Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Move: Scoreboard watching for August

Re: Time to Move: Scoreboard watching for August

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I blame the bullpen...
    Me too, but its not just the bullpen.

I actually blame the front office for entering the season with a tryout camp in the pen and an unsettled situation at SS. To some extent, they've figured it out over the season, but how many games were pissed away early playing spring training style try outs with the bullpen? The bullpen still doesn't have a reliable lefty or a clear closer. They've added some guys to improve the softest spots, and its helped, but its still not the pen of a championship caliber team, even if Antone is completely healthy and as dominant as before.

But the OF is a mess defensively and CF in particular is terrible. Suarez is as bad at 3B as he was at SS, it's just not as impactful or noticeable. If he's not an .850+ OPS, he's not helping. Perhaps a move to DH will help, but he still needs to hit.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

NL East is getting very tight with Atl, Phil, and NY.
    All are getting close to the Reds.. Looks like we will win tonight , barring a disaster.
    Starting tomorrow, Mets have 13 straight games vs the Giants and Dodgers.. which helps us.. If the Mets lose a lot , then the better of Phi/Atl is no longer chasing us in the wildcard race.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

D-Backs 10
    Padres 3
    After 7 innings

5. Likes:

adkindo (08-13-2021)

As has been stated....the Reds are very fortunate that the Padres did not take more advantage of our 3 game skid. We should only be 3.5 games out of WC#2 tomorrow. The bad news is we definitely have teams closing in our rear view mirror for the WC#2 slot. Basically, we really can't have another 3 game skid because the Padres will either expand their lead, or we will get caught from behind.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

7. Likes:

REDREAD (08-16-2021)

D-Backs win 12-3 over Padres!

Reds 3.5 back in wildcard!

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-13-2021),Kilgore_Trout (08-13-2021),NebraskaRed (08-13-2021),Tom Servo (08-13-2021)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

That Atlanta series had a couple of gut punches. They really could use two in Philly this weekend. Fortunately San Diego has scuffled a bit with Arizona, so they've gained a half game there.

Cincinnati (29 games)
    7 games vs Miami
    4 games vs Pittsburgh (4-0)
    3 games vs Atlanta (1-2)
    3 games vs Philly
    3 games vs Cubs
    3 games vs Milwaukee
    3 games vs St Louis
    2 games vs Minnesota (1-1)
    1 game vs Cleveland (0-1)
    Total: 6-4

San Diego (26 games)
    10 games vs Arizona (2-2)
    3 games vs Colorado
    3 games vs Philly
    3 games vs Miami (2-1)
    3 games vs Dodgers
    2 games vs Oakland (1-1)
    2 games vs Angels
    Total: 5-4

Milwaukee (29 games)
    7 games vs San Francisco (1-2)
    6 games vs Pittsburgh (2-1)
    4 games vs Cubs (4-0)
    3 games vs St Louis
    3 games vs Washington
    3 games vs Cincinnati
    3 games vs Minnesota
    Total: 7-3

8 games back from Milwaukee, who's starting to feel uncatchable. 3.5 back from San Diego.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I keep waiting for a mini-skid from the Brewers, but they just refuse to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    D-Backs win 12-3 over Padres!

Reds 3.5 back in wildcard!
    I think Atlanta is just as much a player for the 2WC as the Reds and Padres.

But the Braves still have 6 against the Giants and 3 in LA.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (08-16-2021)

It's going to take a monumental collapse by the Brewers to catch them. They aren't backing down. They play the Pirates again this weekend. So they will pile up some more wins. Reds have got to somehow survive a tough three in Philly. They need to take 2 or 3 and hope the Padres continue to slide some. But they are playing the D'Backs and that may not happen. Reds schedule really lightens up next week with 7 games against the Pirates and Marlins. So the plan is to survive this weekend and rack up wins after that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

REDREAD (08-16-2021)

Unless I missed something on the schedule, this should be the last time the Brewers play the Pirates, so that should help the Reds' chances.

Marte exits at 113 in the 5th to extend the Snakes' lead over the Fathers to 2-0. Going to Top 7.

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-14-2021)

Wil Myers ties it for the Pads with a 2 run ding dong.

Bumgarner still on the mound in the 7th for d-backs
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

DBacks walk it off!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

membengal (08-14-2021),RedsLvr (08-14-2021),Ron Madden (08-14-2021)

D-backs walk off HR! Padres lose!
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-14-2021)

Turn Off Ads?