Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: 8-3-21 Reds vs Twins 7:10pm

Re: 8-3-21 Reds vs Twins 7:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    Act like he gives a crap that they lost. That is what Votto and India and Castellanos etc. do. You can talk about the positives and still care that you lost the game. You can say they need to win tomorrow and split. He made it out like a split is just what is needed though. The team is down a bunch of games for a playoff spots. Splits against crappy teams that you had won aren't what is needed.
    In my almost 69 years now that I’ve walked the planet, I’ve known a few professional athletes. They are extremely aware of their performances and are the most hyper competitive people I have ever met. Killer go for the throat kind of competitive personalities. You don’t get to the top of the pyramid just being lah dee dah about playing. So I find most of the comments about not caring ludicrous. It’s their livelihood. It’s their families. It’s their lives. They care more than any of us schlubs will ever know.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-04-2021),KittyDuran (08-04-2021),Ron Madden (08-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    In my almost 69 years now that I’ve walked the planet, I’ve known a few professional athletes. They are extremely aware of their performances and are the most hyper competitive people I have ever met. Killer go for the throat kind of competitive personalities. You don’t get to the top of the pyramid just being lah dee dah about playing. So I find most of the comments about not caring ludicrous. It’s their livelihood. It’s their families. It’s their lives. They care more than any of us schlubs will ever know.
    Agree, agree. I know a few as well in all three sports and golf as well. They are all in and invested 100 percent. Again, I realize he cares. That wasn't really the point and I didn't convey it well enough.
    Last edited by coryfly; 08-04-2021 at 12:42 AM.

5. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-04-2021)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    They already lost the game. A series split is exactly what they need.

Safe to say a player on the team cares more than you ever will.
    You don't have to pitch a fit and put on a drama show, BUT it really wouldn't hurt for someone on this team to step up and say, "You know, we can't keep doing this. This is not acceptable. We have to win games. NOW. We know what we're up against, and we can't allow this to continue."

Not, "Let's get a split with the hapless Twins, and we'll be OK."
    Rounding third and heading for home...

7. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    You don't have to pitch a fit and put on a drama show, BUT it really wouldn't hurt for someone on this team to step up and say, "You know, we can't keep doing this. This is not acceptable. We have to win games. NOW. We know what we're up against, and we can't allow this to continue."

Not, "Let's get a split with the hapless Twins, and we'll be OK."
    I imagine behind closed doors they say this is unacceptable. But they are not going to say it is unacceptable losing this game on camera. That is disrespect to the Twins or what ever bad team they may be playing . Unprofessional to say those type things.

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-04-2021)

hows your home boy hembree mr contrarian genius

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I will admit that I’m not a fan of Barnhart’s attitude on losing ballgames. He seems a little too lax about it, he had that honestly pretty awful quote on the long losing streak a few months ago too. Idk. Just can’t imagine that helps the culture of the team.
    Stephenson needs to be out there 75% of the time

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

According to @EliasSports, Reds starter Tyler Mahle has had eight blown saves suffered in his starts, which leads MLB.
    Tied for second in MLB is Luis Castillo (6)

Tyler Mahle has won 1 game in 7 weeks. He does not finish what he starts because he is the least efficient pitcher in MLB. He loses games in Cincy. He nibbles instead of pitches.

14. Likes:

mgbrown66 (08-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    Reds are one of the worst franchises in baseball. They aren’t going to attract a quality manager
    Maybe that wilfred brimley guy from "the natural" lol

16. Likes:

faffy42 (08-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Maybe that wilfred brimley guy from "the natural" lol
    Or Lou Brown from Tire World.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I do wish when a reliever has a smooth and quick inning some of them could pitch into the next inning. With the three batter rule this could give you more options it seems. If they struggle and have lost it, you can actually pull them instead of having to watch them face three guys. This would have to be used judiciously and would also not allow as many double switches though.

19. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-04-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

According to @EliasSports, Reds starter Tyler Mahle has had eight blown saves suffered in his starts, which leads MLB.
    They could have just said "Tyler Mahle and Luis Castillo are starting pitchers for the 2021 Cincinnati Reds".

be positive Larry after all Heath did induce an out

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Facts will NOT be tolerated while in mid rant

23. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-04-2021)

Turn Off Ads?