Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 586 to 593 of 593

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

  1. #586
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Went to the Cavs Jazz game today. Fun game. Jazz took a 15 point lead in the 4th, the Cavs stormed back to tie it and the Jazz ended up winning by 1 after Garland missed.

    Watching Gobert live is pretty cool. What he does to effect shots and position himself for rebounds is just special. Mitchell has also gotten really good at getting to the rim and finishing different ways.

    For the Cavs it’s really cool to see Garlands progress. He’s a completely different guy from 2 years ago. Mobley has a great feel for the game. He made some excellent passes to get guys lay ups that most rookies don’t see.

    Crowd was good too. They really like this team.
    Mobley has to already be one of the best defenders in the NBA. He's ridiculous.

    From what I remember, advanced stats have really liked Garland all along, so it's great to see him emerging like this.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  2. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (Yesterday)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #587
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,772

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Mobley has to already be one of the best defenders in the NBA. He's ridiculous.

    From what I remember, advanced stats have really liked Garland all along, so it's great to see him emerging like this.
    IIRC, Garland rated out as the worst (or close to it) starting player in the NBA in his rookie year. Turned it around last year, which I confess I missed because the Cavs were kind of unwatchable.
    Now begins the winter of our discombobulation.

  5. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (Yesterday)

  6. #588
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    IIRC, Garland rated out as the worst (or close to it) starting player in the NBA in his rookie year. Turned it around last year, which I confess I missed because the Cavs were kind of unwatchable.
    That's right, it was more last year. Profiled as the one to keep over Sexton which looks like that's how it'll play out.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  7. Likes:

    M2 (Yesterday),Revering4Blue (Yesterday)

  8. #589
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,823

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Giannis plays 27 minutes and scores 27 points on his 27th birthday.

  9. Likes:

    goreds2 (Today),M2 (Today),Revering4Blue (Yesterday)

  10. #590
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Giannis plays 27 minutes and scores 27 points on his 27th birthday.
    The Cavs kept coming back to get close, but the Bucks are just too much. So good.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

  11. #591
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,772

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    The Cavs kept coming back to get close, but the Bucks are just too much. So good.
    Jrue Holiday is like having a skeleton key that figures out how to win basketball games.
    Now begins the winter of our discombobulation.

  12. Likes:

    Mutaman (Today),Revering4Blue (Today)

  13. #592
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,984

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Blazers fire Neil Olshey - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ns-neil-olshey. Olshey 100% deserved to go for basketball reasons. It's looking like that franchise is heading for some rough years. Yet they've done it in the scummiest way possible, trumping up charges that he violated the team's code of conduct in order to get out of paying the remainder of his contract.
    Olshey only acted in a way that Paul Allen did from the moment he took over the team. Don't know how many times over the last 20 years I've posted how horrible Paul Allen treated his employees and how completely disfunctional he was socially.

    What really sucks?

    Bert Kolde runs the team. Paul's basketball-ignorant buddy from the past rode the Paul Allen gravy train into ownership of concessions at "The Forum", MODA Center, while sitting on the board as a "Vice-President" making basketball decisions.

    When the lease is over in three years, the move will be official to Seattle.

    It's really quite sad. I'm not reselling any tickets this year with the intention of not renewing after this season.

    This is my 50th year of going to games here (with about eight years missing in-between when I lived in the Bay Area, Indiana, Salem and Vancouver).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; Today at 03:52 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  14. #593
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    41,772

    Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Olshey only acted in a way that Paul Allen did from the moment he took over the team. Don't know how many times over the last 20 years I've posted how horrible Paul Allen treated his employees and how completely disfunctional he was socially.

    What really sucks?

    Bert Kolde runs the team. Paul's basketball-ignorant buddy from the past rode the Paul Allen gravy train into ownership of concessions at "The Forum", MODA Center, while sitting on the board as a "Vice-President" making basketball decisions.

    When the lease is over in three years, the move will be official to Seattle.

    It's really quite sad. I'm not reselling any tickets this year with the intention of not renewing after this season.

    This is my 50th year of going to games here (with about eight years missing in-between when I lived in the Bay Area, Indiana, Salem and Vancouver).
    So the widow Allen made Olshey the fall guy for her husband's corporate culture? Why do I get the feeling nothing is going to change in the wake of Olshey's dismissal? I wonder if Danny Ainge will want any part of that, on top an overmatched and expensive roster.

    I will be in shock if the Blazers ever leave Portland. For instance, if you're going to put a team in Seattle, you'll want a natural and established rival down in Portland. Also, NBA owners are going to want the expansion fee money from Seattle.
    Now begins the winter of our discombobulation.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator