Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 127

Thread: 2022 Draft Discussion

  1. #31
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Rocker looked pretty good in his first Indy league start - 4 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 6 K. Sat 95-97 and touched 99.
    Rocker is, IMO, a wildcard. This would be the year to gamble, IMO. Perhaps he'll last to the supplemental or second round...?

  2. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (06-17-2022)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Winning is fun. RiverRat13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Rocker is, IMO, a wildcard. This would be the year to gamble, IMO. Perhaps he'll last to the supplemental or second round...?
    Keith Law thinks he goes in the back half of the 1st round.

  5. #33
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,709

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Keith Law thinks he goes in the back half of the 1st round.
    The Reds supplemental pick is super high this year. I'd gamble that he falls slightly.

    Drafting Rocker at 18 feels like an overdraft.

  6. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    13,361

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Would be really happy with Dylan Lesko, Jacob Berry or Justin Crawford. Would also be happy with Rocker in the sandwich round.

    Sucks we have to wait another month.
    Go BLUE!!!

  7. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-14-2022)

  8. #35
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    17,505

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    I want DeLauter or Crawford
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  9. Likes:

    Bourgeois Zee (06-15-2022)

  10. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    91

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    There will be a draft combine show on The Baseball Channel on 6-16 from 12 to 3 p.m. It will resume on 6-17 from 12 to 6 p.m.

  11. #37
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Western NC, by way of VB, VA
    Posts
    4,249

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I want DeLauter or Crawford
    Go James Madison Dukes baseball!

    It’s incredible that my school has a potential first round draft pick. Having the Reds draft him would almost be too good to be true.
    Last edited by RichRed; 06-16-2022 at 12:34 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  12. Likes:

    UKFlounder (06-16-2022)

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,397

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Mock drafts out recently.

    https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-dr...ombine-edition

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...imed-to-spend/

    Both have Reds taking Cole Young, prep SS at 18. Looks to be low ceiling, high floor, contact oriented infielder who may stick at SS. I'm not wild about this pick and would prefer a HS LHP at this level with a college pitcher at 32.

  14. Likes:

    podgejeff_ (06-16-2022)

  15. #39
    Member podgejeff_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Yeah I have no interest in Cole Young at 18. His mlbpipeline writeup might be the most underwhelming writeup for a first rounder I've ever seen. It reads like "we know this doesn't look like a first round scouting report, but trust us this guy is alright".

    I'd take Ferris, Barriera, Snelling, Lesko, Crawford, Beck, Prelipp or Tidwell over him. And that's assuming we don't have another Matt McClain situation where Cam Collier falls to us or something.

  16. #40
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    17,505

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    I think that’s a smokescreen. I think the Reds want Barriera.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. #41
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    34,169

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    It seems like the MLB.com mocks have the Reds taking a different guy each time, I really have no idea what to expect.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  18. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-16-2022)

  19. #42
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    17,505

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It seems like the MLB.com mocks have the Reds taking a different guy each time, I really have no idea what to expect.
    MLB Pipeline hours before the draft last year:

    17. Reds
    Callis: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    Because the Reds own two supplemental first-round picks, they own the fourth-largest bonus pool ($11,905,700) and could try to drop a top talent here. Barring that, they're associated with several college pitchers such as Bachman, Wicks, Cusick and Fordham left-hander Matt Mikulski. There's talk Madden could slide further than expected, but that probably won't happen and this would be the floor. High school possibilities include Chandler and catcher Joe Mack. Cincinnati could try to push some of these guys down to Nos. 30 and 35.

    Mayo: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    There are other college arms, like Michael McGreevy or Gavin Williams, who could come into play. And the Reds don’t shy away from prep bats, with catchers Harry Ford and Joe Mack, and outfielder Colson Montgomery, potentially in the mix here
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  20. #43
    Member podgejeff_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    MLB Pipeline hours before the draft last year:

    17. Reds
    Callis: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    Because the Reds own two supplemental first-round picks, they own the fourth-largest bonus pool ($11,905,700) and could try to drop a top talent here. Barring that, they're associated with several college pitchers such as Bachman, Wicks, Cusick and Fordham left-hander Matt Mikulski. There's talk Madden could slide further than expected, but that probably won't happen and this would be the floor. High school possibilities include Chandler and catcher Joe Mack. Cincinnati could try to push some of these guys down to Nos. 30 and 35.

    Mayo: Sam Bachman, RHP, Miami (Ohio)
    There are other college arms, like Michael McGreevy or Gavin Williams, who could come into play. And the Reds don’t shy away from prep bats, with catchers Harry Ford and Joe Mack, and outfielder Colson Montgomery, potentially in the mix here
    Last year I don't think anyone expected McClain to fall that far.

  21. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022),Tom Servo (06-16-2022)

  22. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    91

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    I was watching the Draft Combine today and they were impressed how Prelip threw today. He was right at 95 on his fastball. They constantly were talking about him having an almost unhitable slider. They were saying he probably would have been the number 1 pick if not for Tommy John surgery. He is still ranked 24. Would you be satisfied if the Reds took him in the first round if available?

  23. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022)

  24. #45
    TyrannoSuarez Wrecks WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    16,740

    Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

    Imagine a draft that goes:

    18. Prelip
    32. Rocker
    55. Fabian
    "It is better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying & reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  25. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (06-17-2022)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator