Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Euro soccer thread

2021-22 Euro soccer thread

Might as well start this one off with a bang. Barcelona and Messi seem to be parting ways - https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsand...h=6f248ecd62bf.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021-22 Euro soccer thread

So City, PSG, United and maybe Chelsea or Juventus have the money to sign him? That’s basically it?

I'm guessing if his wife has any say in this he's going to Paris and not Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm guessing if his wife has any say in this he's going to Paris and not Manchester.
    Happy wife, happy life.... plus the food and culture stuff

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Happy wife, happy life.... plus the food and culture stuff
    Measured against having to be a teammate of Neymar, I'd take no food or culture stuff!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Here's why I think he's going to PSG: Nasser Al-Khelaifi is the Chairman and CEO of PSG. He's also the Chairman of the BeIN Media Group, which owns the worldwide rights to France's Ligue 1. Guess whose broadcast values shoot through the roof if Messi goes to PSG? Al-Khelaifi is looking at almost instant ROI if he signs Messi.

There's also the fact that PSG has been building a kill-Europe team, that Messi vacations with various PSG players and that Paris a spectacular place to live. Yet the think the finances work for PSG like no other club in Europe.
    Last edited by M2; 08-06-2021 at 10:56 PM.

"So Fla Red"

Neymar was noting but gracious to Messi after the Copa America Final. Actually lots of mutual respect with the former FCB teammates.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Here's why I think he's going to PSG: Nasser Al-Khelaifi is the Chairman and CEO of PSG. He's also the Chairman of the BeIN Media Group, which owns the worldwide rights to France's Ligue 1. Guess whose broadcast values shoot through the roof if Messi goes to PSG? Al-Khelaifi is looking at almost instant ROI if he signs Messi.

There's also the fact that PSG has been building a kill-Europe team, that Messi vacations with various PSG players and that Paris a spectacular place to live. Yet the think the finances work for PSG like no other club in Europe.
    Yep. It would be a huge upset if he signs anywhere else IMO.

However, until he does... one wonders if the timing of Harry Kane's pronouncement that he's not purposely holding out of training has something to do with City suddenly having somewhere else to potentially spend all that money.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Get ready for a wreck at Roma this season. Jose Mourinho just saw his first game ejection in a preseason contest and his team collected three red cards.

Arsenal in mid season form welcoming Brentford back to the top flight for the first time in 74 years with 3 points.

I might just sit this year out. I don’t know if I can do it.

Current European striker merry-go-round and jersey numbers
    Lukaku leaves Inter, signs with Chelsea (wears #9 jersey) - at first, Abraham has #9, but read on…
    Dzeko leaves Roma, joins Inter(wears #9 jersey) gets to keep it
    Tammy Abraham leaves Chelsea, joins Roma (wears #9 jersey) gets to keep it
    Christiane Ronaldo (#7) wants away from Juve to PSG
    Mbappe (#7) wants away from PSG to go to Real Madrid

Good news - everybody gets to keep their jersey number!
    Last edited by Betterread; 08-17-2021 at 01:27 PM.

13. Likes:

M2 (08-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Arsenal in mid season form welcoming Brentford back to the top flight for the first time in 74 years with 3 points.

I might just sit this year out. I don’t know if I can do it.
    My main concern with Arsenal is they pay the maximum amount for Martin Odegaard.

My main concern with Arsenal is they pay the maximum amount for Martin Odegaard.
    I think they are paying 40M and Madrid wanted 65M a couple months ago. That’s not a crazy price and I thought he was really good for Arsenal when he came over.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I think they are paying 40M and Madrid wanted 65M a couple months ago. That’s not a crazy price and I thought he was really good for Arsenal when he came over.
    I really wanted 50M, but it's hard to make a fortune on the 7th middie on your depth chart. FWIW, Odegaard can be a solid creative player, though I think he's more of a Europa League-level player than a Champions League-level player.

Who are Arsenal’s most selected MFs now - I know Saka and Xhaka play a lot, but who joins them? Partey? Now Odegaard?

Turn Off Ads?