Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Draft Discussion

Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Rocker looked pretty good in his first Indy league start - 4 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 6 K. Sat 95-97 and touched 99.
    Rocker is, IMO, a wildcard. This would be the year to gamble, IMO. Perhaps he'll last to the supplemental or second round...?

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-17-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Rocker is, IMO, a wildcard. This would be the year to gamble, IMO. Perhaps he'll last to the supplemental or second round...?
    Keith Law thinks he goes in the back half of the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Keith Law thinks he goes in the back half of the 1st round.
    The Reds supplemental pick is super high this year. I'd gamble that he falls slightly.

Drafting Rocker at 18 feels like an overdraft.

Would be really happy with Dylan Lesko, Jacob Berry or Justin Crawford. Would also be happy with Rocker in the sandwich round.

Sucks we have to wait another month.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-14-2022)

I want DeLauter or Crawford
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (06-15-2022)

There will be a draft combine show on The Baseball Channel on 6-16 from 12 to 3 p.m. It will resume on 6-17 from 12 to 6 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I want DeLauter or Crawford
    Go James Madison Dukes baseball!

It’s incredible that my school has a potential first round draft pick. Having the Reds draft him would almost be too good to be true.
    Last edited by RichRed; 06-16-2022 at 12:34 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

12. Likes:

UKFlounder (06-16-2022)

Mock drafts out recently.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-dr...ombine-edition

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...imed-to-spend/

Both have Reds taking Cole Young, prep SS at 18. Looks to be low ceiling, high floor, contact oriented infielder who may stick at SS. I'm not wild about this pick and would prefer a HS LHP at this level with a college pitcher at 32.

14. Likes:

podgejeff_ (06-16-2022)

Yeah I have no interest in Cole Young at 18. His mlbpipeline writeup might be the most underwhelming writeup for a first rounder I've ever seen. It reads like "we know this doesn't look like a first round scouting report, but trust us this guy is alright".

I'd take Ferris, Barriera, Snelling, Lesko, Crawford, Beck, Prelipp or Tidwell over him. And that's assuming we don't have another Matt McClain situation where Cam Collier falls to us or something.

I think that’s a smokescreen. I think the Reds want Barriera.

It seems like the MLB.com mocks have the Reds taking a different guy each time, I really have no idea what to expect.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It seems like the MLB.com mocks have the Reds taking a different guy each time, I really have no idea what to expect.
    MLB Pipeline hours before the draft last year:

17. Reds
    Callis: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    Because the Reds own two supplemental first-round picks, they own the fourth-largest bonus pool ($11,905,700) and could try to drop a top talent here. Barring that, they're associated with several college pitchers such as Bachman, Wicks, Cusick and Fordham left-hander Matt Mikulski. There's talk Madden could slide further than expected, but that probably won't happen and this would be the floor. High school possibilities include Chandler and catcher Joe Mack. Cincinnati could try to push some of these guys down to Nos. 30 and 35.

Mayo: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    There are other college arms, like Michael McGreevy or Gavin Williams, who could come into play. And the Reds don’t shy away from prep bats, with catchers Harry Ford and Joe Mack, and outfielder Colson Montgomery, potentially in the mix here

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    MLB Pipeline hours before the draft last year:

17. Reds
    Callis: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    Because the Reds own two supplemental first-round picks, they own the fourth-largest bonus pool ($11,905,700) and could try to drop a top talent here. Barring that, they're associated with several college pitchers such as Bachman, Wicks, Cusick and Fordham left-hander Matt Mikulski. There's talk Madden could slide further than expected, but that probably won't happen and this would be the floor. High school possibilities include Chandler and catcher Joe Mack. Cincinnati could try to push some of these guys down to Nos. 30 and 35.

Mayo: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    There are other college arms, like Michael McGreevy or Gavin Williams, who could come into play. And the Reds don’t shy away from prep bats, with catchers Harry Ford and Joe Mack, and outfielder Colson Montgomery, potentially in the mix here
    Last year I don't think anyone expected McClain to fall that far.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022),Tom Servo (06-16-2022)

I was watching the Draft Combine today and they were impressed how Prelip threw today. He was right at 95 on his fastball. They constantly were talking about him having an almost unhitable slider. They were saying he probably would have been the number 1 pick if not for Tommy John surgery. He is still ranked 24. Would you be satisfied if the Reds took him in the first round if available?

23. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Imagine a draft that goes:

18. Prelip
    32. Rocker
    55. Fabian
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

25. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022)

Turn Off Ads?