Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly De La Cruz

Re: Elly De La Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think EDLC is doing just fine. I have no problem with a young player tearing the cover off the ball in A+ and AA instead of focusing on taking walks. I think EDLC is taking a "you can't walk off the island" approach to the minors and frankly I find it refreshing.
    I actually do enjoy watching him and hoping he turns into The original Vlad who could hit any pitch anywhere it was thrown. I have written before not everyone can just take pitches or work counts. It drives more than half this board crazy that everyone is not working counts. As long as he can recognize pitches better than Aquino and Jose B his plate coverage is fine.

The observation made by the poster at Reds ML site was also on how the whole team approach not only there but up here is. The System has too many of the FS without the production to justify it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm curious to hear some recent reports on his defense. He's committed six miscues in his 17 games in the field at Chattanooga. Obvioulsy not all errors are created equal, but I'm wondering if any scales are tipping towards an outfield move.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I'm curious to hear some recent reports on his defense. He's committed six miscues in his 17 games in the field at Chattanooga. Obvioulsy not all errors are created equal, but I'm wondering if any scales are tipping towards an outfield move.
    I've heard the field in Chattanooga is not exactly the best it could be.

That might be a part of the issue.

De La Cruz just sent one to the next galaxy. Straight away center field.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

6. Likes:

Mitri (08-18-2022),Old school 1983 (08-18-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-18-2022),Tom Servo (08-18-2022)

That sounded like a metal bat hitting the ball. Elly let it rip on a 3-0 count over the batter's eye. I don't mind him not walking as long as he's working counts and getting pitches he can drive. Man he's going to make it hard to leave him in the minors for very long in 2023. I think the gap between Elly and the next Reds prospect is pretty substantial and I like the guys ranked behind him.

De La Cruz

Since no one is on the Minor League Forum i will post this here. Watching the Lookouts playing in Huntsville. De La Cruz just hit one 491 feet over the batter's eye in center field.

Re: De La Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    Since no one is on the Minor League Forum i will post this here. Watching the Lookouts playing in Huntsville. De La Cruz just hit one 491 feet over the batter's eye in center field.
    There's a thread in the minor league forum about Elly that posted about this HR before you did....

- - - Updated - - -

Two posts about it actually.

10. Likes:

HammerTime (08-18-2022),wolfboy (08-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    That sounded like a metal bat hitting the ball. Elly let it rip on a 3-0 count over the batter's eye. I don't mind him not walking as long as he's working counts and getting pitches he can drive. Man he's going to make it hard to leave him in the minors for very long in 2023. I think the gap between Elly and the next Reds prospect is pretty substantial and I like the guys ranked behind him.
    He does things not many people on this planet can do. And that's not hyperbole.

Well that homer was massive

I want to see him in Cincinnati in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I think the gap between Elly and the next Reds prospect is pretty substantial and I like the guys ranked behind him.
    What's scary is that it seems as if he's just starting to find another gear/ development level.

If he can tap into that consistently, he's a Tatis/ Acuna/ Soto/ Trout level prospect.

(Gulp)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    What's scary is that it seems as if he's just starting to find another gear/ development level.

If he can tap into that consistently, he's a Tatis/ Acuna/ Soto/ Trout level prospect.

(Gulp)
    Totally agree. When I watch him it looks like he’s just scratching the surface.

The Reds need to start ordering him some form-fitting uniforms. He's swimming in these minor league unis.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    The Reds need to start ordering him some form-fitting uniforms. He's swimming in these minor league unis.
    Those legs are sticks.

It is remarkable he gets anything on his swings or has any power at all.

18. Likes:

wolfboy (08-18-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bamatank View Post
    Sounds like he’ll be quite capable of reaching the Tundra at GABP.

Turn Off Ads?