Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Big win for the Twolves in 2OT over Philly. 121-120
    — Philly had the last shot of the game and Ant blocked Embiid.
    I read a fascinating stat about Embiid. He's now 0-14 on potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of 4th quarter or OT (including playoffs). That’s the most attempts without a make by anyone since 1996-97.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Boogie signs with Bucks.

I wonder if that means Brook Lopez is out for significant time. I keep waiting for him to get all Lopez-y, but he's just not able to, it seems.

Quick rundown of today's games:

Memphis (without Ja Morant) beat the Kings 128-101. Maybe it wasn't all Luke Walton's fault.

The Celtics beat the Raptors despite Jayson Tatum going 2-16, 8 pts. Yet he had 10 assists and he was +13. Maybe moving the ball is more important than his scoring?

Giannis, Holiday and Middleton are hitting their form, 118-100 over the Pacers tonight and suddenly the Bucks are 13-8 with seven straight wins. The best team in the East has shown up.

Steph hung 33 on the Clippers for yet another Warriors win. He went 12-22 and 7-13 from 3. It's his world, everybody else is just playing in it.
    Last edited by M2; 11-29-2021 at 01:27 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Boogie signs with Bucks.

I wonder if that means Brook Lopez is out for significant time. I keep waiting for him to get all Lopez-y, but he's just not able to, it seems.
    I really hope this just means that they are being very conservative with Lopez and they need depth at center regardless if he returns. I don't think they can repeat w/o Brook.

Giannis Antetokounmpo
    @Giannis_An34
    ·
    5h
    How do you make a tissue dance?! You put a little "Boogie" in it!! My Dad jokes are back!!

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

PHX knocks off Golden State for…double checks…triple checks…17th straight W.

8. Likes:

goreds2 (12-01-2021),M2 (12-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Didn't get to see it, but it looks like the Suns applied the clamps for the last three quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Is this the least discussed winning streak ever?

The half game separating 4th and 10th in the West is a bit unusual after 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The half game separating 4th and 10th in the West is a bit unusual after 20 games.
    I expect the Nuggets to surge out of the pack now that Jokic is back. Dallas could be in trouble if Luka Doncic is out for any decent chunk of time. They're 23rd in Net Rating and have all the makings of great player who carries a bad team. Memphis is the other team that looks like a pretender if you look through that lens (25th). The Wolves and the Clippers are the two teams that are doing the best in Net Rating (tied at +1.6). I suppose the Lakers could get their act together, but they've been decidedly unimpressive. The door is open for some highly mediocre teams to get into the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you include the east there are 11 teams that are 1 game over 500.

My recap of the Sixers/Celtics game:

Name:  Sixers Celtice 12.01.21.png
Views: 100
Size:  77.2 KB

That is all. Ewww...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    My recap of the Sixers/Celtics game:

Name:  Sixers Celtice 12.01.21.png
Views: 100
Size:  77.2 KB

That is all. Ewww...
    And Al Horford confounds Joel Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    And Al Horford confounds Joel Embiid.
    I'll be able to tell if that's still true as soon as I see Embiid set up on the blocks more than three times per half. The Sixers can't win with him 30 feet from the basket setting picks for players who can't actually penetrate, save for Maxey. It's pretty clear that Embiid (and Harris) has zero energy right now. He also had zero interest in taking the ball to the basket against Orlando and performed similarly. Based on his comments about his Covid experience, it appears that it did a number on him.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

17. Likes:

M2 (12-01-2021),Revering4Blue (12-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I'll be able to tell if that's still true as soon as I see Embiid set up on the blocks more than three times per half. The Sixers can't win with him 30 feet from the basket setting picks for players who can't actually penetrate, save for Maxey. It's pretty clear that Embiid (and Harris) has zero energy right now. He also had zero interest in taking the ball to the basket against Orlando and performed similarly. Based on his comments about his Covid experience, it appears that it did a number on him.
    Yes, though I'm convinced Horford goads him into taking fade away mid-range jumpers.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-01-2021)

Cavs got their first win in Miami in 24 games dating back to January 2010. Shaq was on that Cavs team.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-01-2021)

Turn Off Ads?