Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Elly De La Cruz

Re: Elly De La Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If they do they better be getting an absolute haul.
    Trade Steer and CES for Tyler Mahle?

No?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    What kind of return are we thinking for India? From a performance standpoint, I feel like his bat plays much better at 2B than at 3B or LF. He’ll likely be a defensive liability anywhere he plays. Maybe he’s a poor man’s Johnny Damon? Gets on base with a little bit of pop and speed, but absolutely no arm?

116 OPS+ this year. That’s fine. Is there anything he does that Spencer Steer can’t do just as well?

That said, he’s a good culture guy. The David Bell Reds compete as much as any Reds team I’ve seen (including the Dusty squads), and India seems like a big part of that. A good leader with an above average bat can stick around and play LF if the rest of the lineup is as good as it looks like it’s going to be.
    It's the "culture" piece that I think needs to be weighed more here. If we're talking about stats at a given position he's valuable but obviously not irreplaceable. If we're overlaying what he can do in the clubhouse then I think he's more valuable regardless of where he plays.

Our lower minor leaguers have a long way to go to be in the conversation but EDLC, CES and Marte are going to be here soon. India, Steer, Sensel, Barrero and possibly Stephenson are all in the way in one way or another. My guess is that we'll see trades. Maybe they trade the A level talent for one of those needed pitchers next year if/when this gels into a real pennant contender. These are good problems for once.

No?
    Poor twinkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Why not keep them all and sign a pitcher??? They certainly have the money to do it.

Even with the influx of young talent this team is not in the position to trade away offense. It’s been problem for years, I would establish a stockpile before even considering it.

This team is still a far cry from .500 and already people are trading good players (Steer, India) because there’s “no room”. LOL.
    That's where I'm at. We've got $37 million in dedicated money next year. We'd have to spend $130 million just to reach MLB average. And while we know they absolutely won't do that, they can spend the $60 million just to make it back to this year's payroll level.

Who knows, maybe they've actually got a spending plan that goes above being cheap? They did sign Greene, after all.

Let's just buy the needs.

6. Likes:

Mitri (05-28-2023),Powder River (05-28-2023)

I’d put my sights on Nola or Giolito
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Dingers4Duvall (06-02-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I think the Reds should trade from the lower levels if they are going to deal prospects.
    I don't think the Reds should trade anyone lower than the majors.

Everyone should be off the table-- unless absolutely blown away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’d put my sights on Nola or Giolito
    In the off-season?

10. Likes:

icehole3 (06-02-2023),Old school 1983 (05-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

That's an odd take to me. Collier and maybe Petty are my only "off the table unless blown away" players in A or A+. The rest you churn for major league help(in fair deals of course) to get the team over the hump. You can replace those guys in the draft and with international signings every year.

That's an odd take to me. Collier and maybe Petty are my only "off the table unless blown away" players in A or A+. The rest you churn for major league help(in fair deals of course) to get the team over the hump. You can replace those guys in the draft and with international signings every year.
    The Reds are, IMO, too far away to deal guys who might be decent in three to four seasons.

The Reds are, IMO, too far away to deal guys who might be decent in three to four seasons.
    We disagree on how far away they are. Add Elly and CES to the lineup, a good SP from outside to go with Abbott, and a few good BP arms and it's a team that can win the NL Central in 2024. They don't seem to be that far off this year in the weak division.

14. Likes:

Dingers4Duvall (06-02-2023),LeatherPants (05-28-2023)

We disagree on how far away they are. Add Elly and CES to the lineup, a good SP from outside to go with Abbott, and a few good BP arms and it's a team that can win the NL Central in 2024. They don't seem to be that far off this year in the weak division.
    Reds should go for it right now because you can bet the Cardinals aren’t going to put up with being this bad for very long and one of these days the Cubs are going to remember they can out spend every team in the division combined if they want.

16. Likes:

mth123 (05-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Steer is a really good player with 6 years of control. No idea why they would trade him.
    Steer to Tampa for Taj Bradley. Never say never (except if you are Tampa in that scenario)

- - - Updated - - -

No?
    I always think of CES as CES or Encarnacion-Strand to the point I can't remember what the C stands for.

Edit: It's Christian. Correct? I don't want to look it up.
    Last edited by klw; 05-28-2023 at 05:25 PM.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Steer to Tampa for Taj Bradley. Never say never (except if you are Tampa in that scenario)

- - - Updated - - -

I always think of CES as CES or Encarnacion-Strand to the point I can't remember what the C stands for.
    Yep, Tampa has Manzardo waiting in the wings and burns through arms like it’s nobody’s business.

- - - Updated - - -

In the off-season?
    Yes offseason as FA
    What would you say.....ya do here?

21. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (05-28-2023),Old school 1983 (05-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: It's Christian. Correct? I don't want to look it up.
    Tampa says never. They've used him already this season and will again.

What makes this guy any different from Oneil Cruz? They almost appear to be clones of one another, Oneil is just even bigger and longer.

Turn Off Ads?