 500K$ from here on out.

I personally like Garrett, when he's on he's really really good, sadly he's had too many games where he was off - way off this year.

7. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-03-2021)

I expect multiple new injuries on the 26 man roster between now and then that will make this meaningless chatter.

Alaniz or Perez dfa'd - opens 40 man spot for Blandino - Blandino is optioned - or Blandino is simply dfa'd.

Five 26 man spots opened for Senzel, Moose, Cast, Sims and Antone by the DFA of Freeman, the optioning of Schrock, probably the DFA of Hoffman (or what I'd do option VGut and put Hoffman back in the rotation), and the DFA of Brach, Doolittle, and/or Garrett. ---Though an option of Antone for less than 20 days, or a phantom injury to say Suarez could also do the trick.

The Reds aren't going to be able to carry a 9 man bullpen all August if everyone is healthy, not unless they move Shogo off the 26 man - which I just don't see happening - I'd pull that trigger but I don't think they will.
    Thanks for the input. I agree. The chances all 5 guys come back and no other Red going on the IL are less than 1%. Fun to speculate. Earlier in this thread you talked a little on Michael Feliz. I have not checked into his career underlying stats. The surface stats doesn't look terrible though. But being cut loose by the Pirates should have been a immediate Red flag.
    At the time he was signed though the Reds were grasping at straws to try and get relief help.
    I fell for the signing thinking it had a good chance of being a decent signing.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

David Bell said Nick Castellanos will hit before the game today off J.R. House, but he won't be activated before tonight's game vs. Twins.

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...807863299?s=21

Sure seems like he’ll be back this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2021)

Would love to understand why you'd option V Gutierrez and put Hoffman back in the rotation? Yuck.

13. Likes:

Mitri (08-03-2021),Ron Madden (08-03-2021),wlf WV (08-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?