Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Ender Inciarte to minor league deal

Re: Reds sign Ender Inciarte to minor league deal

Doubt he gets called up. Unless there is many injures. Can only add two players in Sept. now. Unless they just cut bait with Shogo. Doubt that happens still owed money through next season.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Anything.
    Might want to take a look at Ender’s offensive stats the last two seasons. Sub .600 OPS both years. Was .510 in 2020. The guy is toast.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-05-2021),OGB (08-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Doubt he gets called up. Unless there is many injures. Can only add two players in Sept. now. Unless they just cut bait with Shogo. Doubt that happens still owed money through next season.
    Shogo has options

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Might want to take a look at Ender’s offensive stats the last two seasons. Sub .600 OPS both years. Was .510 in 2020. The guy is toast.
    So he's like Shogo and Senzel but with defense?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Yeah, but I wonder about Senzel. The guy has an OPS lower than Suarez. He's a decent defender in CF, but he's not better than average. I'd just go all defense there with Inciarte. With Cast and Moose back, Votto hitting, Farmer is producing, the catching tandem, there really isn't a weak spot in the line-up other than CF. If they are going to have a weak spot there, it may as well be a top defender.
    Senzel got hurt in May. He has 124 PAs all year. His numbers are a small sample and could have been impacted by his injury to an extent.

Inciarte is probably just an insurance policy in case Senzel’s knee doesn’t come around soon enough. A depth signing.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-06-2021 at 12:55 AM.

10. Likes:

757690 (08-06-2021),KeefeCato (08-05-2021),Mitri (08-06-2021),OGB (08-06-2021),Ron Madden (08-05-2021),wlf WV (08-06-2021)

So he's like Shogo and Senzel but with defense?
    I’m down on Senzel as well but he has upside with the bat.

I mean, go ahead and die on the Ender Inciarte hill, though. Lol.

12. Likes:

OGB (08-06-2021),westofyou (08-06-2021)

He (Senzel) had a 54 OPS+ last year and his career is a 77 OPS+. He's not adding value with offiense.He'd be a utility player for me. I'd swap Shogo out for Inciarte and Senzel would be my multi-position back-up. My bench would be Senzel, Naquin, Aquino, Suarez and whoever isn't catching.

India 2B
    Winker LF
    Castellanos RF
    Votto 1B
    Farmer SS
    Moose 3B
    Stephenson/Barnahart C
    Pitcher
    Inciarte CF
    Last edited by mth123; 08-05-2021 at 10:52 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He is just 30 and pushed out of playing.

Pretty solid 2015-17.

This club has tolerated .170 from their starting 3B/SS with far less than GG defense, and Naquin is not doing enough offensively to compensate for a defensive speciality position like CF.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2021)

He (Senzel) had a 54 OPS+ last year and his career is a 77 OPS+. He's not adding value with offiense.He'd be a utility player for me. I'd swap Shogo out for Inciarte and Senzel would be my multi-position back-up. My bench would be Senzel, Naquin, Aquino, Suarez and whoever isn't catching.

India 2B
    Winker LF
    Castellanos RF
    Votto 1B
    Farmer SS
    Moose 3B
    Stephenson/Barnahart C
    Pitcher
    Inciarte CF
    If Reds intend to use Inciarte in their starting lineup we’d see him in the bigs soon. I doubt it. He’s depth.

I could even see him on a playoff roster as late inning defensive replacement.

That’s about it. He can’t hit.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-05-2021 at 11:02 PM.

I get the argument about Inciarte being good in CF (though it seems his peak years may be behind him there) but man, that's just not enough to justify his sub-Shogo offense the last two seasons. Playing him every day would be nuts.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-05-2021),NC Reds (08-06-2021),OGB (08-06-2021),RedTeamGo! (08-05-2021),Ron Madden (08-05-2021)

Inciarte was actually a pretty good hitter early in his career. He hit .278 .303 .291 .304 and .265 his first 5 years. The past 3 years he has hit .246 .190 and .215. I wonder what happened to him? He is only 30 years old. The past 3 years should have been amongst his best years, not worst.

i like it. zero downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If Reds intend to use Inciarte in their starting lineup we’d see him in the bigs soon. I doubt it. He’s depth.

I could even see him on a playoff roster as late inning defensive replacement.

That’s about it. He can’t hit.
    The reds don't have anyone who can play CF who can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I get the argument about Inciarte being good in CF (though it seems his peak years may be behind him there) but man, that's just not enough to justify his sub-Shogo offense the last two seasons. Playing him every day would be nuts.
    Inciarte's OPS is 50 points higher than Shogo's and only 40 points lower than Senzel's. He'd make that up easily on defense and Senzel could be the utility guy who moves around and gets 3 or 4 starts per week at different positions. Its probably the best way to keep him healthy. The team has been scoring a lot of runs with very little offense from CF. May as well get the best defense out there we can.

Other than the contract, I don't see any argument for keeping Shogo on the roster over Inciarte - or Lopez or Schrock or Barrero for that matter.
    Last edited by mth123; 08-06-2021 at 05:24 AM.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (08-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Reds now have 5 CFers and none of them are good.
    Maybe we can combine them....we have the technology
    Go Gators!

25. Likes:

Mitri (08-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?