Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cavs legit
    Doesn't hurt that the Celtics have not met a lead that it doesn't want to blow the past couple of season. Every big trade suggestion I see for the Celtics has them sending out Brown instead of Tatum but if one were ever moved I would move Tatum.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2021),M2 (11-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Doesn't hurt that the Celtics have not met a lead that it doesn't want to blow the past couple of season. Every big trade suggestion I see for the Celtics has them sending out Brown instead of Tatum but if one were ever moved I would move Tatum.
    So much this. If the Celtics have a heart problem, it's in Tatum's chest.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-16-2021)

The Warriors just spanked the Nets. Steph went OFF (37 points, 12-19 shooting, 9-14 from 3) while KD largely got handled (19 pts, 6-19 shooting). I'm not saying they're going 73-9 again, but they are currently crushing opponents even harder than they were in 2015-16. I'm sure they'll come back to earth as the season wears on, but it looks like Golden State is extremely for real.

7. Likes:

Betterread (11-17-2021),goreds2 (11-17-2021),Revering4Blue (11-17-2021)

Doncic who has a hx. of ankle issues injured it the other night after Austin Rivers rolled up on him...I would expect him to be out for a few games.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

The top of the league is still shaking out, but the bottom of the league is really taking shape. Houston (1-13), New Orleans (2-13), San Antonio (4-10), Orlando (3-11) and Detroit (3-10) are terrible. Minnesota (4-9) might be too, though I feel like that team has a path toward not being a complete doormat. OKC (5-8) is almost sure to be joining them.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The top of the league is still shaking out, but the bottom of the league is really taking shape. Houston (1-13), New Orleans (2-13), San Antonio (4-10), Orlando (3-11) and Detroit (3-10) are terrible. Minnesota (4-9) might be too, though I feel like that team has a path toward not being a complete doormat. OKC (5-8) is almost sure to be joining them.
    Time will tell. But let's consider the following:

- The Pelicans are 2-6 without Ingram and ZIon should return relatively soon. They were godawful two seasons ago sans Zion. He debuted in January of his rookie season and the team was knocking on the playoff door - and this was pre current 10 seed playoff setup - before the pandemic lockout struck. I'm not yet willing to count them out of at least a 10 seed.

- Pistons are 3-5 with Cunningham, winless without him. Even though Indy may easily dispatch the Pistons tonight in Detroit, it sure feels like a trap game to me. We'll see. Regardless, more minutes for Diallo instead of Josh Jackson should be the game plan whether or not the rumored J.J /Lyles for Bagley III deal comes to fruition.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

M2 (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Time will tell. But let's consider the following:

- The Pelicans are 2-6 without Ingram and ZIon should return relatively soon. They were godawful two seasons ago sans Zion. He debuted in January of his rookie season and the team was knocking on the playoff door - and this was pre current 10 seed playoff setup - before the pandemic lockout struck. I'm not yet willing to count them out of at least a 10 seed.

- Pistons are 3-5 with Cunningham, winless without him. Even though Indy may easily dispatch the Pistons tonight in Detroit, it sure feels like a trap game to me. We'll see. Regardless, more minutes for Diallo instead of Josh Jackson should be the game plan whether or not the rumored J.J /Lyles for Bagley III deal comes to fruition.
    The #10 seed (and perhaps the #8 and #9 seeds) in the West is going to be a pretty bad team, so I guess the Pels have hope enough for that. My guess is Zion's likely a long way from healthy and in game shape.

Detroit's shooting is just so bad right now (30th in eFG%), I'm thinking it's going to be a long season for them.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Regardless, more minutes for Diallo instead of Josh Jackson should be the game plan whether or not the rumored J.J /Lyles for Bagley III deal comes to fruition.
    Diallo would be a great fit for a squad that needed defense and slashing/ a tertiary playmaker. He's not a great fit on this season's Detroit team.

I'm hoping the Nets, Golden State, Boston, or Minnesota pick him up relatively cheaply and unleash him as a drive-and-defend energy bench guy or second division starter at the wing.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-17-2021)

What happens when you match up Carmelo Anthony against Giannis? Giannis goes 18-23, 47 pts.

The top 6 in the West are Golden State, Phoenix, Utah, Dallas, Denver and the Clippers, and I'm starting to think that might just be the top 6 when we get to the end of the season too. The Lakers are perhaps the only team that could break into that mix. That conference has stratified quickly, and the better teams over there aren't messing around. It would not be shocking to see all of them keep a 50-or-more-win pace.

18. Likes:

goreds2 (11-18-2021)

Sticking to my 'not reading anything into anything' take on this season so far. Really hard to figure out who the contenders are now outside of a handful of teams.

Still love the Heat in the East and the Nugs/Suns in the West. I don't know much beyond that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Sticking to my 'not reading anything into anything' take on this season so far. Really hard to figure out who the contenders are now outside of a handful of teams.

Still love the Heat in the East and the Nugs/Suns in the West. I don't know much beyond that though.
    The Warriors look like the best team in the league by a comfortable distance. The East is a free for all. Probably need to get past the trade deadline to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Warriors look like the best team in the league by a comfortable distance.
    Lots of injuries and Covid cases so far cloud the takeaway for me.

I think Golden State is really good and likely to get better when Klay comes back. (And don't sleep on Wiseman as a defense-first guy for 25 mpg.)

But there are teams with lots of upside who still haven't played with their full assortment of players.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Lots of injuries and Covid cases so far cloud the takeaway for me.

I think Golden State is really good and likely to get better when Klay comes back. (And don't sleep on Wiseman as a defense-first guy for 25 mpg.)

But there are teams with lots of upside who still haven't played with their full assortment of players.
    I definitely expect other teams to gel, but the Warriors are already there. They're insanely good on both sides of the ball. Their defensive intensity really stands out. And Draymond Green is back to being a menace.

I'm starting to think the 2020 Lakers were the flukiest champions ever.

25. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-29-2021),Stray (11-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?