Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Is Kevin Durant the greatest Olympic basketballer in US history?

The numbers say he might be.

Leading scorer all time. Gold all three times.

2. Likes:

M2 (08-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

What FAs are still out there that you guys think might make a difference?

Obviously, Dennis Schroder is a guy who can put up numbers. In the right system, he's a nice cog to have. In the wrong system, he wrecks seasons. I'm fascinated with who signs him-- and for how much.

Lauri Markkanen really screwed himself over in asking for too much as an RFA, but that's a fine line. Ask too little, and the Bulls re-sign and get a bargain. I get the feeling he'd cut off an arm to get a re-do outside of Chicago. I suspect a sign-and-trade makes the most sense, but what does Chicago need? And who wants a defensive-deficient PF who can shoot?

I like Hami Diallo as an RFA and think he might be a real steal for a team looking at a wing with interesting 3 and D capabilities. He's bought totally into the hustle game, which is fantastic to watch. He's a slightly smaller version of James Johnson-- you never know what you're going to see, but it'll be incredible one way or another. Really like him as a change of pace guy for the Suns or as a sneaky re-sign with OKC.

5. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    What FAs are still out there that you guys think might make a difference?

Obviously, Dennis Schroder is a guy who can put up numbers. In the right system, he's a nice cog to have. In the wrong system, he wrecks seasons. I'm fascinated with who signs him-- and for how much.

Lauri Markkanen really screwed himself over in asking for too much as an RFA, but that's a fine line. Ask too little, and the Bulls re-sign and get a bargain. I get the feeling he'd cut off an arm to get a re-do outside of Chicago. I suspect a sign-and-trade makes the most sense, but what does Chicago need? And who wants a defensive-deficient PF who can shoot?

I like Hami Diallo as an RFA and think he might be a real steal for a team looking at a wing with interesting 3 and D capabilities. He's bought totally into the hustle game, which is fantastic to watch. He's a slightly smaller version of James Johnson-- you never know what you're going to see, but it'll be incredible one way or another. Really like him as a change of pace guy for the Suns or as a sneaky re-sign with OKC.
    If Schroder's going to need to play a season where he's got to prove he can be the lead guard on a quality team, I'd suggest the Celtics. Pelicans might work.

I assume the need for a shooting big extends to almost every team. I get why no one wants to pay a premium for it, but I bet the Clippers or Jazz would love to get their hooks into him.

And Denver really could use a Hami Diallo.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Denver really could use a Hami Diallo.
    Nice call, that.

Do they have enough cap space to offer anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Nice call, that.

Do they have enough cap space to offer anything?
    No idea, though teams often figure out how to make money appear from nowhere.

Draymond Green did like half a dozen heady things at the end of the Olympic gold medal game to seal the deal. The best was him clearing a free throw off of the rim. He took every extra liberty international basketball allows.
    Yeah, people that call NBA players low IQ need to watch the nba stars in the Olympics. It’s a significantly different game and they pick up the little stuff so quickly. That play by Green was great.

And oh yeah, Jrue Holliday is just a straight up basketball player. Does it all. Fun to watch him play and you can tell he is a perfectionist. He made one mistake in the entire game last night, which was just a foul, and he was so angry at himself.

I also respect the hell out of these players playing so much basketball the last 13-14 months and not even hesitating to jump on a plane to go to Tokyo to represent their country. Holliday, Middleton, and Booker made it there hours before the first game almost immediately after the nba finals concluded. And for no money, just pride.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 08-07-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2021)

Has the Olympics caused anyone to upgrade their opinion of Zach LaVine? Bill Simmons on his latest podcast was talking about a 1-for-1 of LaVine for Ben Simmons (though Chicago's got to do extra to make the money work). I forget which one of us had brought that up recently, but it's looking like a sound idea.

Draymond Green did like half a dozen heady things at the end of the Olympic gold medal game to seal the deal. The best was him clearing a free throw off of the rim. He took every extra liberty international basketball allows.
    There was a play where some Frenchie hit a three-pointer while Durant stood passively watching him. Green really got on KD’s case for not getting his arms up. The next time down the same fella tried another three pointer and KD jumped out of his skin and blocked the shot.

13. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    There was a play where some Frenchie hit a three-pointer while Durant stood passively watching him. Green really got on KD’s case for not getting his arms up. The next time down the same fella tried another three pointer and KD jumped out of his skin and blocked the shot.
    Dray is the guy willing to hold the best player in the world accountable.

Has the Olympics caused anyone to upgrade their opinion of Zach LaVine? Bill Simmons on his latest podcast was talking about a 1-for-1 of LaVine for Ben Simmons (though Chicago's got to do extra to make the money work). I forget which one of us had brought that up recently, but it's looking like a sound idea.
    I've wanted to acquire Lavine for a while now. I'm not sure as the Bulls have been loading up this offseason- possibly in an attempt to get Lavine signed to an extension. Not sure how that'll work given that the NBA is now investigating the Bulls for tampering in the Lonzo Ball sign-and-trade. Fines, loss of picks, even maybe an outside chance of voiding of Ball's contract are potential penalties for that.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ls-sources-say

Ditto Miami with Lowry.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Dray is the guy willing to hold the best player in the world accountable.
    PJ Tucker is the same way. First time I ever saw anyone get in Giannis' face. And Giannis was clearly in awe of him.

17. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    PJ Tucker is the same way. First time I ever saw anyone get in Giannis' face. And Giannis was clearly in awe of him.
    Guys built like boulders don't fear anyone. See your profile pick for further evidence.

19. Likes:

Mutaman (08-07-2021)

Guys built like boulders don't fear anyone. See your profile pick for further evidence.

21. Likes:

Mutaman (08-07-2021)

A truly great song- I've been singing it for 50 years.

Is It Ever Gonna Happen

by Gene Carrol and the Shades
    a/k/a Mean Gene Okerlund

23. Likes:

M2 (08-08-2021),RichRed (08-08-2021)

the head gear does not look as cool once the muscle is gone....

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?