Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Supposedly he asked the Mavs about getting Simmons...my thoughts with what...can't trade a 1st and Porzingas is an enigma that no team wants.

They are going to have to pay Brunson more than he is worth...

The Mavs are in trouble and I don't see it rectifying itself anytime soon...they needed one more spin in the lottery after getting Doncic.

I could see them doing a mini tank as Doncic's knee and ankle are supposedly pretty bad..try to get into that 10-12 pick range
    Also, Jason Kidd may be a terrible coach. They may need to undo that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Ouch.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The Celtics have zero offensive flow. It's painful watching them try to execute an offense. They play like they just met five minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Celtics have zero offensive flow. It's painful watching them try to execute an offense. They play like they just met five minutes ago.
    Would putting Pritchard in the Starting lineup help or is it a coaching issue?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Durant should have been thrown out of the game against the Hawks.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Would putting Pritchard in the Starting lineup help or is it a coaching issue?
    Looks like a talent issue. Outside of Tatum and Schroder, there's no one who can get you a bucket. Other guys are getting open shots and bricking them constantly, and it's not like Tatum and Schroder are super efficient either. Jaylen Brown would fix some of that. He's their best all-around player, but he's got to get healthy. Marcus Smart needs to go. Seemed obviously last year and it's just glaring this season. Time to figure out what his trade market is.

What they need are guys with passing instincts to give them some sort of offensive flow. Not that he's available or they could get him, but Sabonis would be a stellar fit for this team. Some inside-outside would make them work the ball each possession rather than watch Tatum dribble down the clock and then take an off-balance shot. Pritchard has been a disaster this year. Nesmith too. I was looking at Tyus Jones (3rd on the Memphis PG depth chart) as a guy who might be able to distribute and hit an open shot.

Hard to blame the coach for a team the GM couldn't figure out either. They need a roster remake.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-11-2021),Revering4Blue (12-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Looks like a talent issue. Outside of Tatum and Schroder, there's no one who can get you a bucket. Other guys are getting open shots and bricking them constantly, and it's not like Tatum and Schroder are super efficient either. Jaylen Brown would fix some of that. He's their best all-around player, but he's got to get healthy. Marcus Smart needs to go. Seemed obviously last year and it's just glaring this season. Time to figure out what his trade market is.

What they need are guys with passing instincts to give them some sort of offensive flow. Not that he's available or they could get him, but Sabonis would be a stellar fit for this team. Some inside-outside would make them work the ball each possession rather than watch Tatum dribble down the clock and then take an off-balance shot. Pritchard has been a disaster this year. Nesmith too. I was looking at Tyus Jones (3rd on the Memphis PG depth chart) as a guy who might be able to distribute and hit an open shot.

Hard to blame the coach for a team the GM couldn't figure out either. They need a roster remake.
    Would love to trade Smart for C.J. if that could work somehow.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2021)

Zion Williamson: Greg Oden 2.0?

(Was Oden Sam Bowie 2.0? If so, would that make Zion Sam Bowie 3.0?)

12. Likes:

goreds2 (12-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Zion Williamson: Greg Oden 2.0?

(Was Oden Sam Bowie 2.0? If so, would that make Zion Sam Bowie 3.0?)
    Oden was never fat and lazy like Williamson, and apparently Doncic. Bowie just had bad bone genes, while I have to question the competency of the Trailblazers' main doctor for over 20 years, who was as incompetent as a medical professional can ever be.

Would love to trade Smart for C.J. if that could work somehow.
    Sure, though C.J.'s collapsed lung probably makes that unlikely.

Oden was never fat and lazy like Williamson, and apparently Doncic.
    He was never good like them either. Not Oden's fault. His body failed him. Zion may be a problem moving forward because he blows up like a Macy's parade balloon every time he's got some time off.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-11-2021)

Durant should have been thrown out of the game against the Hawks.
    For what? Being awesome?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I think Denver might have nailed another late draft pick with Bones Hyland. He already gets buckets.

Well that was fun. Matisse Thybulle just pwnd Steph Curry.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

20. Likes:

goreds2 (12-11-2021),Revering4Blue (12-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Well that was fun. Matisse Thybulle just pwnd Steph Curry.
    Nice win for the 76ers over Golden State!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Big win for the Sixers, 102-93 over the Warriors. Matisse Thybulle, primarily, kept Steph to 18. Kind of a reminder that when they've got everyone (minus Simmons), they're pretty good.

P.S. - This is what I get by waiting 20 minutes to hit the post button.

23. Likes:

goreds2 (12-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?