Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suarez vs Moustakas

Suarez vs Moustakas

One of these guys clearly needs to go in the offseason as both have eight figures committed to them for multiple years, and only one can play 3B (with India and Barrero likely comprising our middle infield for the next few years).

Who do you think has more trade value? Who would you keep and who would you deal?

Personally, I’d keep Suarez as I still hold out hope he can regain his former stroke (or at least enough of it to put his contract back in the black). I hope Moose comes back and rakes for the next six weeks so someone gives up a decent prospect for him in the offeason.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Suarez vs Moustakas

Nobody is going to take Moose’s contract really in any scenario, no matter how well he hits the last couple months. He just missed like basically half the season and isn’t getting younger, teams aren’t going to take that risk.

I doubt any team would want Geno either. It’s really just going to down to if they want to be rid of him, they’ll have to DFA him or something. Or package somebody else with him another team would actually want, which idk if it would be worth it.

I keep Moose. Leadership, better defense, and no hole in bat.

6. Likes:

757690 (08-02-2021)

If they get rid of one in any trade they would have to eat all or most of the contract as things stand now. Unless they trade a bad contract for some other teams bad contract.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Again, the front office waited too long to deal a piece that had value. This time its Suarez. He needs to be dealt for whatever they can get in the off-season and he will have to be packaged with someone with some worth to be moved at all.
    Moose gets a chance to prove himself again, but Geno at least needs a change of scenery. He may play well again, but I don't think it will be with the Reds.

Reds are very deep in the infield, especially with Barrero soon joining.

Reds this off-season may try to find a creative deal for an expensive infielder, likely Suarez or Moose.

Reds might have to pay much of the contract they’re moving. But they still may try with the goal of saving some money that could be used elsewhere.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-02-2021 at 07:08 PM.

If the DH comes next year, might that help keep both
    ?

11. Likes:

CanadianRedsFan (08-03-2021),Old school 1983 (08-02-2021),Ron Madden (08-03-2021),WrongVerb (08-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    ?
    Even with the DH Reds would have Votto, India, Farmer, Barrero, and one of Suarez/Moose for the infield. Maybe Schrock too. They also have Winker and Tyler Stephenson who could play some DH. Lot of possible DHs.

So while it’s very premature, I could see Reds - even with the DH rule - trying to trade one of these players. If such a deal could be put together.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-02-2021 at 08:11 PM.

They are going to have to find a way to swap bad contracts. Any ideas on a similar type bounce-back candidate owed ~$30M that plays CF or RF?

Maybe Charlie Blackmon or something?
    Last edited by Alpha Zero; 08-02-2021 at 07:44 PM.

Suarez vs Moustakas

Suarez as DH?

I meant to add: why would you “designate” a guy batting .170 to play in the role whose only job is…..to hit?
    Last edited by SomeCallMeTim; 08-02-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    They are going to have to find a way to swap bad contracts. Any ideas on a similar type bounce-back candidate owed ~$30M that plays CF or RF?

The Brewers might be a good fit with Lorenzo Cain.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post

Trout

Honestly I don't see a match for CF, but I bet the Angels would like to dump that Rendon contract before they have to pay Ohtani.
    Last edited by JCM11; 08-02-2021 at 07:57 PM.

I am fine with trading Suarez and have him bounce back fully somewhere else. Odds are low that he will, and he is redundant on this team, even if he bounces back. It will hurt paying him to play somewhere else, but that’s the situation the Reds are in. Can’t worry about it now, just look forward and do what is best overall for the team.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

18. Likes:

Kc61 (08-02-2021),RiverRat13 (08-02-2021)

Moose will start vs RHP. Suarez vs LHP. Suarez will also give India a day off a week and play 3B while Moose plays 2b. Suarez will also give Farmer a day off a week and play SS. That's pretty much it...

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    ?
    I agree that the DH does come next year, that still doesn’t justify keeping both.

I’d deal Suarez for whatever we can get, resign Barnhart resigned and a Votto/Moose/Stephenson rotation between 1B and DH.

And if they are holding onto Senzel, then rotote him and Moose at 3B.

I’d rather roll the dice on Moose’s injury recovery than Suarez’s return to a “hitter”.

Turn Off Ads?